OT - Can it get any more stressful????

IdaMae D.
on 8/31/11 5:27 am - Philadelphia, PA
I know there are tests throughout life, however, I'm not sure I can handle anymore tests I'm heading into a very fragile state and really fighting to keep my head above water.  

Please keep me and Gene in your prayers that these tests stop coming at us with such frequency. 

Received a certified letter today from the GC's lawyer, an intent to sue letter along with the threat of a mechanic's lean against the house.

GC is coming after us for $75,000.00 how can you sue for money you are not entitled to?  Work that was never completed and he's already been paid quite well for????

Does no one have a consciounce or ethics anymore????????????????

IdaMae

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 6:44 am
Ida, I am so sorry you are being tested in so many ways as of late. The worse part is the GC started as a friend. Yet now he does half ass work then sues you after leaving your house in a state of disarray. I hope you have kept detailed notes and follow up contractors gave you of the wrong doings. I know you have photos. 

I am well aware this is easier siad then done but try not to stress over it for the moment there is nothing you can do but contact your attorney let him know what is happening. 

Take care of yourself Ida.  
kgoeller
on 8/31/11 6:52 am - Doylestown, PA
Ida,

So sorry to hear about all of these trials - you WILL get through them.  Take a deep breath and step back. 

The "lawyer letter" is one of the oldest intimidation tricks in the book.  Call your own lawyer and have them send out an intent to counter-sue not only for the amount to repair/complete the work but also punitive damages for the time and inconvenience of having your house torn up for so long. Include the fact that you have ample documentation including photos, receipts, and statements from other contractors that the work was not completed, the house was left in disarray, and that you had to hire additional contractors to fix their screwups.  I'd be willing to bet that's the last you hear from them. 

Don't let these strong-arm tactics intimidate you and get you down. 

Hugs,
Karen
Maura M.
on 8/31/11 7:58 am - Yardley, PA
I'd look up the lawer too to make sure he is legit!  Ida, I don't have words other than you will get through all of this.  Praying for both of you - and I will NOT pray for patience!

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

bvohl
on 8/31/11 9:33 am
Ida,

I am SO sorry about this!! He needs to pay you! He really has BALLS to do this!! I say go to EVERY local TV news and tell your story!! Not bad mouth him, just tell your story plain and simple! Although, I am thinking of a few choice words for him!!!

You know I am here for you and Gene!!

Love, hugs and strength!!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

enasangels
on 8/31/11 6:40 pm - PA
Ida,
This GC is totally unbelievable.  By the time this is all over he will have to find a new trade, as no one will hire him because to many will know of incompetence.  The best way to go would be Karen's suggestion.  As has been already mentioned, try not to worry or stress over it as you can't change anything about it at this point, and you shouldn't get yourself anymore worked up than necessary.  I know you will be glad to say goodbye to this year when it ends.  Try and keep your chin up, and know that we are all right there with you in prayer and thoughts.
Hugs to you and Gene,
Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

dit657
on 8/31/11 10:00 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Ida I don't know of anyone else who has been tested like you and Gene lately! OMG am sending all of my prayers your way, but I agree with Karen - this is total scare tactics and my guess would be he has a friend who is also a lawyer and paid him to send the letter. You need to do likewise, or at least begin seeking legal counsel in case this a**hole is serious about suing. I'm telling you - Holmes on Homes - same thing happened to a couple that is happening to you - started out as a friend - turned into a nightmare - then the GC sued the homeowners!!

Of all the things that have been happening lately in your life I would stress least about this one - or at least try. He doesn't have a leg to stand on as far as suing you - that's just nuts - and you have tons of documentation showing the only thing he did was leave your home in total disarray.

Hugs and prayers....Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 8/31/11 10:17 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Ida,
I am so sorry you are being tried like this.  You really are being put through a wringer.  You are going to be at the top of my prayer list.  God will see you through this.  Romans 8:28, "All things work together for good for those that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose." 

Take the letter to your lawyer, and counter-sue. 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jackie j
on 9/2/11 7:03 am - Glenmoore, PA
It's football season Ida....you've heard of "the best defense is a good offense??"    He's going after you before you can go after him, simple as that.   You've actually been too lax in hoping he'd step up and come fix this stuff out of his good graces and the fact that he's a friend (or was) has his back is up even more.    He HAS to make it look bad on you or it REALLY LOOKS BAD ON HIM!!  I think it was his wife you were friend's with??   Maybe she doesn't even know the extent of issues you face; maybe he ditched but made it out like you guys were too picky etc.    He might just be saving face with her by suing you!!!     All kinds of stupid sh*t like this goes on, that's why I got out of law....nastiest catfights, yanking each others' tails.....ugh!!   They don't usually "settle" til one of them gets "tired" of the BS and it's usually the guy that was in the right.   Get yourself the nastiest bulldog lawyer you can find and go for the GC's throat; don't stop, don't go soft, and don't feel guilty!   You guys are sitting on a ticking timebomb.   Praying for you.  

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

IdaMae D.
on 9/3/11 3:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
thank you Jackie;
We have a lawyer we are interviewing to see if he is the one.

Do you have any suggestions for a bulldog, cutthroat, one that is politically connected in philly and harrisburg.  I intend to see this through and take and believe that as long as I push for it so will Gene.  He's a lot softer than I am :-)

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views