Finally Friday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 8/11/11 7:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

This has been a very long, stressful, tireing week!

The garage doors are now hung, I feel so much better having real doors vs. tarps covering the doors.  The rest of the work on the house is probably another good 3-6 months of work to bring this completion, expecially if Gene and I have to start doing the work ourselves.  Most of the work Gene can do, however, he has to research and figure out how to do it.  Me with school my helping on this will be hit and miss so if we undertake this it will be mostly Gene bringing it to completion himself. 

Today I'm working from home.  Tomorrow is Gene's 54th Family Reunion.  I feel bad because I cannot cook or bake anything to contribute to this.  Still nothing in the house to bake with and no big pots and pans to enable significant cooking.

After work will rest up for tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 8/11/11 9:08 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

I think you mean to say it has been a very stressful, long couple of months for both you and Gene. With house renovations, school, family stuff, etc you have been on overload for quite some time. I am sure the family will understand if you don't bake or cook anything, especially once they know all the problems you have been having with the GC.

Today I am taking Dee to the playground again. She will be meeting her friend from school there. The weather is so nice, I have to take advantage of it!! While she plays I will be walking and getting my Vitamin D for the day!! Later today I have an appointment with the chiropractor for another adjustment. I also need to stop at Sam's club to pick up more SF hazelnut syrup for my daily coffee. They seem to be the most reasonable, not as good a selection as the restaurant store, but they have the flavor I like the best!!

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Nicole0216
on 8/11/11 9:27 pm - Lancaster, PA
Ida I am so sorry. I cannot even imagine your frustration I hope things will calm down soon
Patricia R.
on 8/11/11 9:31 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Ida and PA,
I echo Beth's comment about it being a stressful set of months with all that you have on your hands.  I feel overwhelmed just moving downstairs and working part time.  

I have been taking care of my landlord's pets downstairs, and have had the chance to scope out my new place.  I am so excited about how nice it is.  The kitchen is huge, and has a dishwasher and built in microwave oven.  Plus, the kitchen and living room are next to each other, with a large opening, which will be great for when my kids are here, because right now my living room and kitchen are far apart from each other, and it is tight for family events.

Today has me heading to my AA meeting, and then some more errands.  Then to the U-Haul place to get more boxes.  I also must sort through my clothes and do some serious purging.  It is way out of control.  

Tonight, I will be watching the Phillies game, and crashing.  I have been getting up extremely early these days for some reason, plus I have to work tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish 

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Decolady
on 8/11/11 9:38 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Good morning, PA!

Ida, I am so sorry you are going through such a stressful time, especially in your home.  When there is stress at work, you can at least leave it there when you go home, there is no escaping it when it is at home!  Hopefully it will be over soon.

Well, I had an eye-opening experience yesterday.  I saw my therapist in the morning, hadn't seen her for about 3 weeks.  I was telling her, as I have been the last 2 months, that the scale hasn't gone down in such a long time, in fact I was up 2 lbs. yesterday!  So scary after just reaching my one year surgiversary.  Is this it?  Am I done with all my weight loss?  I still want to lose another 40 lbs. at least!

So she got me to realize that I HAVE to start journaling my food.  Now I have not done this at all since surgery, thinking that as long as I was losing, I was doing fine.  WRONG.  I have resisted doing this, I just did not want to do it.  So I told myself, look, I am not going to judge myself for what I am eating, I am just going to go on dailyplate.com and write down what I am eating.  I was sure it wasn't too much.  Last fall, when I had a stricture, I couldn't get much food down, and since then I kept thinking I wasn't eating enough.  I was really shocked.  Just the act of writing it down forced me to stop with all the little licks and tastes I was having.  I was eating around 1800 calories a day!!  No wonder I haven't been losing!  I am going to FORCE myself to continue this journaling, trying to do it without judgement.  Perhaps sharing and participating more here will help me too.

Thank you all for being here when we need each other!

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

Peace,
Deb 
Laureen S.
on 8/12/11 12:13 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Deb,

I read an article on Sparkpeople today and here is an excerpt of what it said:

"I feel the most important action one can take when trying to lose weight is to keep a food diary," says SparkPeople dietitian Becky Hand. "Yes, it takes time to write down everything consumed during the day, but this in itself can curtail overeating and be vital for self-assessment and monitoring.  Today, it is easier than ever with computer-based tools such as SparkPeople's free Food Tracker.  A few clicks, and your results are known immediately!"

Studies show that people who keep food journals lose more weight and keep more of that weight off in the long run. The National Weight Control Registry–an ongoing research project tracking more than 3,000 people who’ve lost an average of 66 pounds and kept it off for five years–found that keeping a food journal is the one strategy used by the majority of successful dieters. In fact, in a study of 1,685 dieters conducted by a health insurance company, the best predictor of weight loss throughout the first year was the number of food records kept per week. Another recent study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine found that dieters who tracked their food intake in a "food diary" lost twice as much weight as those who didn't track their food."

Just thought you might find it interesting, if you want to read the whole article than go to Sparkpeople.com and sign up for a FREE membership where you can log your food daily, as well as get incredible information to aid you, recipes that you can tweak to our lifestyle and more, oh and it has a free app so that you can put it on your smart phone if you have one. . .

Good luck, it's never easy to lose weight, but it is doable.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Decolady
on 8/12/11 1:19 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Hi Laureen,

YES, I received that article in my inbox this morning, amazing how the universe provides EXACTLY what we need!  We just have to pay attention!

THANKS!
dit657
on 8/11/11 10:00 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - with everything else on your plate the last thing you should do is berate yourself for not being able to contribute something 'homemade' to the family reunion - I'm sure everyone understands your current situation - offer to contribute paper products or drinks or something. You have enough stress in your life right now. Relax and enjoy the reunion.

Had an interesting little conversation with my boss yesterday - we were discussing a new file system when I remembered I had bought PowerBall tickets for Wednesday's drawing, and I said if I hit I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore and I wouldn't lie and say I was going to continue working if I hit - LOL! She said 'I don't see you being with us much longer anyway, Kathy - I know your whole family is in Florida now' and I said 'yes, I'm getting a bit of pressure to move' so it makes me feel better that she realizes that and it won't be a complete surprise when I finally do tell her I'm leaving. Which may be sooner than I thought since my husband sent me an e-mail yesterday saying the next time his company offers a voluntary lay-off he's going to take it! My friends and family are telling me these are signs that it's time for us to make the move - the house I love in Florida has just been reduced in price by $23,000 as well, so I guess it's time to really put this plan in motion. I'm nervous and scared but also excited.

That's it for me...work today - friends tomorrow - may do a bit of retail therapy Sunday with some gift cards I recently received.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lauraanne715
on 8/11/11 10:10 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good Morning PA!!

Ida--I can not even imagine the stress you and Gene are going through right now. I just hope that it is all resolved for you soon and you can get some peace!

As for me today just heading over to the ob/gyn for a belly check and a pap smear to monitor my cervical dysplasia that was  discovered during the pregnancy. I already had two biopsy of it and while it is high grade cervical dysplasia it is NOT cancer and the baby is not in any danger...the DR just keeps monitoring. After the lil Sweet Pea is delivered..I will have to go in for a procedure to "shave" away the infected portion of the cervix. Then I will need to be vigiliant about monitoring it through reg check ups and paps etc....but the DR said at this point there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to get pregnant again and be able to carry the baby to term so that is a comfort!!

Then I am heading home and will putter around the house till hubby gets home with his 15 year old daughter (she spends weekends with us) and then I think we are heading over to the Spring Valley Y to hit the pool this afternoon.  Which should be relaxing :-)

Enjoy this gorgeous day everyone!!!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Laureen S.
on 8/12/11 12:08 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Ida, PA Posters,

Ida, I feel so sorry for all that you and Gene have been through and I hope that you and Gene can find moments to destress from this soon!!!  As for the reunion, hey you may not be able to cook, but you might, if you're able to, just make a nice summer fruit salad, just a thought...

Kathy, I'd say that the way things are stacking up, it's fate's way of telling you to move in the direction your heart desires. . .

Trish, so happy that you are looking forward to moving into your new apartment and that it appears to have everything to make yours and Utley's life going forward more enjoyable!

Laura, hope that all goes well with you, I'm sure you are looking forward to holding that baby in your arms soon. . .

What a beautiful day and here I sit at work, but that is ok cause I'm visiting with you, my friends, and what work I already had, is done and what will come I'll be ready for.  Good news is I get out of here at 3:30 today and I'm thinking of taking Roxie to the big dog park out in Medford, she was just too cute last night when I arrived home, she greeted me as if I'd been gone for days and after I fed her, I asked if she wanted to go for a walk, OMG, she got so excited and after her initial dancing around to say 'oh do I ever' she sat right up for me to put her gentle leader collar on and we talk a nice walk, it was a little warm, so it was not a long walk, but we came across other dogs and I got her to behave appropiately, as I have been working hard with her, so she sits on command and does not get all crazed because she wants to rush off and play with them, or on rare occasions wants to get at them, the latter is when the other dog is extremely excited and wants to get at her, anyway, then we came across a cat and tha was the real challenge with her, but I took control and got her to mind me, so she is really becoming a dog that I can walk and take anywhere and that has always been my goal.  This has been a work in progress, mainly because I have a nice backyard and don't have to walk her, but for her sake and mine it is better that I do at least once a day, but with the very hot weather we've had, I have not done it much in recent weeks, she does not tolerate the heat well.  Anyway, that is my plan for after work, then I will likely relax as I am really tired from all my early mornings at the gym this week.  Plans for the weekend include Tony and going shopping with my friend Owen to help him shop for a gift for his 30th wedding anniversary. 

Wishing you all the best possible day and peace and strength to face lifes more challenging aspects!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views