Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 8/10/11 9:53 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA;

Yesterday I ended up leaving work @ 10am.  This house was becoming too overwhelming for Gene so I came home to help him and to ground him.  I'll be working from home the remainder of the week.

Nothing on my agenda today except making phone calls and working in between those phone calls.  I do have to work since I have the access to all computer applications from home....

I'm getting ready to turn off the a/c and open all the windows, I prefer the windows open to the a/c unless it's' as hot as its' been these past few weeks.....

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 8/10/11 10:05 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

YEAH for the nicer, cooler, less humid weather!!! I am also going to turn off the AC very soon! I hope in between work you can get the house stuff figured out and get some rest and relaxation....

Today, I plan to take Dee to the playground. It is such a nice day and I have to take advantage of it!! After we get done at the playground I need to get some film developed and do some food shopping. Must pick up cat food. Having two cats now we are going through food like crazy! Reba eats VERY well!! She is not picky when it comes to food! I want to pick up some canned food for her as treats every couple of days. The dr suggested to give her more hard food instead of the canned food. She is such a good girl I want to spoil her!! I guess that is the mommy in me! I am also going to try to do some laundry as well!

Have a great day and enjoy the beautiful weather!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 8/10/11 10:10 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning ladies - it is a beautiful one out there today! Get out and enjoy if at all possible. I think I'll take my phone outside at lunch and call my kid - haven't talked to her in about a week and it'll be good to get out in fresh air.

I got out for a while last night - went to my nephew's softball game (he's 38 and I thought I was done with this years ago, but it still means a lot to him for me to go) - they won - they're in the playoffs so they're very excited - I think they have one more game to go and if they win they'll win the championship - yes, some guys never truly grow up! but it was nice getting out - sat with his girlfriend and we chatted while we watched.

Tonight I have a doctor's appointment to get my BP meds prescription refilled - I'm on a very small dose. Then maybe we'll take a ride in the convertible -going to be a lovely evening.

Not much else going on for me - have a great day everyone!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 8/10/11 10:34 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida and PA Peeps,
I love the nicer weather, but I keep the AC on because I am in a second floor apartment, and I have terrible allergies. 

Sorry you are still struggling with the remodeling.  Hope you see a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Today, I am hitting my meeting, and then running some errands.  I have to pick up my dog's distemper paperwork from the vet's office.  Then, I have to get my right foot x-rayed for my next toe surgery.  After that, I am coming home with a friend who is going to help me pack some more stuff for my move downstairs. 

Tonight, I will be organizing some stuff, and then getting to bed early.  I am finding I like being able to go to bed early when I can.  I am getting old.  LOL

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 8/10/11 11:09 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Ida, PA Posters,

Sorry that you and Gene have so much going on within what was supposed to something you were hoping to enjoy in a different manner.  Prayers that things come together and therefore you two can enjoy and get back to normal living, which can be stressful enough without what you are going through.

Well it is the kind of day that makes me wish I could play hookey, however, one girl is on vacation until next Tuesday and that makes taking a mental health day impossible, but I'm sure there will be other days suited to such a day off.  So the alarm went off and I wanted to stay in bed, in spite of getting to bed at 9:15 last night, but up I got and out the door by  5:20 this morning, as I forgot to put my clothing in the car and had to first figure out what I was taking with me, anyway, made it to the gym, though I had to detour due to an accident on 295 near where I normally head into Delaware, shaved off a little of my workout time, but I still managed to get in 45 minutes and that is better than nothing at all, I am at work now and afterwards it's home, feed the Roxie girl, maybe take her for a nice walk and then head out to an AA meeting with my friend Owen, after which it will be bedtime for the last of my early mornings of this week.

Wishing you all a good day, peace and strength to any and all of you facing life challenging situations.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 8/10/11 11:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Ida! - what a nightmare this reno project has turned into for you.  Here's to hoping it ends soon.

I am up and have NOTHING on the agenda for today.  We were suppose to be having our last day in Knoebel's with the kids - and since that got cancelled, I got nothin!  I told Larry last night that I would like to treat myself to a manicure if I finish the bills.  Lookie here, Thikning about doing the right thing.  Of course, I have already spent an hour on the computer and NOT doing the bills...some things will never change! :)  Hearing about the weather - I may kick Larry and the kids out to do some bike riding today.  we shall see.

Happy Thursday y'all!
IdaMae D.
on 8/11/11 1:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Steffi;
It is wonderful to see you posting!!!!!!  I've missed you!!!!!!!!  I do understand you need to isolate  yourself, I also go through that, and am very fortunate that I have Gene here to recognize symptoms and to say to me - do you think you need to go back to therapy?  At which point is a kick in my ass to figure out what the hell is going on with me. 

If only this reno project could end soon.  We have months of work yet to complete.  We have some things coming together so I'm starting to feel a litte bit better about this.  I know it will get done, don't know when but it will be done eventually.  Obviously not the timeline I was planning on, but life is a rollercoaster otherwise it becomes stale :-)

If you ever need someone to talk to you are more than welcome to stop by the constructoin site when the little red honda is parked in the driveway, that means I'm home :-)  I'm a great listener if you ever need one.....

Hugs,
Ida

IdaMae

lauraanne715
on 8/11/11 2:34 am - Pottstown, PA
Hello PA!!

Posting a bit late today...had a bit of a late start due to not sleeping very well last night. Today had me heading over to the town health clinic to pick up the free iodine tablet kit. Just a good thing to have in the house since we live so close to the Limerick Nuclear Plant...then went to Walmart to pick up some items...later on totoday will continue to work on making the nursery actually look less like a chaos scene and more like a place for the baby..lol

Not too much else going on..just enjoying having all the windows open and feeling the breeze!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Lisa H.
on 8/11/11 3:02 am - Whitehall, PA
 I could have sworn I posted roll call earlier.. apparently not. 

I've been in a weird mood today.. things are going weird around here, but it's all good.  

They are tearing up the sidewalks and curbs in my complex so I keep hearing digging and banging outside and of course the cats need to watch every move to be sure that no mistakes are made.  LOL.. 

I have been working since 7 and am done at 3:30 per the usual.   I need to run to Walgreen's at some point and get my ADHD meds filled.  It is a beautiful day and I would like to go over to the pool, but am thinking it may actually be almost too cool for that??? I'll see what it's like when I go outside.  I am also going to the gym tonight.  I have been slacking off or too busy to go lately and I definitely feel it.  I will go to Pilates only.  I need the good stretch and don't want to overdo it by doing too much the first day back.  

Other than that, nothing going on.  I hope to get to bed pretty early tonight.  

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views