Wednesday Roll Call

lauraanne715
on 8/30/11 10:37 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning PA!

Oh Ida--I am so sorry that you keep getting these hits. I can not
fathom how hard all of this has been on you. You need to focus on taking care of you from here on out. You do not need the toxicity
of your brother and your father's memory to harm you. You are very
lucky to have Gene and his mom...that is very sweet how she has taken
you in as one of her own. We can not choose the family we are given
but we can choose the "family" we wish to surround ourselves
with. Take these next few days to recouperate and focus on you.
Sending you my thoughts and prayers and very BIG HUGS!

As for me today...just taking it easy here. I feel like I am in
that lumbering stage of pregnancy..I am getting very tired very easily.
But I have to give Peanut a bath today and not on his regular weekend day because the Hubby cut the grass last night and then we let Peanut out in the front yard and he came in 20 mins later with four green paws. His little white paws got grass stained!! I have never seen anything like it. It is kinda funny. And while he managed to clean them pretty well himself...its off to the tub for him today!!

That is it today I am not venturing from home just going to putter around here..we have a busy weekend coming up so I am just going to take it easy this week....

ENJOY THE SUNSHINE!!!!

Have a great one everybody!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 8/30/11 10:53 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning Ida - Yes, take the time coming to you because what you do with that time is entirely up to you, and after all you've been going through with your family and your house I'm sure you can use it. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

I'm back at work today - it was nice being off yesterday and just doing things at my leisure - putting the outside back together, getting some medical appointments out of the way. Hubby got his shots for his knees, hopefully they'll help his pain.

Getting my nasty nails done tonight and that's about it for me today. Not much else going on here.

Take care all. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
pennykid
on 8/31/11 12:01 am - PA
Ida, I'm so sorry for all you're having to deal with lately!!!  I had NO idea things were like this with your father!!  I'm so glad Gene and his mom are there for you!!!  We can't choose the family we're given, but we can choose a family to surround ourselves with.

Many big hugs to you and Gene!!!! 
Julia              
pennykid
on 8/31/11 12:08 am - PA
Good morning Ida PA friends!!!

I'm at work.  Not working.  I finished what I had and am waiting to see if anything else comes in.  Thankful it was an easy commute today!  I live only 5-6 miles from work, but because of flooding from the hurricane, traffic has been a nightmare.  45 mins. to get home yesterday!  And on top of that, people are being stupid and walking out into traffic to cross the street, just expecting everyone to stop. 

Went shopping with a friend last night and got some stuff at KMart, all on clearance.  I have to take a pair of the pants back today because I didn't realize they rang up at the regular price.  I'll do that, along with some other errands, after work.

Sooo looking forward to this weekend!  We're closed on Monday, and I'm taking Tues and Wed off (without pay :o( but I need the break). 

Have a great day, all!!!
Julia              
steffihope
on 8/31/11 12:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
I am really pissed for you Ida - this is how I see it, and remember, this is coming from ***** Steffi - so take it or leave it.  I think you have two choices here.  And unfortunately, it would have to be donw quickly. First, you can just let it go, thank god for giving you Gene and his family and move on, or the second, I agree with Beth, you can ABSOLUTELY contest the will.  It was changed within a week of his death.  You are already paying a lawyer for the house stuff, add this to the ticket.  Sue your brother's ass off and get the anger where it belongs.  I don't know what kind of money we are talking about here, what your father was worth, but I am relatively confident that within a week of a person's death to change the will, it should be able to be looked at.  He was NOT in his right mind when he did it.  Damn - I am furious for you.....(I know where it comes from, but here and now is NOT the time for me to bring up my issues....)

Anyway - deep breath........ok - I am headed out shortly for my last day of summer break mani-pedi.  I am feeling a litttle better.  Throat is still sore, but actually ate a two egg white salami and cheese omelet.  Go me! :)  Glands seem just about back to normal.  No headache or other pains.  So, the last thing to go will be the joyous throat!  Good thing I don't talk too much at work....oh wait.......After the nails I have to take the kids for their before school hair cuts this afternoon.  Then bringing home the big two and taking the little one to the shiva call for my friends grandmom.  I finally feel as though I can be there and hug people without making anyone sick.  Her dad is having cancer surgery next week, and that is the LAST thing I need to do to this family.  I will then come home, set my alarm, get the kids to their respective places and I am DETERMINED to go to sleep before the day is over, unlike last night when I was up until close to 1.  OY!

Have a good Wednesday!
swedeville1
on 8/31/11 12:57 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
Wow, what a DICK!  Karma is a *****  Your "brother" will get his in the end.  Now I have two people on my list who's asses will be kicked when I come to see you guys.  Its gonna be a busy day!  Im so very impressed with you Ida for being able to hang tough through all that life has thrown at you lately.  Keep your head up and rely on those who count and who love you! 
Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

IdaMae D.
on 9/1/11 3:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Swede :-)

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 8/31/11 1:35 am - Lancaster, PA
Ida I am so very sorry. But somehow I know you knew that situatiion with your brother would happen.  Let him have it, he will be old and alone someday. You have people who love and support you and no amount of stuff or money is that important.

You are an amazing woman and deserve so much better. I am sorry he was not a better father, and your brother is so toxic. But at least you have some peace now and you are right. No reason to ever return.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views