Sunny Saturday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 8/5/11 9:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

I'm up and waiting for my son-in-law's cousin to arrive to do the tile floor in the basement.  I'm really excited that this is going to be done this weekend.  Then we have to get our son-in-law to come over with his power tools so we can get the rest of the room together.   I'm getting excited to be almost there in having one of my rooms completed.  This was not a part of our contract with the GC so we had planned to do this on our own but had planned that this would be the last thing to get done, now it appears it will be the first.

Class last night was tough, none of the class was engaged nor very talkative.  Driving home was rough, my eyes just wanted to close on the turnpike.  Gene talked to me the whole drive home to make sure I stayed awake.

Other than being here for the tiling to be done, I have some work stuff to clean up, some reading to do, and a short paper to write.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

lauraanne715
on 8/5/11 9:58 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good Morning PA!!

Ida--Oh that really stinks that your professor keeps you so late on Fridays! I hope he realizes that itis a mistake and lets your class out earlier sometimes!!! But good luck with the tiling! Yay that is a big positive for your house!! You should post pics when itis completed!! :-)

As for me, today it is our errand day. Food shopping, pet store, etc. We want to get everything done today because tomorrow we are taking the Hubby's 15 year old to the Great Adventure Safari. We thought it would be fun and since I can't do a whole day of walking through an amusement park right now this seem liked a nice alternative. We are even going to pack a picnic lunch and go have a nice picnic afterwards..but that means all our running around needs to be done today, So trying to get an early start here!!

Today I am also committing a few hours to my ACT 48 course and taking some time for a bit of writing. That is about it for me today!

Hope everyone has a terrific day!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Patricia R.
on 8/5/11 10:21 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida and PA,
I was sick yesterday and did not post.  I worked until 2:30, and came home and crashed.

Today I am not sure if I am working.  My boss will call me in about an hour to let me know.  If I go into work, I will crash afterward, and watch the Phillies this afternoon.  There is an evening AA meeting I will make after the game.  If I don't work, I will make two meetings today.  One OA and one AA.  I am hoping I don't have to work. 

Glad to hear you are getting some work completed on your house, Ida.  That is great.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 8/5/11 11:16 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!!

Yesterday spent the day cleaning and straightening. The house looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself (and I do!). My cousin is coming over in a bit for a visit so we can catch up on the last 30 years or so. The last time she saw me I was a teenager, I think. I always liked her. The rest of the day is kind of up in the air. I am going to try to get some time with Dee to do some educational things. Now that summer school is done,now it is Mommy school!! As an educator I know how important it is to keep up with learning so she doesn't slide or regress too much!! My back hurts like hell, so I think I will be spending some time with the moist heating pad today....

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

kreavis1979
on 8/6/11 12:26 am - PA
Hi Everybody,

Thought I'd check in today, I have been reading the boards everyday and keeping up with all the news, but wanted to post today. I am just about 28 weeks along now and I am starting to get really tired. I guess it doesn't help that my job has gotten much more demanding and I am on my feet just about all day long. We ha to make some cutbacks in the budget so there are less people to do more work. So, by the time I get home, try to make dinner for all 9 of us and take care of some other things I am exhausted. Yet I still feel like I have to give myself permission to sit around a bit on the weekend. Anyway, I know that wasn't very encouraging but that's where I'm at.

Today, I already cleaned for about an hour and I am taking a break. There is a pile of laundry calling my name.
Don't get me wrong, I really do LOVE being pregnant, just trying to juggle everything else. Hoping to get Katelyn's room done within the next couple of weeks. It's kind of weird pre-op I weighed almost 300lbs, was down to about 165 when I got pregnant and now at 190 can't even imagine how I lived at 300, amazing journey we are on.
Have a great day everyone!!!!
Katie
Lisa H.
on 8/6/11 12:53 am - Whitehall, PA
 Morning everyone.. Got home this morning after spending a fun night out with Tanya and meeting a few of her other friends.  I slept over there and left this morning when she and her family left to go to the beach.  I would have liked to go, but I don't want to spend the extra money and we would have had to take 2 cars if I went b/c there was no room for anybody else in her van.  

Today has me relaxing this afternoon and at some point going out to Payless and some other inexpensive places to see if I can find comfy flats for work.  They sell shoes there, but I haven't seen anything I like enough to buy even with my discount.  Tonight I am going to a get together at a friend's house.   I have to remember to not stay TOO late b/c I have to work tomorrow.  I am on the schedule for 1:30-6:30, but they told me to be on call for 10:30 b/c the girl scheduled in the morning isn't always reliable on a Sunday.. nice, huh?  But, it's ok.. any extra hours I can get in are fine with me.  

Tomorrow night after work, I have choir rehearsal so it will be a long day. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views