OT - the house saga continues

IdaMae D.
on 8/16/11 12:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA
The house saga continues and gets worse. Earlier today we went to my dads to check on him. When we got home from my dads. I thought the living room looked funny but just thought it was my imagination. I went downstairs to start working then went upstairs and found the cat, laying in the bedroom. She looked like she’d been hurt, she was lethargic, scared, and she actually went for me when I touched her. Gene went out into the garage and saw the house had been broken into and burgularized.

When we were on our way to my dad’s the GC called us to say he was at the house and wanted to get in. He had sent an email Monday evening saying he wanted to come over and Gene had told him by email we would not be available today and that he needed to make other arrangements to come over when one or both of us were home to let him into the house otherwise he was not to enter our house without one of us there because he abandoned the job site and had no business being on our property.  
So to make a long story short, I had to take Hider for an emergency vet visit. She’s either been thrown or kicked and is now on pain medication for the next 4 days.. She does not have anything broken, they took blood to check all her levels to make sure all her organs are working properly, the vet did say her sugar was elevated a little but that was due to the trauma she's suffered.  The vet said she has to have been abused by being hit, kicked, or thrown against something to cause her to be in so much pain.
  I can’t believe they had the nerve to actually break into the house.

I told the GC when he started working on the house that if he or one of his crew ever hurt Hider he'd live to regret it when I got done with him.  He must have forgotten that.  One of my old friends said one time that I reminded him of a cute loveable poodle until someone or something I love was hurt or mistreated then I turned into a pit bull that does not let go.  I have some more research to do this GC will get what he deserves if it's the last thing I ever do.  Abusing a defensless kitty is totally uncalled for and unforgiveable.

It's bad enough I feel as if I've been raped by what he's done to Gene and I, then to add insult to injury to hurt an animal, inexcuseable.....
    Update on my dad. My dad looks really good. The hospice nurse said his vitals are amazing. His breathing gets labored when he is experiencing what seems to be anxiety. He’s eating like a horse and sweets are still his favorite. I do not think he’s going to expire as quickly as he’s thinking this is going to happen. He’s not on any morphine yet, the nurse is going to call the PCP to get him a sleeping aide, but my dad never slept as far back as I can remember. The hospice nurse said as far as his vitals and breathing go he’s not ready for the morphine. His lungs are not filling with fluids yet, but he does get short of breath.

Thank you again for allowing me to vent.....You all are the best!

Tha

IdaMae

Lesley G.
on 8/16/11 1:46 pm - Allegan, MI
Ida,

I'm so sorry to hear that this has continued and only gets worse!!! Did you call the police to report the breaking & entering & abuse of the cat? I am like you -- I could NOT be held responsible for my actions if someone hurt one of my kitties!!!

I hope Hider feels better soon. And I really hope you're able to get some resolution soon with this awful, awful GC!

Lesley
IdaMae D.
on 8/16/11 9:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Lesley, yes police report is filed, now to wait for the detectives to follow up with us today.

IdaMae

Lesley G.
on 8/17/11 3:41 am - Allegan, MI
I will keep you and Gene in my prayers. And Hider, too!
IdaMae D.
on 8/17/11 9:09 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Lesley!

IdaMae

bvohl
on 8/16/11 7:32 pm
Ida,

OMG! I cannot believe this is happening!! To hurt an animal is just unbelieveable!!!! I would so call the police to report this GC!! Get a copy of this report to have for your records to use in the lawsuit that is sure to follow! I would SUE him for everything he has!!

Glad to hear that your dad is doing well!

You are welcome to vent anytime you want!

Love and hugs,

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 8/16/11 9:37 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Yes, police called and report filed, thank you so much for all your support through out this - it means so much to me!

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 8/16/11 9:30 pm - Whitehall, PA
 OMFG.. are you kidding me??? Please tell me you filed a police report.  He was trespassing AND did something to Hider.. I don't think so.. 

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 8/16/11 9:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Lisa, Yes police report filed!  I am so thankful for you and your support thought this.  I'm not sure I'd be holding it together at this point if not for you and everyone on here that has reached out with kind, encouraging words though out the last few months.

Ida

IdaMae

enasangels
on 8/16/11 10:02 pm - PA
Oh Ida, I am so sorry this is just getting worse, you could almost write a book that no one would believe.  I hope Hider heals quickly.  It would seem that the GC or whoever did it, they could be charged with animal cruelty.  I sure hope whoever did this gets whats coming to them, can't believe someone would hurt an innocent animal.  I know this won't be settled anytime soon, but prayers and thoughts are continuing to go out to you.  Let the police do their job, and hope you make out good with the investigators.
(((Hugs))) to you and Gene, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views