Thundering Thursday

Laureen S.
on 8/17/11 11:44 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Nicole and PA friends,

Like others have said, I love the honesty of your posts and your expression of how you struggle and more so, how you are working at finding and applying solutions to those struggles.  This stuff is not for sissies that's for sure!  Sending hugs your way, I so wish we lived closer to one another. . .

Trish, hope you find the cause for your tiredness and get a fix for it so you can find your energy increasing.

Ida, you are in my prayers and positive thoughts list daily for a resolution to all that you and Gene have endured recently.

Kathy hope all turns out well with your appointments. . .

Deb, like you I had not logged my food for some time last year, nor was I exercising and I felt as though I was not eating too many calories, well, jarring reality check when I finally got the courage to get on the scale, not that I didn't already know what was happening by the fit of my clothes, or should I say, the way they did not fit, reality was a regain of 15 lbs., inside of 6 months, that was scary and I went back to logging, back in the gym and the end result is I am now eating properly most days and exercising a minimum of 4x a week.  I log every bite, have the app on my smart phone and even if I have 3 pieces of black liquorice it goes on there, gives me the whole picture when and if I am going in the wrong direction. . .  we are all works in progress, learning what we need to as we become willing to, but honesty has to be a part of the process and I know I was in denial of the truth for a very long time, these tools all help me to change the things I can. . .

I got up this morning, petted and fed the Roxie girl, grabbed a cup of coffee, my clothes and out the door I went, saw quite a lightening storm as I drove south to Delaware, it was still dark out, but as I went of the Commodore Barry bridge, the sky was so wild to look at, one part was absolutely storm black and the other the dawn was breaking, made it to the gym and was about 5 minutes into my workout when the skies opened up and the rain came down so hard that you could hear it pounding the roof and I had headphones on. . .  anyway, by the time I was showered and leaving the gym for work, it was over.  So I'm here at work, after work, meeting my friend Owen for an AA meeting, them home to bed. . .

Have a great day, prayers and good wishes for all.  Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 8/18/11 12:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Nicole and everyone.  Nicole - I love you - plain and simple - Larry and I were sooooo excited to have spent time with you on Sunday - we definitely have to make time for us to get together more frequently.  90 minutes is NOT that far!  I will start looking at dates! :)

I slept in this morning.  Wasn't up real late last night, however, I had a VERY difficult day fighting depression and unfortunately arguing and letting my temper get to Larry and the kids. Forturnately, there was Barix last night, and as hoped, the hugs, words and support improved my mood and helped me end the day on a more positive note.  (Well, that and the Phillies kicking ass against the Diamondbacks...but really it was Barix! )

Today will be a day of cleaning up - Josh's room continues to flood and we have to get everything out of there to get someone in to see what the problem is.  Not sure how we are going to pay for it, but school starts in 2.5 weeks and we need to get him back into his room.  Last night he slept in Emily's room as she slept at a friends' house.  Not sure about tonight.  Molly has her therapist appointment today, we have some issues to work out with her - she has been caught stealing money from people in the house and have to address that.  Then this afternoon I have my first appointment with a new therapist for me.  I am a bit anxious, starting with someone new is always time consuming and with what I am learning about myself over the last few weeks, it is going to be a challenge.  Tonight, Larry and I are having dinner with friends that we had to cancel two weeks ago when I ended up in the hospital.  This is Larry's last day off from his vacation.  Back to work he goes tomorrow night for the weekend.  It will be a challenge for me to not have him home again.  I have needed him around and he was - I guess that will be one of the first things I need to work on with the therapist, how to be with myself when he is at work.

Hope your Thursday dries up soon - my bathing suit and towel are still outside from yesterday's swim.  Forgot to bring it in...oops!  Looks like it will stay out there for the next bout of drying!
enasangels
on 8/18/11 12:24 am - PA
Good Morning Pa,
Nicole thank you for posting all that you learn, You are one of my Hero's.
Trish, hope the pain gets less for you, and you are able to pack unhindered. (trust me I am right there with you on the packing thing.)
Ida not much I can say that hasn't already be said, and yes be careful of legalities, as I would really like to see you be able to nail the GC.
Kathy hope all goes well for you today.
Laureen good for you hitting the gym everyday.
This morning I gave the dog a bath, she in turn kicked over a one gallon concentrated dog shampoo, lets just say the area around my footed tub is supper clean, I am almost afraid to wash the towels I mopped it up with I am worried I will have suds all over the kitchen floor.  The next thing I will be doing is going out to the Verizon picket line to support my brothers and sisters there, taking bottled water and snacks.  Since I am retired, I do not need to walk the line as I have done in the past, and believe I don't miss it at all.
Then more going thru stuff in the house, tossing, donating, and packing piles.  Take some time out to go see if I can get my glasses fixed, and maybe make an appointment for an eye exam for hubby while there.  That's about it for me.  Have a good day, prayers going up for all for issues they are facing.
Hugs, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Lisa H.
on 8/18/11 3:49 am - Whitehall, PA
 Roll call slipped away from me today.   I was up early after not getting a lot of sleep last night, for a change.  I am so worried about money issues right now.  Neil was here and he helped me make a spread sheet and figure out what has to be paid NOW and what can wait.  It isn't pretty, but at least I have it in black and white so I can work on the problem.  He has become a great friend and has really helped me through a lot.  

Worked this morning while Siehara and Julie (neighbor/friend) slept in the living room.  Who knows how late they were up.. I don't know and don't care.  It's summer and they have nowhere to go.  

Today, Siehara cleaned up some more of her camp mess and Neil emptied the litter box while I worked.. see I told you he helps out a lot.. 

He just left, so I am finishing up my work and finding something I can prep for dinner.  I have to shower and head into Dress Barn tonight.  This is the first shift I am working since Siehara has been home.  I keep making a huge deal out of how responsible I know she is and how much I know she can handle being home alone while I work.  I think she is a bit nervous, but she'll be ok.  I have set the rule that there is to be nobody in the house and no computer use while I'm out.  She can text her friends on her phone but cannot tell them she is home alone.  Neil gave her his number in case she just needs a familiar voice and Julie's mom said she can always call them if she needs something.   I'll also have my phone on me, but she knows that is for emergencies only.  

So, tonight's the night.. keep your fingers crossed.  I can't afford to NOT have the 2nd job now.  It is helping a lot.. 

By the way, called my step mom yesterday and she told me she would buy the ingredients for a gnocchi dish she wants to make and if I give her a list of other ingredients, she will see what she can do to help out with that, as well.  I hated to ask her, but I knew I had no choice.  She is also going to come in to help cook when I set the date for that. 

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 8/18/11 3:54 am - Lancaster, PA
I am glad you at least can see everything in black and white that does help.
If you need help with any of the prep I can come up some day and help. Or the day before. I am not chef but I can use scissors and I can follow directions LOL
Lisa H.
on 8/18/11 10:01 pm - Whitehall, PA
Scissors, tape, directions... cleaning fruit and veggies, washing dishes.. any help is appreciated for sure.  When I figure out when and what I will be doing I will let you know.  Thanks!

My tracker

hers 

Sara E.
on 8/18/11 4:00 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
It is a beautiful sunny warm day here in Happy Valley.  I am inside with my leg wrapped and up...Drs orders since having the seroma drained on Monday.  I am excited and scared to go back to work Monday.

sara

pennykid
on 8/18/11 4:42 am - PA
Ok, I'm definitely not here early, but I'm here!  I need to make this board a priority every day, and after reading others' posts, I know I need to get back to journaling again.  Not to mention exercising.

My day started off interesting.  It started thundering shortly after I got up and within a few minutes, it was a full blown thunderstorm.  About 10 minutes into it, the power went off.  Fortunately, my ho****er heater is gas, so I was able to have a nice hot shower.  But the rest of my morning routine was a *****allenging!  lol  I have a wind-up flashlight, so I was dragging that around to find my clothes and try to put on some make-up.  Paul drove me to work since it was still pouring and dropped me at the front door so I wouldn't have to be in the rain.  (Yeah, the princess!  lol)  Well, I couldn't get from the lobby into the main part of the building.  Seems we really have a 'back of the bus' mentality in this company: contractors are not allowed to use the front door.  Apparently some contractors were parking out front, leaving no parking for visitors.  I'm waiting to be told I have to use a different bathroom and cafeteria too.  Nothing like being made to feel sub-human at work.

We're leaving for the beach tonight, so I'll be working from home tomorrow.  I sooo need this break!

Enjoy the rest of your day, my friends!!!
Julia              
Kimchi829
on 8/18/11 6:27 am - PA
Hello all - This is my 1st post in this forum. Have been looking for fellow PA sleevers and I found you. YAY!  Haven't had surgery yet.....fast approaching on 8/29 though.  Getting excited and anxious as well.  Haven't spent a night in a hospital since I had my daughter over 15 years ago. And I am allergic to narcotics and concerned about the pain management aspect post-op.  Nonetheless, still ready to move forward and start this new lifestyle.
Sounds like you all have so much going in your lives.  I know all too well how it can take over your life when you have things daunting your happiness.  Just remember that there is ALWAYS a brighter side and though you may be experiencing "Thundering Thursday" today, it could easily be a "Fantastic Friday" tomorrow. My prayers for you all to have just that....a Fantastic Friday!
Have a wonderful night.
Kim

lauraanne715
on 8/18/11 9:14 pm - Pottstown, PA
Welcome to the best board on OH!!! If you have any questions or need anything feel free to ask!!! Your surgery is right around the corner so wishing you the best of luck!! I'll save ya a seat on the losers bench!! :-)

Can't wait to hear all about your journey!

Take care!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views