2nd Week Radiation & Chemo Update

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 8/18/11 1:13 am
So far the only day I'm really feeling the effects is Thursday after my Wednesday Chemo treatment.  Its sort of a jet lag feeling from the Ativan and Zofran.  I've been told that the sleeve they were going to place in the cervix later on for direct chemo infusion won't be done.  So I will have to go for extended radiation treatments on that area.  Yesterday I was switched from Saline Solution IV to Dextrose to limit the swelling in my legs.  It will be another week and a half before they can see if there has been any shrinkage in the tumor.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

bvohl
on 8/18/11 1:39 am
Nan,

Here is hoping that the treatments are working and you are on your way to recovery!!

((HUGS))

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

pennykid
on 8/18/11 1:51 am - PA

Hoping you get good news, Nan!!!  Let us know if we can do anything to help!!

Julia              
IdaMae D.
on 8/18/11 1:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
We continue to keep you in our prayers.

IdaMae

jastypes
on 8/18/11 2:07 am - Croydon, PA
Prayers continuing, Nan.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Nicole0216
on 8/18/11 3:57 am - Lancaster, PA
Nan you continue to be in my thoughts. If there is anything you need please let us know.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 8/18/11 4:13 am
Thank you all so much for all the offers, I am so grateful to the new man in my life who has been by my side since my surgery in July. 

Nicole0216
on 8/18/11 4:34 am - Lancaster, PA
Now that is news that I missed?? 
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 8/18/11 4:39 am
Yes, I haven't posted anything about him, I don't want to jink it.  We've been seeing each other since I had my surgery in July at Einstein.  He is a recent widower and is recovering from open heart surgery.  Nothing serious yet but we also live close to one another. 

Laureen S.
on 8/18/11 5:05 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Nan,

Wishing you good news and happy that there is someone special to cheer you on, as well as offer their support, but you know you always have a back up in us. . .

Hugs and prayers, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views