Finally Friday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 8/18/11 8:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

It's Friday!!!!  Finally the end of a very trying week.  Today I'll work till 4 then class till 10. 

Gene is working today after re-arranging his schedule yesterday and moving clients around so we could take care of some things with the house. 

The insurance adjuster came out yesterday, she told us without actually telling us that if we accept any settlement money for the rain damage to our personal property in the house once we accept we releaase the GC of any further action against him.  So now I see the reason he is pushing so hard for us to take a settlement for the water damage.  She was appalled at the condition he's left the house in and said she was going to strongly suggest to him that he needs to button up the siding that he ran out of and is still not on the house, and that he needs to do somthing with the front of the house where all the dirt caved in and will continue to flood the house if it is not addressed.

I personally never want him to set foot on or near our property again.

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

lauraanne715
on 8/18/11 9:07 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good Morning PA!!!

Ida--(((((BIG HUGS))) to both you and Gene!!

Today had me up at the buttcrack of dawn to take the teen to work...unfortunately I could not fall back asleep when I came home so I have been up for the past two hours....sigggh.

The rain has stopped but it is still very dreary...seems like I willbe spending the day working on my baby blanket and reading. Keeping my feet up...They were a bit swollen yesterday.

Very excited though..my summer school check finally came in and I was
able to order the stroller, the crib sheets, the mobile , the monitor, etc to finish up the nursery!! So excited..so very excited!!!!

Nothing else going on here today! Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC
(even if it is wet) FRIDAY!!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Liz R.
on 8/18/11 9:08 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Ida - Im with you, I wouldn't want him to come back but he should pay to have someone else come out and fix it that is more qualified and that WANTS the work!

I am at wor****il 1 then off to get blood work, drive to NJ to pick up Mia at my Grandmother's, grocery shop, home, put away groceries, make dinner and hang out until bedtime! I'm exhausted already! lol

Have a great day all and a lovely weekend!
pennykid
on 8/18/11 10:19 pm - PA
Good morning Ida and PA!!!

Ida---I wouldn't want that guy on my property either!!!  Best of luck with your whole situation---it sounds absolutely dreadful!!

I'm working from home today.  And so far, no work to do.  I have to call in to a teleconference at 10.  As long as it's slow like this today, I'll read or get my cross stitch out.  Glad to be home today as I'm getting a headache.  What fun.

Have a great day, all!!!
Julia              
dit657
on 8/18/11 10:21 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Ida I couldn't help thinking about you and Gene last night as several thunder storms and sheets of rain (and at times hail) came pouring down on us. I'm hoping that we got the brunt of it and you didn't. So if you get insurance money the GC is totally off the hook? Where's the damn justice in that? Obviously he's not as dumb as we think? I feel so bad for you guys - that is just not right. Hey - you need to get in touch with Mike Holmes of Holmes on Homes on HGTV - if anybody can fix that mess he can. Seriously - do a video showing all the damage he has left behind - write a letter - I'm not sure I've seen a worse house on his show than what this a-hole has done to you!

I'm at work - nice trip in this morning. Was in a 'soulful' mood so listened to Soul Town on my XM radio - kept me very mellow this morning. Had my annual ob-gyn appt yesterday - went pretty good. I do have a minor issue that she thinks is some type of infection so prescribed a topical cream, but wants to see me in 2 months in case it hasn't gone away for a biopsy, so obviously it isn't that serious. Time for my mammo and she wants me to have a dexascan (sp?) as well.

Not much on my agenda for the weekend - going to pack some more stuff up - have to get bubble wrap and a good, strong box to pack my mother's old lamp in for my sister to take back to Florida with her in September. It's been in our family forever, and I've been the caretaker of it for years because I've had mom with me, but it really should go to the oldest daughter. Some day it will pass to my daughter, then my oldest granddaughter, but for now my sister will keep it in the 'Memom' room she has in Florida - she has a beautiful quilt she bought mom for one of her last birthdays, and now the lamp will join it.

Hope everyone has a great day

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 8/19/11 7:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
Kathy;
We'll let the claim open, because we are both curious to see what the settlement would be.  I know we won't sign off on it, there is absolutely no way we'll let him off the hook that easy.  I've thought of writing to Mike Holmes - I'd love to have that man in my house for me to sit and drool over :-)

In addition to being ethical......He's great eye candy for us women!!!!!

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 8/18/11 10:22 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida and PA,
Ida, I totally understand your desire not to have the GC touch foot on your property.  I would feel the same way.  Hang in there.  This will pass.

I saw the podiatrist yesterday, and have a stress reaction, which is a precursor to a stress fracture.  I had a stress fracture a few years ago, so I caught this one early.  I have to wear a Cam Walker boot for two weeks, and then go back to him.  Hopefully, it will heal and then I can schedule my second hammertoe surgery, which I knew about when I had my first one.  He told me if I had not caught it early, it would have broken and I would be in the boot for three to six weeks, and that would have postponed the toe surgery.  The good news is I can take the boot off for showers, bed and driving.  I just can't drive very long, because it hurts, since it is my right foot.

The packing is going slow.  It's challenging because I am running out of places to put the boxes.  I only have so much floor space, and I can't lift them high enough to pile much higher than five feet. 

Right now, I am heading to my AA meeting, which I sorely need.  It is a spiritual meeting, and I need to focus on my relationship with God more these days.  Without His strength, I would never get through a day. 

Anywho, packing and a meeting, and some grocery shopping is all I have on my agenda.

Hope everyone has a terrific day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 8/18/11 10:51 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all...  glad it's Friday even though I work both jobs tonight.  

Ida, I think I'd be huddled in a corner crying over a jar of peanut butter by now.  (If you know me, you'll understand the peanut butter).  

Like I said, today has me working both jobs.  During the day I have a bunch of phone calls to make.  I need to call the realtor we've been dealing with and let her know that we are NOT going to renew her contract.  Kenny (my ex-husband) called and emailed me letting me know that he would like to try someone else because this one is not being very aggressive.  I agree with him.  I will also call the realtor who sold the Caine's house.  She seems to be much more on the ball and hopefully we can get this done already.    I also need to call my lawyer to let her know that we are NOT renewing with the existing realtor.   

On my lunch break, I am going to run up and make a car payment.  After working the day job, I'll take time to shower and put on real clothes and have dinner (beef ribs are in the crock pot--nom nom). I'm working Dress Barn tonight til 9:30, so I'll come home from there and just head to bed.  
Tomorrow morning, we will head to synagogue.  After services, I told Siehara we could go to Dress Barn so she can look at the clothes and hopefully pick out a few things for either school or find a dress for her Bat Mitzvah (or both).  There is a dress there that has been on the wall and on my radar since the first day I stepped foot in the store.  It was $50.. it is now 1/2 price and I get a 20% discount off that, so it is $20.  I tried it on last night and it is super cute AND A SIZE 8!!!  So, after Siehara looks around, I am going to put whatever we find on layaway so I can pay it off a little at a time and not get to spend happy.  

That's about it for now... better get some work done.  

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 8/19/11 7:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Lisa;

Congratulations on the size 8!!!!!

yes I understand the peanut butter, you told me about peanut butter at a Barix meeting.

peanut butter is not my comfort food, thankfully, we have a ton of it in the house :-)

my comfort food is not in the house right now so I'm not driving out to get any :-)  And the kitchen is all pulled apart so I'm not able to cook to make my comfort food. 

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 8/18/11 11:29 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Ida, I totally understand and agree that the GC should not be allowed to do anymore work or go near your house!! You know if he does it will be halfa**ed and sloppy!! Plus, who knows what else he would do? It seems that there is no limit to his destructiveness!!

Today, I have some errands to run, then I have a sinkful of dishes to attend to!! Laundry and some other stuff....Then who knows?? I kind of like not having any set plans!! That will soon end for me

I will be back to work on 9/1...I am actually looking forward to it (and the paycheck)!! My good friend who moved to Arizona two years ago is now back in NJ and will be working with me in my building!! I am so happy! I really missed her!! She can be a bit flighty, but she also is busy with five kids and a divorce!!

Have a great Friday!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views