Tuesday Roll Call

dit657
on 8/30/11 1:02 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning. I'm off today - getting ready to go for my dexascan and mammo. I finished cleaning the porches this morning and putting my things back outside. Have chicken marinating and rice cooked for dinner - making stir fry.

This afternoon taking hubby for shots for his knees then home to finish making dinner. Looking forward to being outside today since it's so beautiful.

Enjoy the beautiful day!! Kathy.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 8/30/11 2:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
Mor....oops - I mean afternoon Beth and all of PA - I tried getting on here earlier from my phone, just didn't have the time.  I was actually up and out of the house this morning.  Amazing right?!?!

Throat still hurts, but it is not throbbing, I am loving the lidocaine rinse.....not completely numb but passable and I can actually drink water and eat soup!  Glands still swollen but at a normal level not past my ears.  And speaking of ears - they actually do not hurt.  I went to the doctor yesterday morning after I cried to the nurse on the phone that I just couldn't take the pain - she actually told me she heard it in my voice, she could tell it was my throat - that is was THAT swollen.  I never made it to the funeral or the Shiva house last night.  I basically did not leave my living room.  The doctor put me on a steroid and gave me a lidocaine rinse.  I still took tylenol a few times yesterday as things were still hurting.  Haven't needed to today yet!  yay! :)

I just got back from both the psychiatrist and the psychologist.  Yes, in one morning.  I asked Larry to come with me to the psych as I trust his judgement these days more than my own.  We upped my dosage to 300 mg in lieu of 200, which she advised was still a small dose.  Larry was still seeing some ups and downs, just not as radical as before.  I then went to the therapist, I was going to go to King of Prussia Mall after, but she made me realize that I really need to continue to rest - I told her that the cold I was now feeling was the kind of cold that I would normally ignore, plow through and deal with the kids, hubby and life things.  She advised me that that was probably not the best course of action based on my summer and my obvious low tolerance of germs as of late.  So, while I got in the car, punched KOP in my GPS, I decided I needed to come home.  I want to go to the shiva house tonight with the girls for a little while.  So, here I am on the computer at home.  I will be taking Josh to meet his cousin tonight at Plymouth Meeting Mall, our meet up place and then head over to the Shiva house for a little while which is in the next town over, Lafayette Hill.  I will only stay for the service and a little while after.  I expect to be home by 8:30 to get Emily in bed by 9.

That is it for me.  Ready to go back to work on Thursday as well.  Hope my illnesses stay at bay for a while....have to work!!!!  Hope your Tuesday is a good one!
pennykid
on 8/30/11 4:40 am - PA
Hi all!!!

I'm at work.  No surprise there---sometimes I feel like I live here!  I have just a little more work to do today, which I'll do when the others are at their meeting.  (Funny---I can handle some of the most sensitive documents, but because I'm a temp, I can't go to most meetings.)

Paul is at the beach for a few days.  We were lucky---no damage from the storm.  We're the third building back from the dunes, so we weren't sure what to expect.  He thought the storm would make for good metal detecting, but no---he's only found about $1.65 so far.  Oh well, it's fun, and it's good exercise.  And don't tell him, but I'm enjoying my bachelorette week!  lol

Enjoy the rest of your day, folks!!!
Julia              
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views