Sunday - What's going on with you today. . .

Laureen S.
on 8/20/11 10:49 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Wow, almost 9 a.m. and no one posted roll call yet. . .

I slept in this morning, but  was up until 1 a.m. doing something I seldom do, watching television. . .  today I will do my usual errands and food prep for the work week, clean house and figure out what I am going to be wearing, as getting up early in the mornings and going to the gym, I sometimes forget things I need to be properly dressed for work ;)

Otherwise, I'm not planning on much, supposedly we're going to get hit with another round of storms sometime this afternoon, so I'll just enjoy being home today.  Planning on an AA meeting tonight and that's my plans?  How about you?

Have a wonderful day, wishing peace and strength to those who are dealing with life challenging situations.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 8/20/11 11:30 pm
Good Morning Laureen and PA!!

I also slept in this morning! But being that I hardly slept the night before I really needed that extra sleep! I woke up to my bed cat, which I LOVE!! The child slept in til 9am too so except for hubby who was awoken by the cat we all slept well!

Today we are taking Dee to the place where we had her birthday party. We have a free day pass so hubby and I will take turns watching her. I plan on walking around the mall while it is my turn to be free!

That is it for me!!
Have a great Sunday!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 8/20/11 11:31 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning Laureen & PA:

Was up late last night, dad was in a lot of pain yesterday, we had to administer the first dose of morphine and he was still very uncomfortable.  My brother is fighting giving him the morphine so would only agree to the minimum amount.  My dad and brother have a very weird symbiotic relationshiop so because my brother keeps telling dad he does not need the morphine, dad agrees to do as he says and not take it and stay in pain.  I'm of the mindset that dad is 91 yrs old, he had a very full, wonderful life that he really lived the way he wanted to live and didn't allow anyone or anything to stop him from doing as he wanted.  Dad said the pain in his chest on a scale of 1-10 is a 9.  This is the first time dad has actually put a number on this pain.  I think maybe my brother has finally come to terms with the need for the morphine, he said he can't keep dad in pain for him, he has to let dad do what he needs to do and let him go if it is time to do that to have some comfort, we shall see if he changes his mind again today and stops giving dad the relief he needs.    The sleeping aid the doc orderd helped a little bit the other night but only allowed an hour sleep.  I do not think my dad has slept in about a week now. 

There are just some family things that one cannot fret over for their own sanity and the relationship between my dad and brother and I  is one of them.  I stay as far away from this craziness as I can, but when called I will be there.   Both my dad and brother prefer me to be out of sight and out of mind.

Today I have a lot of writing assignments to catch up on.  I do have an extension from my prof, however I need to get some sense of normallacy back into my life.  I am planning to go into the office tomorrow, I need to get back around people.

Our neighbor is going to help Gene put up the last outer door on the house today, we are trying to ge this done prior to the rains starting again today. 

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

steffihope
on 8/21/11 12:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Laureen - a rare post from me over the weekend. But it is a slow lazy Sunday for me so here I am. 

The only major thing on my agenda today is packing Emily and I for the shore.  We are leaving sometime tomorrow - depends on Larry exhaustion after work and when our friends are getting there as we are staying with them for a few days prior to heading to my in-laws.  I am having some anxiety about being with my in-laws.  I have had a huge issue with my SIL and am not ready to talk about it with them yet as I have not put closure on that relationship - which I have started writing about to her, SIL, BTW - and am worried that she will come up in conversation.  In the fragile state I am in, I am worried that I will either go completely beserk and scream holler and yell, or on the other side of the spectrum, crawl into a whole and cry and refuse to have a conversation about this toxic woman in my life.  Oh the joys of Bipolar.......It is also possible, but of course, this is not in my head, that I could have an adult conversation about her.....but the way I have been feeling, that seems not likely.

The other thing I have going on today is taking Emily to her BFF's (She has a million of them it seems) birthday party at the bowling alley.  Other than that - Larry is asleep, Molly is in Cape May with the step-dad and his ***** of a wife and Josh will be home at some point today.  I am beginning to think that God is playing games with me having to deal with aforementioned SIL and now step-dad's mean spirited wife. (Not to mention my Orthodox sister whom I have not spoken to in weeks.)  No wonder I need good drugs!

Happy Sunday all! :)
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/11 2:21 am
If the in laws start to stress you and you need to vent call or text me....Love you.
steffihope
on 8/21/11 2:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you soooo much!!!! :)  (I keep have these feelings of just telling Larry that we have to leave...and it gets ugly....)  I am so hoping it is just a nice time down the shore with the kids....sigh!
Laureen S.
on 8/21/11 3:37 am - Maple Shade, NJ

I seldom post on the weekends too, but staying home cooking and cleaning out drawers, closets and so on. . .  anyway, Steffi if you need an ear or just to release some stress, feel free to add me your call/text list. . .

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 8/21/11 11:11 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Laureen - I sooo appreciate it!!!!  I am hopeful for a relaxing, NON-confrontational visit.  And it wont be til Thursday - so the beginning of the week should be awesome!
Patricia R.
on 8/21/11 3:43 am - Perry, MI
Hey Laureen and PA,
I am late posting today.  I overslept and was late to church this morning.  I went to church, and then did some shopping for a baby shower gift for someone on the board who I adore.  I can't go to her shower, but I still had to get this gift.  I also got my nephew's birthday present, because my sister-in-law is having his birthday party the evening of my move, so I have to be prepared before the move.  I tried to get my Mom's birthday present today, but the grocery store did not have what I was looking for.  I think I will just go to Amazon, because I don't have the time, or energy to be hunting down this particular item.  My Mom likes the Brita pitcher, but the filters are expensive.  Plus, I want to surprise her with the Brita bottle.  She lives on a small Social Security check, and can't afford the Brita stuff.

Today, has me watching the Phillies, and then heading to a friends for dinner.  A young lady from my Bible study is presenting her ministry, as she hopes to go to the Philippines as a missionary.  I am looking forward to the fellowship with everyone.  I hope it does not get rained out.

I am taking a break from packing today. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 8/21/11 5:10 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good afternoon. I'm getting ready to take a nap but not sure the storm is going to let me. Watching the phillies and it's about to storm in DC but if they get this inning finished it should count as a complete game with the Phils coming our as winners.

Laundry and grocery shopping today - got everything I need to make healthy food for myself this week and to make the food for my brother's benefit next Saturday. Just talked to my sister in Florida who is supposed to be flying up Friday for it but hurricane Irene may put a glitch in those plans as well.

Not much going on so think it's nap time for me.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views