TGIF! Combating Regain - Checking In

Laureen S.
on 8/26/11 12:34 am - Maple Shade, NJ
TGIF!!!

Well another work week in the rearview mirror (almost), and a weekend of uncertainty with the prediction of Irene heading up the coast and being a nusiance and literally raining on whatever plans we might have chosen differently for this upcoming weekend. . .  feel sorry for anyone who has a wedding this weekend, as this sort of thing will certainly put a damper on their joy. . .

Ok, so how did your week go? 

Mine was pretty good overall in the choices I made, but I missed a day's workout and this morning I woke up with a lot of physical aches and pains.  However, instead of focusing on what I did not do perfectly (what is perfection, but an illusion anyway), I choose to focus on the fact that in spite of feeling tired and in pain, I went to the gym and put in my best for today.  How often in the past, did I give up before I began, for no other reason than I thought my efforts had to be perfect.  That all or nothing mentality, made me fail before I began in the past, because I did nothing too perfectly.  Today, I truly get it, that something is better than nothing and that we all have off days sometimes and it's ok, so long as we don't allow those days to become weeks and then months. 

I'm a winner this week!  I'll bet you are too. . .

Have a safe weekend, be prepared for whatever may be coming and remember that after the storm, the sunshine will be incredibly amazing and life sweeter somehow. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 4:55 am - Eastern, PA
Hi Laureen-

A good week for me as well. I got all my weightlifting in and ran my 5k Tues-Fri. Didn't make it Monday, which absolutely had nothing at all to do with drinking a beer or ten on the porch the night before (ahem).

But it was a week of good foood choices overall. Now that I am really working out hard again, my metabolism is going really good, so I have to make sure I get lots of protein or I run down quickly.

As long as I keep training and keep my food choices smart, I will be fine. It's when I don't do one of thowe things (or even worse both of them) that the train comes flying off the tracks.

Batten the hatches and have a safe weekend everybody.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views