Week #3 Radiation & Chemo

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 8/24/11 10:30 pm

Yesterday all my veins failed during Chemo so I had to get a pic line.  This of course delayed chemo until 4 PM or so.  Got home really late, got up early this morning due to having my radiation time changed to 6:15 and then had to go up to chemo to get my lines flushed.  There is a visiting nurse seeing me later today to drop off saline syringes and show me how to flush my lines twice a day.  I tell you what, this adventure just keeps getting more detailed.  Hopefully the lines will hold up until the treatments are done.  Next week I have a pelvic exam to see how the treatments are doing.  Will keep you all up to date and close to my heart.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 10:49 pm - Eastern, PA
Please keep us up to date. We are all praying for you.

Laureen S.
on 8/24/11 11:20 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Nan,

I am praying for you .  I hope that the exam shows these treatments are doing what they need to.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 8/25/11 12:21 am
Prayers and positive thoughts send your way!!!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 8/25/11 3:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
sending our prayers!!!!

IdaMae

dit657
on 8/25/11 3:52 am - Boothwyn, PA
Prayers coming your way, Nan - hope the pic line works. They put a port in my brother before he started his treatments, which at the time I thought was strange, but now I'm glad they did it. They waited and waited on my mom and her veins were terrible. Praying for a good outcome next week on the exam.

Hugs - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
kreavis1979
on 8/25/11 6:04 am - PA
I am keeping you close to my heart Nan.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 8/25/11 9:53 am
Awe, that's so sweet!!!

jackie j
on 8/29/11 6:01 am - Glenmoore, PA
Hey Nan, how are you holding up???   Keeping you in my thoughts.  

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 8/29/11 7:27 am
I'm hanging in there, no other choice.  Totally exhausted, wish I could take a week off from life and sleep thru.  NO SUCH LUCK. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views