Weary Wednesday Roll Call

steffihope
on 8/16/11 10:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Sara and the rest of PA - Sara - it IS a slow process.  But given time, you WILL be out of pain and it will all be worth it.  It just might be that Monday is too soon.  Call your boss and let them know that you will see if you can do it, one day at a time honey!  Sometimes, it is one hour at a time!  And, what is a seroma?

I am up at home - slept great in my own bed.  I missed it a bit.  I had a wonderful time away with Larry, but am glad to be home and actually have some energy.  We shall see how long this lasts.  I am leaving in about 15 minutes to head to the psychiatrist for my follow up appointment that was suppose to be last Monday when I was still too sick to get there.  After, I am going to try to get to the pool.  It is high time I get myself back into some sort of formal exercise.  However, next week I will be at the shore for the week, while there will not be any formal exercise in a pool, I am hopeful that being in the ocean and walking the boards will combat the food intake that I have been dealing with.  If not, it's only a week and school starts soon and I will be back to a routine!  (Don't tell anyone, but I am getting that excited feeling I get when it is close to school starting back up again.....)  I love that I get to start over every year. Anyway - tonight I am headed to Barix!  I even gave up Philllies tix for this.  Does that tell you anything about how I am in need of some support?

Happy Wednesday all! :)

pennykid
on 8/16/11 11:52 pm - PA
I think it's a September thing, Steffi!  This time every year, I want to go buy new pencils and notebooks and all kinds of school supplies---even though I haven't been in school in many years!
Julia              
Sara E.
on 8/17/11 6:19 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
It is an accumulation of fluid at an incision sight.  A hematoma is blood, a seroma is serous fluid (plasma & stuff - a clear faint yellow liquid)  My surgeon said she has only had one other female patient that has had this minor complication.  I had about 10 feet of incisions and NO drains.  My surgeon uses a newer technology witha n ultrasonic scapel.  Very techno & cool.
Sara

pennykid
on 8/16/11 11:50 pm - PA
Good morning all! 

Remember me???  lol  I haven't been on the board at all for ages, not even lurking.  I'm going to try to make the effort to come here every day again. 

I'm at work, and thankfully it's quiet so far today.  The last few months here have been insane---tons of work, not enough hours in the day to get it all done sometimes, and no authorization for OT.  (Yeah, we get comp time, but there's often no time to take it.)  I'm planning to work from home this Friday (well, from the beach, actually), which feels almost like a vacation day.  I'm taking 2 days off in Sept too---even though I won't be paid, I need a break.  (I missed only 1 day in 9 months, and that was for an endoscopy.)

Paul seems to be back in a cycle of headaches, as well as a period of insomnia.  And that means that I don't sleep well either.  Hopefully he gets through this soon.  I've been taking melatonin at night, which seems to be helping me sleep better.  Wish I could get him to take it too----I think it would help him.

Anyway, have a great day all!!!
Julia              
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 12:53 am

Hello PA ers

I have not posted in a while on roll call but read every single day. I am like the creeper in Scooby Doo.
Life is good even with its struggles but I am working through many of them day by day. Been decluttering the house one room at a time with help from amazing friends. So much stuff is going out these days. It is freeing but still lots to do yet one step at a time one piece at a time. 

ALso having some New Fridge issues does anything every go easy? Fridge died got new one that didn't fit then had to go back to Lowes pick out yet another fridge now that one is here but not getting cold. Not going to stress it at all we have the warrenty and hell it is only 4 days old.

Often I see request for prayers if I do not reply do not think I am not honoring that request just don't always see the need to reply. SO if you ask for prayers know I added them to my list.
Been playing Aunt this week  3 days to an amazing young woman now today I am taking my niece Aja and her brother Jay. THey want to hang out with me before they return to school. Think we may end up at the Smurf movie tomorrow but I will surprise them. Just wish Uncle Den had time to take off with us. Aja loves Dennis so much she will wait patiently for him to return from New York City. She is 9 years old and has down's syndrome but high functioning. She is truley my heart.

Life is good! 

Laureen S.
on 8/17/11 1:19 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Sara, PA Friends,

Sorry you are going through pain, but as others have said, in the end it will be so worth it.  I'm not jealous, just wish I could afford to have some plastics myself, but with my expenses on my home and other things, I simply cannot see my way to any in the next few years, so acceptance is where I'm at, acceptance that I am a healthier and better me in spite of muffin top, hanging skin belly, chicken skin legs, batwings and turkey neck (lol), what a vision of me I have to accept, heck with clothes on, it's all good and thankfully I have a man in my life who does not care otherwise. . .  but one day, the neck and belly will be the first to go. ..  Feel better!!!

Glad to see some people posting here that haven't been on very often, always good to see familiar friends here, I miss them.  Glad Steffi had a good time away and looking forward to seeing her tonight, as well as others at Barix.

I had an ok day yesterday, as ok as it can be when the family gets smaller and smaller, but it was nice to see the handful of family that was in attendance.  I did not get home until 9:20 p.m. last night, so it was a long two days, traveling from Delaware to home Monday night, packing a bag and heading to NY, by the time I went to bed on Monday it was midnight and I had gotten up at 4:40 in the morning.  Needless to say, I had the best of intentions when my alarm went off this morning at 4:40, but instead I made a potty run and climbed back into bed, as I was just too tired and with the Barix meeting tonight, more sleep was needed.  So I am rested and ready for support group this evening and tomorrow I will get up and get my butt to the gym. 

Hope everyone has a good day, the weather is beautiful and I am going to walk to my AA meeting at lunch today.

Hugs and prayers to all in need, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 8/17/11 2:36 am - Boothwyn, PA
I'm with you on the neck thing, Laureen - everything else I can either hide or I just don't give a darn anymore, but I hate the way I have that saggy skin on my neck - I get what Nan said about looking older yet not feeling older. maybe some day...that Lifestyle Lift thing is looking better all the time!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Sara E.
on 8/17/11 6:22 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
I mortgaged my house for the surgeries.  I had a corset trunkplasty, medial thighplasy and TVT to lift my bladder.  The next week I had emergency surgery for an internal hernia and bleeding ulcer (those 2 were covered my my insurance.  Once I have this loan paid back I want to get my neck, batwings & breast reconstruction done...maybe.
Sara

dit657
on 8/17/11 9:52 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Trust me, Sara, if we weren't planning on moving to Florida next year I'd go ahead and get the work I'd like to have done financed, but right now the last thing I want to take on is more debt or another bill. So I can wait. I never really reached my 'goal' weight, but I know you have and I'm very happy for you for taking the plunge and getting the plastics.

I wouldn't mind getting the 'girls' lifted someday as well - poor things, they were never perky to begin with but at least they had some substance - now they just look like wet tube socks!! Thank god my husband loves me for me, and not specific body parts - LOL!!

Wishing you well with your recovery - hope the pain and discomfort subsides soon and you're back to your old self.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 8/17/11 11:00 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Kathy,

I have another friend in Texas who did the Lifestyle Lift and she looks fabulous, she went to a teaching hospital to have her plastics done, it saved her money, but I think she only had two procedures, the tummy and the LL. ..  I'm fine with having saggy boobs, I am after all 56 and unlike many folks, I had a bossom before I was obese, so what I had was not greatly affected by losing weight, they sag, but mine were never perky to begin with, as at age 13 I was not fat and woke up one day with what my grandmother called melons.  As a teen that affected my posture, as I hated the men who made comments from their trucks about my appearance, oh well, as I said, I can live with saggg boobs, but would pefer not to have saggy neck, jowls and the belly that hangs.  Like you I never made it goal, but close enough that I would do something if I had the funds.  One day it will be possible, until then, I'm certainly feeling better than ever!

Have a great day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views