Combating Regain - Encouraging One Another

Laureen S.
on 8/12/11 12:53 am, edited 8/12/11 3:29 am - Maple Shade, NJ
TGIF!!! And a beautiful one too!!! So as you look backwards on this week, how do you feel? Were there any realizations, goals achieved, low points, feelings of frustration and did you relate well to your emotions without needing to resort to food to get through them?

As we go through life there are many experiences we have had that create unconscious behaviors and for me much of that has been about using outside things to fill that deep void within, food was my primary resource, but it was never just food, but I certainly could not shop without having money, but I could justify spending money to eat, so you get where I’m coming from with this line of thought.

So on a daily basis my desire is to try and live life in the manner it is meant, with focus on the moment I am in, for by doing that I stop the unconscious behaviors. I start out each day with a plan of sorts, but some days my plan goes awry and what I do to handle those instances has to be done in consciousness or I am doomed to continue the manner of living that I have done for most of my adult life. That is why change is so difficult, but it is also not impossible, it just involves being and staying conscious.

Some of what I choose to celebrate this week is that I have spent 303 minutes in conscious physical activity, via the gym and walking my dog and most days my caloric intake was at the 1200 range, drinking all the fluids I needed, taking my vitamins and so while there was one day I gave myself permission to eat some things I do not eat regularly, I did so with a conscious decision, taking responsibility for those decisions and logging every bite I took in. So for this week, thus far, I am feeling like the battle is going my way.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 3:22 am - Eastern, PA
The "p-word" is big for me too.

I always have a plan. It doesn't always work out, but most of the time it does.

I am a creature of habit.

Things I do to help myself everyday:

1. Put out my complete by my bed, so putting it on is one of the first things I do in the morning. Who's not going to work out, once the clothes are already on?

2. Making sure my lunch is ready. I used to pre-pack in the evening, but got away from that. Maybe I should start again.

3. Ask myself if I REALLY want something before I eat it.

These are just a few things that are working well for me at the moment!
Laureen S.
on 8/12/11 3:40 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Norm,

I do all that you mentioned, but since I go to work right from the gym and because I've gotten to the gym and realized that I forgot something I needed and, of course, it's always something I really need, I've started putting the clothes I will wear to work in the car the night before, because home is an hour away from where I go to the gym most days (lol), I do my food prep usually on Sunday's, portion sizing for meals during the week and on Monday's I leave with a cooler of food to have on hand for the workweek, including WL friendly snacks, this leaves little to chance. 

and yes, it works smoothly at this point, though I do like the days I can stay in bed until at least 6 a.m. ;)

L

As it has been said, 'those who fail to plan, plan to fail. . .'

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views