Tired Tuesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 8/22/11 7:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

It was nice to get back out into the world yesterday.  Work yesterday was nice, it was very quiet and I was able to get a lot of work completed.  It was nice to be away from the house doing something other than thinking, planning, strategizing about the house.  Today I'm working till 4 then home to continue to work on all the assignments I am behind in for school.

Tomorrow I"ll be working from home have the building inspector coming to the house to inspect it and document the condition it has been left in.

Thursday I'll be taking off a very dear old friend of Gene'shas passed we are attending her graveside memorial service Thursday morning.

Dad is still the same...

Hope everyone has a great day..

Ida

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 8/22/11 8:35 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Ida. Sorry to hear about the loss of Gene's friend.

I will totally concur with the tired thing! I stay at my paren'ts on monday nights because my Mom watches her Mon-tues and since I'd be home alone might as well hang with Mom. Well Mia fought us hard to go to bed and it was almost 9:30 before she caved. SHe was very restless and up again at 1 to snuggle with me but was restless the rest of the night. Needless to say it's a high test coffee kind of morning. I am here at work plugging away. I need to run out at lunchtime to the bank and get some fresh air. Hope to duck out of here around 3:30 again today. Then just off to pick up Mia, head home to make dinner and do the normal evening routine. Definately getting out for a walk in this gorgeous weather tonight!
lynnc99
on 8/22/11 9:49 pm
Ida, at least having the inspector document things will assure that this GC doesn't get permits locally any longer! Too bad that the municipalities can't work together on this - but maybe they do to some degree. Let us know what he says.
dit657
on 8/22/11 10:11 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - I know this beautiful weather is a blessing for you and Gene, Ida - hopefully you can get things shored up enough before the next round of rain comes along. I watched your videos on FB with the rain pouring in - just awful. Hopefully the structure is still sound.

I'm at work - very quiet here so far. I think I heard someone on the other side of the suite earlier but not sure. Doesn't bother me - I could be alone here all day!

I am meeting a good friend for lunch today - she's out here for a seminar - we were supposed to meet yesterday and I totally forgot and didn't have the car, so I couldn't make it, but hopefully we'll get together today.

Last night hubby and I saw the urologist - he has been diagnosed with PIN (Prostatic Intraepittual Neoplasia - sp?) - anyway, it's a preclude to prostate cancer - usually a 70% chance that it will morph into cancer, but there is that 30% chance that it won't. So for now Len will continue to have bloodwork every 3-4 months to watch his PSA numbers and if they start to go up then he'll have another biopsy. So not the worst news in the world - not the greatest - but something we can definitely live with.

My little sister called last night with results of her uterine ultrasound - she has 2 fibroids in her uterine wall, and an ovarian cyst - so now she knows where all of her pain has been coming from. Years ago she had fibroids removed from outside of her uterus, but these are different in where they are. Next week she'll have another procedure (biopsy) to determine why uterine cells were found in her pap test, then they'll proceed from there.

My niece is calling today to finalize the plans for my brother's cancer benefit this weekend - I think we have it all together at this point - it's hard doing everything long distance but she's a pretty organized kid so I think we'll be okay - this is the niece that has had the drug problem and I'm really proud of her for doing this for her dad. I think she's on the right path - just keep praying it stays that way.

And finally just found out my oldest granddaughter got a job in southern California (she just moved down there with the rest of her family) - she'll be working at Hooters. No, I'm not happy about that - had hoped she would go for something else, but the kid has the body for it - just hope she has the chutzpah to handle it. She should make good money, and her ultimate goal is to go back to school to become an ultrasound tech. Keeping my fingers crossed for that.

And that's my story this morning - beautiful out there today - hope everyone can get out and enjoy at least part of it.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 8/22/11 10:29 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Ida, glad that you got away from the house for a bit and SO glad that there was NO rain!! Sorry to hear about Gene's friend! Glad Dad is status quo!!

I had a rough night! Dee has been suffering with allergies( i think), she came into my room around 3am and said she couldn't sleep. I let her climb into bed and we went back to sleep for a bit. I had to go to the bathroom and then I couldn't go back to sleep. Hubby's cell phone kept on making noises (I guess he forgot to put it on vibrate), plus having Dee in bed with us makes it even more uncomfortable!! Reba was in bed with us too, I tried to pet her and she bit me!! She does have some agressive tendencies but I guess that is because she was in the house that she was! So, I came downstairs and Dee followed me. I stretched out on the recliner, tried to fall back asleep, then the other cat threw up in the kitchen. That was the last straw for me! I gave up on sleep, cleaned up the mess, played on the computer for a bit, ate something, then went back to the recliner and finally fell asleep! WHEW!! I woke up about a half hour ago and now I am drinking much needed coffee and taking my meds like a good girl!

Today, I want to go see my folks. It is my Dad's birthday, but I will have to see how Dee is...

Hope you all have a great day! I really hope my day gets better!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

swedeville1
on 8/22/11 10:48 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Good morning Ida and PA.
 I am at work enjoying a SF VAn Iced Coffee and trying to not fall asleep.  Hey Ida, do you need me to come down there and kick that general contractors ass?  That guy is a serious douche!!!  Im so sorry you have to go through all of that.  What doesnt kill us.....  So I will be working until 300 then it's home to pick up Jen, Jett and Jett's friend Dylan and off we go to see a Pirate baseball game.  I hope they can win again tonight against the dreaded Brewers.  Oh, by the way, I really enjoyed the preseason game last Thursday when the Steelers smacked the Eagles around.  That was some good T.V.. 
Im coaching football again this year.  Its nice this time around because of all of the weight loss and how much easier it is to be active lead by example on the field.  Im in a much better place than this time last year.  Thanks God! 
Well, that's all for me today.  I hope all of you are doing well and successing.  Love you all.
Take care.
Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

steffihope
on 8/23/11 12:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
Wierd - you were pretty clear up until the Football comments, then you got all mumbly....That's really weird!!!!!!
swedeville1
on 8/23/11 1:09 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
hmmph.  re-read it.  Im pretty sure you cane figure it out. 

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

IdaMae D.
on 8/23/11 7:51 am - Philadelphia, PA
Swede:
Thank you!  That would be wonderful and it would get you to the easten side of PA so we can all meet you!!!!!  Yup, I've survived a lot in my life, much more than most would be able to handle and stay sane,  so I know this too shall pass...

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 8/22/11 11:03 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning everyone!

Things are really starting to look up around here!!  I did my signing of the papers last night for the house!  I am getting Bat Mitzvah plans lined up-- I will be meeting with a woman from the synagogue on Wednesday so she can help me with recipe conversion so I know how much I need to buy as I start my shopping.  

Working til 3:30 for Aetna today.. have to go to the notary to have some documents signed and faxed off.  

Dress Barn tonight til 9:30

Home to play bingo blitz on FB for awhile and then bed. .

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views