Finally Friday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 7/28/11 8:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

First I want to start off by thanking you all for giving me a place to vent my frustration with this renovation we are going through.  Other than venting to Gene this is the only place I have because the GC and his wife are friends on Facebook and Facebook I really don't want to put this out there as publicaly as FB happens to be.  I feel safe with you all and do not on FB.

Today is Friday.  I am working from home.  I have a gastro appt this morning, then I'm supposed to be working with the GC to make sure all the tile is assigned to the right areas/rooms in the house.  Last night just knowing I have to work with him today I became sick.  The stress of just the thought of having to deal with him has really taken a toll on me both physically and mentally.  It all started from a message the GC left.  He seems to get by in his business by being a bully to others so he can do as he wishes instead of him realizing that we've hired him and in essence he works for us, not the other way around. After I listened to the message my pouch went into knots, I felt sick like I was egoing to become violently ill, and had to lay down.  I was find prior to listening to this message so I know it was not something I ate, and I didn't eat anything that was not a normal for me.  I no longer feel safe in my own home when the GC is around.  I told Gene this is becoming rediculous that I'm getting physically sick from the stress of this person.  Gene is going to have a talk with him this morning I believe while I'm at the doctors. 

After the doctor I have to go have blood work for my PCP appt. this coming Wednesday. 

Hope everyone has a great day...stay hydrated and cool....

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 7/28/11 9:14 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Hey Ida.. happy Friday.. at least I hope it's happier for you.  I hope Gene can set the GC straight.  You should not be afraid to be in your own home.  That is supposed to be your safe place.  

So I would feel safe in saying that yesterday was my first REAL day at Dress Barn.  The manager who hired me was there and it was just the two of us for the evening.  I got the chance to see how to handle the floor, as well as the cash register.  It was a tiring night, but it went really fast so that was good.  I rung up customers, put merchandise away, helped pick out outfits, etc.  We are understaffed (surprise surprise), but hopefully there are more people on the schedule for weekends and when the busy holiday time comes.  I can say I definitely enjoyed working with people and everyone I encountered last night was really nice and patient with me.  I am not a fool to believe that everyone will be like that, but for now, I'll take it! 

I am up working the FT job til 3:30 per the usual.  I really don't have plans for tonight, yet.  I did leave a message for the local engineer/counselor guy letting him know I was available tonight.  So, maybe/hopefully I'll have a date with him.  

Other than that, I want to do some cleaning around the apartment.  It's not bad, but I know I've been kind of ignoring it. 

Hope everyone has a great day.  It looks like it's going to be kinda rainy so try to keep your mood brighter than the sky!

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 7/28/11 9:36 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning! Today is already starting off to be a crap-tastic day. Feels more like amonday then a friday. Just lots of little issues that need to get resolved. Then my installers were loading a glass directory to get put in today and it shattered... just our luck! Luckily it was going to sit in storage for a week while the area was finished, but still - aggrevating!

Working until 3:30 then headed home to pick up my Grandmother and Mia and take my Grandmother to go get her car. Then going to her house for a bit, stopping to pick up my groceries and home to BED!
jojobear98
on 7/28/11 10:33 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Good Morning!

I usually don't care that it's friday since I work on weekends. However, I have this weekend off! So Yay!

Today will be errands and a few chores. Then date night with my husband.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

dit657
on 7/28/11 10:33 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Ida, definitely time for Gene to sit this GC down and straighten him out - and you're absolutey right - he works FOR you - not the other way around. Not good that its so upsetting to you that you're becoming physically ill over it. Vent here anytime.

Lisa, glad the PT job is working out - I've often thought about doing something like that just to be around new people, but not sure this tired old body could take a PT job in addition to my FT one. If I didn't have the 2-2 1/2 hour commute each day added on to it I might be able to pull it off. Enjoy!

Glad it's Friday - had a lovely e-mail when I got in this morning to pick out my 20th anniversary gift for work - nice!! I found a beautiful blue topaz and diamond ring in white gold that I'm getting. My actual anniversary date is September 22, and on that date I will also get my FIFTH WEEK OF VACATION!! Trust me, I'm more excited about that than the ring - LOL!!

The weekend should be fairly quiet - have to run by the consignment shop where I took some purses and wallets and pick up a check tonight - 3 of the 6 items I took have sold, so that's nice. My stuff has one more week there before I pick it up - if I don't she donates it to that charity that helps women on welfare get back into the work force by providing them with newer clothing and accessories, so I may just donate the items that don't sell and write it off on my taxes.

Getting together with neighbors tomorrow night for dominoes - and other than that it'll be a quiet weekend.

Ida, please take care of yourself.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Cherish F.
on 7/29/11 1:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Kathy - Just curious, which consignment shop are you using?
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

dit657
on 7/29/11 1:19 am - Boothwyn, PA
Sophisticated Ladies in Chadds Ford. It's a nice little shop - this is the first time I ever consigned anything and she was pretty flexible - you can take stuff in anytime. She holds it for 60 days - after 45 days it gets discounted - after 60 days you have to pick up what doesn't sell or she donates it. And you can pick up your money on the last Friday of the month.

Patricia R.
on 7/28/11 10:34 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Ida,
I am so sorry you are sick because of this renovation issue.  I wish I knew something to he.  It is times like this, I am glad I rent, so I don't have to deal with contractors.  My son-in-law is a constractor and he has done extensive work on my ex's house. He has an eye for detail and does the job quickly and very well done.  When he was not available, due to geography, my ex hired an old childhood friend who does quality work, just the way it is ordered.  He remodeled the house we lived in when we were married.  Again, quality work done on time.

I am sick today.  Went to the Phillies game last night and started feeling nauseous.  You know I have to be really sick to leave a Phillies game.  I have been constipated since Sunday, and I think the nausea is just part of it.

I would appreciate any and all prayers for this.  I have taken Miralax, and it is not really helping. 

I hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 7/29/11 1:23 am - Boothwyn, PA

Trish, I feel your pain - I have been struggling on and off with the constipation issue for the past few months - it's miserable. !! and the stuff to help you go really upsets my pouch, too.

Have you tried the '****tail' of Philips MoM and prune juice? Equal parts - heat in the microwave. That is usually the dam breaker for me, and it worked for my nephew's girlfriend after her surgery.

Sending prayers your way...hope you have some relief soon.

Kathy

enasangels
on 7/29/11 12:05 am - PA
Good Morning Pa,
Ida, I can't imagine having a house all torn up, and not feeling good about the person who is doing the work.  I hope Gene is able to get with this GC and straighten him out, having him in your home is to stressful.
Lisa I am so glad your are enjoying the job that you worked so hard to get.
Trish I hope you get relief soon.  I can relate, as strange as it sounds Greek yogurt does it to me.  I have been trying to increase my dairy intake (I can only tolerate some things), so I am right there with you.
Today is cleaning out the car, doing laundry,packing the grand kids clothes for our 2 week trip to Tn.  I am sure a shopping trip to WalMart will be in the making.  The tax on all items down there is almost 10%, between local and state tax in stores.  I shop here for what I can and only buy what in necessary while I am there.  Saving that 4% adds up.
Oldest grand daughter is home with me today from summer camp, with rocky stomach.  (not sure if this is because she is thinking about being without Mom,Dad,and youngest sister for two weeks or not).
It's going to be hot and nasty today, stay cool and hydrated.
Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views