Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 8/3/11 8:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning PA!

Today I'm off to work till 4, then meeting my son-in-laws cousin tonight so he can give us a price to get some of the tileing in the house done over the weekend.  Since the GC has abandoned the job we need to get something going and we both need to see something happening toward completion.  This is getting too stressful for both Gene and I.

Saw my PCP yesterday, all my blood work is amazing!!!!!!!  I believe the word he used was PERFECT.  We discussed what is going on at the house, and some things going on with me, in his opinion I'm carrying way to much stress and Gene and I need to de-stress.  So we are going to work on that.

That is it for my boring day...have a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 8/3/11 9:06 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida and PA,
Congrats on your blood work.  That is awesome.  Sorry to hear you are still struggling with the General Contractor.  My sister hired the neighbor who lives behind her to work on her second bathroom over a year ago, and he is still not done the job.  She is too passive and does not set limits. 

I am heading out the door in a few minutes to get to work for the morning.  Then, this afternoon, I will crash and take a nap.  The Phillies are in San Francisco tonight.  I would like to see it.  Since I have to go to work in the morning, I need to get some sleep before the game.

Have a good day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 8/4/11 9:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Trish.....I am afraid that we are going to end up in court with this GC, I'm documenting everything both in writing and photos that is substandard and/or unfinished.....It aggrivates me that he's screwing with our lives and our house....

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 8/3/11 9:07 pm - Easton, PA
YAY for perfect blood work and progress at the house! I am sorry that the GC abandoned you, maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

I too have a boring day, wor****il 3:30 - 4ish then headed home to hang with Mia, pack our stuff for the weekend (going up to visit my Grandfather), make the foods I am bringing along and get us both to bed at a decent hour! It's been getting later and later this week and we are both overtired, of course Miss Mia gets to sleep in (not that she EVER will) and 2 naps!
IdaMae D.
on 8/4/11 8:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
Oh Liz;
I wi**** were a blessing in disguise.  The GC has almost all the money for this project, if we have to finish this on our own or try to hire another contractor I'm afraid there is no more money to do so.  The GC has monies however, has not ordered supplies that were supposed to be ordered with those monies such as the hardwood flooring, the deck materials, the wood framing for the windows/doors,, various doors, dry wall, etc. 

This has been a learning lesson for us, and a very expensive learning lesson. 

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 8/3/11 9:47 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all...  I can't believe the crap you are going through with this GC, Ida.  I'd totally sue him for breach of contract.  

Congrats on your blood work!! Always nice to get good news, especially when other things in your life are going wrong.  

Today has me working only my main job!  I like Dress Barn, but it is definitely something I have to get used to.  I worked 13 1/2 hours Tuesday and Wednesday between the two jobs.  Last night when I got home I had some weird cramp in my left leg.  I took Advil (and Pepcid-don't worry) at some point in the middle of the night trying to get it to relax but it is still hurting.  I'm going to try really hard to stretch it out today.  It's pretty bad.  I guess this is what happens when you don't go to the gym in awhile and think you can just be on your feet for 5.5 hours at night.. not sure.  

Tonight, I have every intention to get to the gym at least for pilates.  That should help it.  

Other than that, I have to do some cleaning which will include the litter box.  I want to do a good vaccuuming of the apartment, too.  I am going to borrow a carpet shampooer at some point over the next few days and do a serious cleaning.  These carpets are getting nasty after living here for over 2 years and it's time.  My neighbor has one and is going to bring it home from his office for me to use.  I'll just have to get the cleaning solution.  

Hope everyone has a good day.  It looks like it is going to be a wet one out there so be careful on the roads. 

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 8/4/11 8:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yes Lisa, at this point I am beginning to believe that the only resolution for this will probably end us in court in a lawsuit with this guy.  The worst part is his wife and Gene have been friends for 20 years so this will also be the end of a friendship.

IdaMae

dit657
on 8/3/11 9:47 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Ida, awesome on the bloodwork - hopefully that helped brighten your days a bit. I'm really sorry to hear your GC walked off the job, but like Liz said, maybe it's a blessing. Hopefully you can find a decent tile guy (there has to be GOOD people out there willing to work and do a good job). It would be nice if you and Gene could just hop on the bike and take a weekend away from it all.

I'm at work - got here early and it's still very quiet which is very nice. People will be filtering in soon enough.

Not much going on with me right now - kind of in a funk for some reason. I didn't exercise last night - my knees were saying 'give me a break' so it'll be back on the bike tonight.

Be careful out there in the rain today...glad we're having some, tho - we do need it.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 8/4/11 8:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Kathy;
At this point not a blessing the GC has almost all the monies for this project, if we have to go elsewhere there is no money to do so, so the house will sit unfinished.  As Lisa said sue his ass, I do believe it might end up there, which will also end a 20+ year friendship between Gene and the GC's wife.

This entire situation sucks....

Can't go riding for a weekend the house is not secure enough to leave it for any significant amount of time, there are still doors that the GC has not ordered, so the security of the house is extremely compromised as well.

IdaMae

dit657
on 8/4/11 9:30 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I'm so sorry to hear all that, Ida - it's a shame when someone can't take pride in their work and work ethics. If he was in over his head he should have come to you sooner to try and work things out. Sadly that doesn't appear to be the case.

Well, maybe you can have a date night - dinner and a movie - something to let you get your mind off things for a bit.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views