Mundane Monday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 8/15/11 12:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Nicole & PA:

Nicole - good for you to be taking care of you!

I am just waking up.  Finally got to be last night about 10 pm.  Little things to keep cleaning up.  Gene sent an email to the GC yesterday when he was really pissed.  Must have gotten the guys attention he said he wants to call his insurance company to come look over the damage to the house, and he also wants to send the siding people over to finish the last 6 inches of siding that are not on the house yet because the siding guys ran out of material before they could complete the job correctly.

We told him to go ahead and have the siding folks contact us to make arrangements and to have his insurance company contact us directly to make arrangements.

I sent my boss an email last night that if she didn't see me this morning it was because I was sleeping in.  When I went to get out of bed this morning - OMG - I couldn't sit on the toilet without excruciating pain, I'm up and sitting on a chair now, Gene had to put on my socks and sneakers and tie them for me.  I hope I'm going to be okay to help him when the rain starts up again.

We do have some folks coming out to the house to give us some estimates so we can get this moving again.  There are some things that Gene does not know how to do, can learn how to do with a lot of research, but if we can find a pro that does it at a reasonable price we'll go that route, it will be done much quicker.

I'm thinking about requesting the rest of the week off from work.  With the rains that are forecasted I might not be able to get into work due to the amount of time it takes to clean up as the water pours into the house....

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

IdaMae D.
on 8/15/11 1:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
Nicole;
I understand completely how you are feeling by the need to cut off your sister and your niece.  In the past back in the My Space days I had to cut off my brother, his two ex-wives, my niece, and my brother's current wife all due to family drama and lies, deceit, etc. 

It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, because before my mom died she made me promise her I'd alway take care of my brother.  Terrible thing for a dying mom to place on her daughters head but she wanted to take care of my brother and she knew I was the only one she could trust beside herself for that.  It was not until I met Gene and I went into therapy, finding a good therapist that I really connected with.  Both re-inforced to me that my brother was not my responsibility to take care of.  He is an adult.  His daugher is also not my responsibility, I raised my children my niece is his responsiblity.  That was really tough for me because my brother has done to my neice exactly what my father did to me - it is amazing to see family systems at work.

It is very tough I still wrestle with it.  I am so used to saving my brother all the time, we used to work together and he'd be getting fired every other day for things he really did deserve to be fired for.  My mom would call me and tell me to take care of it.  The general manager and I had a great relationship so I'd go talk to him and always talk him into keeping my brother on the job.  So as you can see my role assigned role by my family system was to allow my brother to be a f-k-up and then me rescue him and make everything better.

Stay strong!!!! 

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views