Combating Regain, How Are We Doing It?

Laureen S.
on 8/22/11 1:21 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Monday's come quicker than any other day of the week, at least from my perspective. . .anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that you continue to move in the direction you seek.

Woke up this morning and started my day off with the gym and a healthy breakfast of eggbeaters, zucchini, garlic/onions and feta cheese, healthy snacks and right sized portions were packed for work and so unless I get in my own way, today should be a day on the winning side of this battle.

This weekend was interesting, as I went out to breakfast and lunch with Tony and even then I found myself making choices that were in my best interest, not only did I choose right, I ate protein first, anything else last and my one treat was Saturday night when I made myself a s/f root beer float with mostly flat soda as I still seldom have that stuff.  So I guess my combating is becoming less of a combat and more of a decision to enjoy life, but without having to indulge just because I can.  I did not feel deprived and have not felt that way in a while now, whereas there have been moments I wanted something and felt as thought having it was not good for me and if I choose not to, I felt like I was being deprived somehow.

Anyway, how are you doing, what thoughts or feelings are you experiencing with regards to where you are in your journey, care to share them?

Have a great day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Decolady
on 8/22/11 8:35 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Hi Laureen,

I have to say that after more than a week of journaling my food, I realize that this is what I will have to do for quite a long time, if not forever.  It was something that I resisted this entire whole year after surgery.  And now I know why - I didn't want to face the truth of what I was really eating.  I knew the scale hadn't moved in almost 6 weeks.  So now I have promised myself that I will enter everything I eat into The Daily Plate no matter what or how much I eat.  9 times out of 10 that fact will keep me from eating the wrong things!  And I am down 8 lbs. since I started doing this.  So this has been a huge wake-up call for me.

Now I am off to ZUMBA!!

THANKS
Deb
Laureen S.
on 8/22/11 10:31 am - Maple Shade, NJ
 Great news and it is something I stopped doing around the same time I stopped exercising and all because I thought I had it under control, then a handful of this forgotten along the way, miscalculating what was actually being taken in added 15 lbs. to me in a matter of 6 months, pretty scary and it really isn't that hard to jot things down and as you said, it helps you think about what you are doing.  Really happy to read your results and in such a short time.  Woo hoo, keep it going!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 8/22/11 10:00 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning - I'm working my way back to better eating one day at a time. Last three mornings have started with protein shakes. Today I need to order some sf syrups from DaVinci so I can have a little more variety - that's my biggest problem - I get into food 'ruts' and don't mix it up enough. I have found that if I start my day with a shake it sticks with me for a long time, and I end up making better choices throughout the day.

Still working on the exercise end of things but I'll get there.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views