Tuesday Roll Call

bvohl
on 8/29/11 9:38 pm
Good Morning PA!!

I got up bright and early this morning to get back into my work schedule. I go back on Thursday so I figured I better start now getting up!! I am looking forward to going back to work, I know WEIRD?? I am not looking forward to all the other things starting up again! Hebrew School (now twice a week), brownies, etc. It will be nice to have structure again!

Today I have a dentist appointment then we are going to see my folks. Didn't get to go on Dad's birthday so we are going today. After that, I will probably finish up the laundry and straighten up the house.

That is it for me!

Ida, I am praying for you and Gene through this difficult time!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 8/29/11 10:03 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Beth;

Thank you! 

Going to get a cup of decaf tea and lay down for a bit.   We have to meet with the funeral director 2ish today.

I have to make sure I choose the clothes dad will be laid out in, my brother has absolutely no sense of how to dress and I know my mom would want ME to make sure dad is dressed appropriately.

Ida

IdaMae

pennykid
on 8/30/11 4:44 am - PA
Ida, I hope things are going ok for you today.  My dad made it 'easy' on us---he planned most of his funeral about 2 weeks before he passed.  He was an Episcopal priest, so he knew what hymns he wanted, who he wanted to participate, all that stuff.  Can't say it made it easier on us, but it sure helped to know what he wanted.

Hugs to you!!!
Julia              
Liz R.
on 8/29/11 10:07 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All - I am at work today after being out yesterday due to the weather leftovers so I know it is going to be a busy day. Working until 3:30 - 4ish then headed to the chiropractor (hopefully! have to call and make an appt, my back is killing me), then to my parents to pick up Mia and head home. She has been pushing the limits on bedtime so tonight it back to 8pm.

Have a great day all, good luck today Ida.
lauraanne715
on 8/29/11 10:23 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning PA!!

Saw the school buses rolling through my neighborhood this a.m.--I am finding it so strange that I have no classroom to set up or the fact that I will not be teaching at all this year. But so looking forward to
my Lil Sweet Pea's arrival!!

Not much on the agenda today...may organize the laundry room a bit and start putting the baby diapers, wipes, etc on the shelves.
Have to find a solution to my Bella kitty feeling the need to sleep in the playard sleeper compartment. Third time I found her cozied
up in there. Taking here out and saying "NO" sternly does not
seem to work...guess that only works on dogs,may have to get a
water bottle to spray her with but she is a VERY stubborn cat so
I don't know if that will work either...siggh. Any ideas???

Will definitely be spending a bit of time outside today soaking up
this gorgeous weather! Hope everyone has a great day!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Liz R.
on 8/29/11 10:53 pm - Easton, PA
I covered the play pen etc with a bed sheet and that seemed to deter the cats for a while. I also found that when I delivered I sent hubby home with one of the receiving blankets baby was wrapped in and let the cats smell it. They have been great with her.

Good luck!
lauraanne715
on 8/30/11 12:42 am - Pottstown, PA
Thanks Liz!! :-)

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

enasangels
on 8/29/11 11:45 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa.,
We had the march of the ants last night in the kitchen and an area in the living room.  My daughter found them by the kids table while they were eating dinner, and just as she was headed out the door for work.  My son in law is radical about bugs, so the clean up began.  Spray in the kitchen, and when the kids went to bed borax in the carpets.  Wiped everything down in the kitchen to make sure there was no food residue to draw them.  My son in law came home and what a picture he made at 6 ft something crawling around the kitchen floor chasing the last few renegades.  This morning I had my daughter move the table and benches in the kitchen while I cleaned the floor on my hands and knees.  All done.
I am going to head to the beach, just for some sun and to relax with a book.  Got some snacks packed and will get some much needed vit. D.  Need to get out of the house as sil is working from home today.  Plan to make Lasagna when I get home, that always makes him happy, and with sooth the nerves around here a bit as my daughter is mad because he did not renew the contract with the exterminator.
Hope you all have a great day.
Hugs, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Laureen S.
on 8/30/11 12:05 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Beth, PA Friends. . .

I hear you about wanting to get back into work. . .  I have had times when I was not working either from recovery of a surgical procedure or more recently that time frame when I was unemployed and as much as we may ***** about the working aspect of life, there is something to be said about the routine of it all, not to mention, for me, there is the interaction with my co-workers, which these days, since the two that drove me to tears here, are long gone, is a very nice thing. . .  oh and let's not forget that wonderful thing called a paycheck that helps the rest of our lives get lived.

What I love after a storm is that everything appears brighter and the respect for what Mother Nature does is that much more so.   Though it is also sad for so many who have lost so much and for those who lost loved ones as a result of this storm, I am deeply saddened.  Our main offices in Hackensack were closed yesterday due to the building being closed, as their under building garage was flooded and today it is still not completely open. 

Yesterday was a beautiful day and I had off because I had a planned vacation day, and I spent my day cleaning the house and then going into my basement to start getting rid of stuff, as the storm did add to the wet in my basement . . so down there I went, plastic bags in hand and began the process of getting rid of wet smelly items, some of which needed to be gone for some time, but yesterday was the perfect, seeing as today is garbage day, in total I spent 6 hours cleaning house and basement and when it was done I then turned myself over to food prep for the remainder of the work week.  Managed to watch part of the Jets/Giants game and went to sleep when my team was up 14 points.

I learned this morning that my Bose wave radio alarm is no longer trustworthy, as I actually got out of bed last night to be sure it was on before going to sleep last night and this morning when I woke up it was because I saw light coming from the main part of the house, jumped up and saw that it was 5:43 a.m. which is a full hour later than I needed to get up, so I grabbed a cup of coffee, sat down on the sofa and gave Roxie her petting time, while I turned on the on demand and scrolled through some exercise routines I could do at home, as I cannot afford not to have my daily exercise routine, no matter the fact that I woke up too late to get to the gym and so I did a 30 minute routine, got showered, dressed and now I am at work. After work, I will meet with a sponsee for a little while and then home to relax. 

Have a great day everyone, wishing peace and strength to those who are facing life challenges.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 8/30/11 12:28 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Beth and PA,
I am slow in getting on board today.  I was sick most of yesterday.  Had some type of bug with fever, sweats, chills, nausea, etc.  It had me down for the count most of the afternoon and evening. 

Today, I walked Utley, and had breakfast.  I cancelled my IV iron infusion, because I still feel the effects of the virus, and I did not want to sit for half an hour.  Not to mention expose the chemo patients to my virus.

Today, I will be packing some more.  Then, I will make my AA meeting.  I also have to get my bloodwork done, to check my coumadin levels. 

In addition to all of that, I will walk Utley some more.  Maybe we will go down to the river later.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views