OH MY GOD!!!!! HUGE WOW!!!!!!!!!

steffihope
on 9/1/11 1:05 am - Philadelphia, PA
OH! MY! GOD!!!!!  I am still in awe.....so today, first day back to school.  I am totally looking forward to it, all is well, my ear is still killing me - the tylenol is taking the edge off.....I come in, meet some new people, reconnect with my colleagues, etc......Go to our meeting this morning.  yadda yadda yadda.....no big deal - as a matter of fact, there were not enough seats, so I stood the whole time - whatever.....

Meeting ends, I walk out of the classroom, and walk over to one of the new teachers and reintroduce myself to her, ask her her name, and she tells me and then.....omg, she says...."I like you!  You are tiny like me."  WHAT?!?!?!?!  What did she just call me?!?!?! Tiny?!?!?!?!?!  I am beside myself.  She doesn't know me from a hole in the wall.... I think I freaked her out a little....I said, "You have no idea what your words just meant to me - hold on, I need to get someone out here."  She just giggled and said, ok.  I pulled one of my closest colleagues out and said to her, you have GOT to hear what she just said to me.  So, I made the poor new teacher repeat what she said and I then told her what I had been through in the last 2.5 years.  

Me???  Tiny??? I am beside myself.  (Oh, and PS, she IS tiny...I think I might actually have a half inch on her.)  I am so excited right now...I am actually able to ignore my ear pain......(Ok, not really, but I don't care as much right now!)  This was an amazing thing to happen.  I have been so upset with myself this summer, and I know I have no control over the mental illness, nor the physical illnesses I have been battling, however, I am getting really tired of being physically sick and was so sad last night because of it.  This has absolutely lifted my spirits.

YAY! :)
IdaMae D.
on 9/1/11 1:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
PS... you are tiny....

I know in our minds we are not we see most of the time what we saw prior to surgery, but with all that said - YOU ARE TINY!!!!

IdaMae

steffihope
on 9/1/11 3:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks - I am still feeling pretty damned smug! :)  And I just had lunch with the woman who said it and it was funny when I mentioned it again to my other colleagues who have known me for years! :)  They told her how wonderful her words were to me........
Sara E.
on 9/1/11 2:14 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA

Congrats for you Steffi!  When people refer to me as tiny, I don't believe it and think they are patronizing me because they know I had RNY.  It is hard to grasp for me at least.  I still see myself as much larger.  Do you see yourself as tiny?  How tall are you?  I am only 5'1" and people now call me petite....are you kidding me?!?!

Congrats again tiny Steffi....you ROCK!\

Sara

steffihope
on 9/1/11 3:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Sara - I am also about 5' 1" - give or take a half an inch.  I am definitely better at seeing myself as not the 300 lb woman I once was, but I don't necessarily consider myself tiny or even petite.  When I consider petite, I only consider my height.  I have always been short....so that I expect.  But that is so not what she was referring to.  It was all of me that she meant.  

Thanks again! :)
Sara E.
on 9/1/11 9:03 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
I can't wait to meet petitie little you at Sieharra's Bat Mitzvah.
:)

Sara

dit657
on 9/1/11 4:58 am - Boothwyn, PA
Awesome WOW!! Enjoy and savor every moment of it - you've worked hard for it and deserve it!!

ps: Hope that ear pain goes away soon...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 9/1/11 9:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
giggle giggle giggle - Thanks -  I couldn't wait to wake Larry up to tell him - he was all smiles - and his response...."Um, you ARE tiny." hee hee hee! :)
Laureen S.
on 9/1/11 5:30 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Steffi,

I'd say you got just what you needed to help lift you out of your funk!!!  Woo hoo and enjoy the lifted spirits, you've certainly had the doldrums for a long enough time. . .  YAY for tiny people. . .  lol

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 9/1/11 9:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks - hoping to keep the doldrums at bay for a while.....YAY! :)  Still happily reliving the moment.....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views