The verdict is in.

dit657
on 7/25/11 10:25 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Nan...my heart is aching for you right now and what you're facing - I know how hard you fought to get the lymphedema under control, but now you have an even bigger battle facing you. Is there a support group you can join for women with similar conditions and undergoing those types of treatments? You know we are all here for you in spirit and prayers, but only someone who is going through the same thing can offer you the true support you may need.

You are in my thoughts and prayers...fondly, Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patti M.
on 7/25/11 10:41 pm
Nan, I'm so sorry to hear this. We're sending you healing thoughts and prayers.
Laureen S.
on 7/26/11 12:19 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Nan,

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and since the it is a "more than likely" scenario, I will hope that you DON'T have a flare up.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole S.
on 7/26/11 1:04 am - York Haven, PA
Prayers sent your way!!

Surgery 355  / Current 246 / Goal 199.9

Maura M.
on 7/26/11 11:38 am - Yardley, PA
Nan,

You will come out on top, if there is one thing you possess, it is determination.  Keeping you in prayers and asking for a miracle.

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

jackie j
on 7/28/11 4:21 am - Glenmoore, PA

Sorry to hear what has cropped up for you Nan.   You, however, are one of the most determined women I know and with all the strength of the folks on this board pulling for you, you'll jump these hurdles.   Don't borrow trouble on the lymphedema, maybe it won't happen; we'll all pray for that.   We love you and wish for only the smoothest of sailings through the radiation and chemo.   Feel free to call if you need an ear.  

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/28/11 7:25 am
For people without lymphedema there is a 50% chance that they will have it with the radiation and the chemo.  Since I already have it, its a given.  No matter how determined I am, its a long battle, I will fight as hard as I can just to get a few more years of pleasure from my new life.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

philliesphan
on 8/5/11 2:54 am
 Wishing you a a speedy recovery and sending positive vibes (if you believe in that...) - I really enjoy your recipes and following your progress on this amazing journey.  I live not far from Einstein so if you need a supportive person nearby just let me know.

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 8/5/11 3:02 am
Thank you for your support.  I've posted since then, I've changed facilities.  I am getting my treatments at Lankenau.  Its an easier commute.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

philliesphan
on 8/5/11 3:05 am
Great hospital!  And don't forget the splenda : )

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views