Finally Friday Roll Call

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 11:52 pm
It is Friday and I am waking up alone today all week I have had kids here with me which has been a fun treat. Aja and Jay were here Wednesday night took them to the Smurfs then let them veg on Thursday in their jammies. I love having the kids with me and really LOVE having Aja with me.

Yesterday I had my third new fridge delivered so I am hoping there is no more issues I just want to put my kitchen back together. My whole downstairs is in disaray yet I will say Lowe's has been aces during this whole thing. The customer service has been great.

Today I am going to have lunch and get a massage with one of my best friends. He is going through a break up and my heart breaks for him since he is hurting and I wish I could have said something about the ex to him but we all know I would have been the bad girl if I said anything like don't get involved so hard. He will heal and be even stronger cause we all have to live life for the good and bad.

We have tenative plans for tonight but if it rains I am not gonna go because Currans's sucks during the rain. So maybe a quiet night at home is on the horizon.

Ida, I would talk with an attorney before you do anything in regards to this insurance deal. Sounds like the GC is trying to pull a fast one. Cause you settle now then what about the on going damage.

I owe a bunch of people emails yet been lazy in getting them out. I need to get my act together.

Life is Good!
IdaMae D.
on 8/19/11 7:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
Beth, I have a list of attorney's I'm slowly going through. The director of my MBA program is a lawyer so she gave me a list of names that she is on very good terms with. 
Hopefully we'll be able to find the right one that fits with Gene and I if not she said she'll give me more names till we find the right one.

He's not going to pulll a fast one, the adjustor by warning us yesterday was a God send....if she had not said what she said Gene and I might not have known that taking the money would absolve him of any further liablity

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 8/19/11 1:16 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Ida, PA Friends,

TGIF!!!  Best darn day of the work week. . .

Ida, you've gotten lots of input re your GC and so on, so I won't go on about it, other than to say I wish this situation resolved to your satisfaction in a quick fashion.

Today is going to be a quick one, as it is almost half over already, I am going to a noon AA meeting, working summer hours, so this is my week to be here until 5 p.m., after work I will meet with my sponsee for an hour or so and then home to hang with Roxie, as tomorrow Tony will be coming down.  That's my days plan, what life brings, well we'll just have to see what happens.

Wishing you all the best possible day and peace and strength to get through the less appealing aspects of life.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 8/19/11 2:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
Wow - its afternoon already - I was out real late with Larry and friends last night, and I was able to sleep until 10 this morning.  Got up, came down to chat with Larry and hung out for a while.  Had breakfast and now it 12:30.  Not sure how it happened.  And now I could go lay back down on the sofa and nap....oy - I have too much to do.

Ida - I am so sorry that this GC has been such an asshole.  I truly hope you take him for a lot!  He has interrupted your life, school work and marriage too far to let it go.  Get thee a GREAT attorney and sue his ass off!  He should not be able to do this to another family!

Today for me is going to be low key.  Larry is already back to bed for his first night back to work.  I am sad to see his vacation come to an end - mostly because he has to shave his go-tee. It looks so great on him but he can not have facial hair due to the stupid rule that the mask he MAY NEED to wear in a fire wont have the correct fit.  He has said numerous times, the mask comes well below the line for facial hair - but the rules are the rules!  oh well.  He is still hot without the go-tee too!  So, its a win-win for me! :)  

Going to be a quiet weekend for me as well, heading to the shore for a week starting on Monday.  So, have to prep for that!

Happy Friday y'all! :)
IdaMae D.
on 8/19/11 7:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
Steffi;
If it is the last thing I do I will bring him down!!!!!

IdaMae

steffihope
on 8/19/11 11:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
Atta girl! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views