Swede's Surgiversary

swedeville1
on 7/28/11 11:18 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Holy crap, this day just snuck right up on me.  I guess that's a good thing because it means that i have been busy living life.  Really, a year all ready?????  I cant believe it.  as I sit back and reflect on how my life has changed I'm not sure I can put it into words.  I honestly have a hard time remembering what life was like a year ago, but I do know that it was a lot harder and a lot unhappier.  I know most of you already understand this because you have gone through it just as I have.

I really feel like I have been set free from a prison of fat and a prison of self loathing.  I hated how I felt and looked.  there were times when I would talk to my fat-self in the mirror and tell myself to get it together, and quit shoving food down your throat.  It wasn't a very fun time in my life.

Then I made the decision to see if I could get this surgery done.  I had to do something!  I started the process and seven months later I was arriving at the hospital with my wife waiting for them to call me back to pre-op.  Surgery went fine (I thought) and I was home after a couple of days.  Then a week after my surgery all hell broke loose.  I'm sure most of you remember the complications I had after my surgery but if you are reading about them for the first time I recommend you check out my profile for all the sorted details.  I really had doubts that I had made the right decision.  My faith was shaken!!!!!!!
Then slowly but surely I got stronger and healthier.  the weight started melting off and I eventually began to exercise and reshaped my body into something I am pretty proud of.  (Pics in my profile).  I honestly don't recognize myself sometimes, and trust me, that's a good thing!!!  I love who I have become and how I feel physically.  Are things perfect? You all know better than that!  I still struggle to make the right food choices!  I eat the wrong things and drink the wrong things sometimes.  I still have to motivate myself to exercise, its not one of those second nature things for me.  I still worry that someday I will be that fat guy again and it scares me!  But, I know that I can do the right thing and I know that I have the support from all of you beautiful people here.  You have all been such an inspiration for me and have supported me in way you may not even realize.  For that, I thank you!!!!!

I hope the upcoming year follows the trend I have set for this year.  I am so thankful I did this!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

kevin D.
on 7/28/11 11:33 pm - Highlands Ranch, CO
CONGRATULATIONS!! You should be extremely proud of yourself, especially for your commitment to be physically fit and not just "lose weight". I'd wish you good luck for the next year...but I don't think you'll need luck...you got this!!!

mellasmomma0709
on 7/29/11 12:33 am - IL
Congrats and Happy One year-You have definatly rocked this and your pretty darn inspiring-Keep up your awesome work and keep living this wonderful new life!!!!
Loving this new life, just trying to figure it all out and take it all in day by day!!!
IdaMae D.
on 7/29/11 12:36 am - Philadelphia, PA

Congratulations on your first of many years of successing!!!

Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 7/29/11 12:44 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Swede,

Your story is one of great inspiration, you certainly had a rocky start on your journey and I admire all that you have accomplished in the short time of one year, which makes me think of how freeing it is for us to climb out of our "fat suits" and into the joy of living life fully engaged!

Congratulations on your surgiversary, may this dream realized be one you build upon for a lifetime of realizations. . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

gmom62
on 7/29/11 12:49 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Swede,

My day-after-my-surgery buddy!  Congrats to you my friend!!   Keep on rocking that tool!!   Your doing a wonderful job.  I just want to thank you too for the support you provide me as well as others.  Your a good man!!

Cyd

bvohl
on 7/29/11 1:19 am
CONGRATULATIONS on your surgiversary!!

You are truly an inspiration! You have really worked your tool and even though you had a rough start you pushed through it and have really done a fabulous job!!

You should be truly proud of all of your accomplishments!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Cherish F.
on 7/29/11 1:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
Swede -
Congratulations on the one year mark!! You are doing amazing, and you are a constant inspiration for me on the excersize front.
Keep on keeping on man!!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

lynnc99
on 7/29/11 4:59 am
Congratulations on your first year and your amazing progress!!!

The changes are so hard to verbalize, I know....but what an inspiration and positive presence you are around here!
dit657
on 7/29/11 5:34 am - Boothwyn, PA
I know you had a rocky start, but damn you really pulled it off and went all out once you were healed up and have really become a inspiration to all of us out here! I love your motivation and your encouragement.

Life is never perfect - nobody said it would be and we all still struggle with that old fat person living somewhere deep inside us - we just have to push him/her down with positive thoughts and not food!! LOL!!

Congratulations - you've done an awesome job!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views