Dr. Marymor Barix

ladychief231
on 7/25/11 9:50 am - Douglassville, PA
Good Evening PA,

My partner Marianne has a consultation scheduled with Dr. Marymor for August 18th. I'm interested in hearing from others who have had him as their surgeon. I'd be interested in hearing about his skill, bedside manner, pre-surg requirements etc.

Thanks in advance.
Teresa
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/25/11 12:28 pm
He's Aces all around.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Arlene E.
on 7/25/11 12:37 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Dr. Marymor is the best!   You will never find a more competent, caring Doctor.

arlene 

Lisa H.
on 7/25/11 9:37 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Hey T.... I don't know anything about Dr. Marymour, but I just wanted to jump in and say hello and good luck to Marianne!

My tracker

hers 

ladychief231
on 7/25/11 9:51 pm - Douglassville, PA
Thanks Lisa!
dit657
on 7/25/11 10:20 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Teresa!! Long time, no see! Like you I had Dr Boe (loved him!) but I've heard nothing but good things about Dr Marymor, so I'd say Marianne is in great hands. All the best to her, and you!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patti M.
on 7/25/11 10:39 pm

Dr. Marymor is the absolute best!  When I had my surgery, I couldn't sleep and he happened to be in the building....so he just came and checked on me and then sat down and we just chatted.  He's just awesome!

Patti      
Patricia R.
on 7/25/11 10:39 pm - Perry, MI
When I had my surgery, Dr. Marymor took the time, while I was in pre-op, to explain fully, with sketches he drew, exactly what he would be doing, for my Mom and sister, as we waited for my surgery.  He then gave me his cell phone number upon discharge.  He helped me out when I was having severe pains in my pouch, he went over the top in ruling out any post-op complications and then referred me to a gastro-interologist who found an ulcer. 

When my brother died, and I talked about it on here, he called to check on me.  When I got out of rehab last year, he called to check on me.  Same for last October, when I had my first blood clots, he called me. 

Most recently, I had an endoscopy a couple of weeks ago, at Barix.  He happened to be in pre-op, and came over to check on me and asked if he could observe my procedure, and I was thrilled for his presence there. 
He cares about me as a person, not just my pouch and the scale.  I have the utmost confidence in him.  Oh, I almost forgot, he did my hernia repair, when I developed an incisional hernia 15 months after my RNY.  Again, the best.

I am due for my five year check-up, and I am thrilled to see him again.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 7/26/11 12:15 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Teresa,

Nice seeing you here. . .  While I had Dr. P, she has left and gone to Kentucy which left me up in the air with who to have my follow ups with and then Dr. Marymor came back to Barix, Arlene and several others loved him and that is usually the case with us WLSr's, loving the surgeons we had, so I made an appointment with him, which I had almost two weeks ago, he is wonderful, caring and very real about what needs to be done and how to continue to live in the world post-WLS.  Your friend should be very pleased with him as her choice.

Best wishes to her.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

ladychief231
on 7/26/11 4:54 am - Douglassville, PA

Thanks everyone for the welcome and info. Sounds like she'll be in good hands. Me too, I'll probabl;y see him for my follow ups as well.
TC

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views