Terrible Temps Thursday

Nicole0216
on 7/20/11 8:03 pm - Lancaster, PA
Oh my goodness I am up it is 539 and it is already almost 80 degrees outside and it looks like the inside of a shower. So awful. I hope people can find ways to stay cool, and if you dont have AC go stay with someone who does. Feeling so sorry for those poor cats in NJ in that home, no AC no windows open, panting away. 40 Cats have been rehomed, mommy kitties have had two more litters. 15 more are being spayed and nuetered today. If you know anyone who would like to rescue a poor kitty from this hoarders situation, and want one that is already vetted and fixed, let me know. THEY ARE GORGEOUS! 

I am working a 12 hour day today my boss and I have some program planning to do and we cannot do it during business hours too many intterruptions. Then I have dinner with a good friend who is getting married soon. No therapist tonight she is on vacation, good thing because I am still working on my home work. Never in a million years did I imagine this WLS journey, and exploration of the reasons why I became 360 lbs would take me to the places it has. Anyone who thinks that obesity is not a mental health condition is nuts themselves.

Hope you all have a good cool day today. Hydrate
IdaMae D.
on 7/20/11 9:07 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Nicole &  PA:

I have not stuck my nose outside yet, but hear that it's going to be really hot out there today.  Not much going on with me today.  Work till 4, then home.  No walking outside during my lunches in this weather!  After work I need to go to My Ladies Courset Shop to pick up a few bras.  I also need to take a ride over to Jersey to pick up some things from my daughter that she ordered for me, have to see what her schedule is she might be sleeping when I get out of work, she has some strange hours during the summer months.

Stay cool, Stay hydrated..have a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 7/20/11 9:10 pm - Whitehall, PA
Good morning Nicole, sounds like you have a long day ahead but it will end well with your dinner. Enjoy the time spent with your friend.   You are right.  Obesity is totally mental.. I mean look at us!  (and I mean that in the best, pot calling the kettle black, loony way). 

Today has me working til 3:30 per usual.  After work, I am headed to the pool.  I'm not sure if I will stay there til closing or head over to the gym.  In this heat, it's hard to get myself motivated to get over there.

I also need to get to the store and pick up vitamins, milk, and some other groceries.  I'm sure that will happen much later this evening.  Then, home to unwind in the AC in front of the TV.  

Hope everyone stays cool and hydrated in this heat.  

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 7/20/11 9:47 pm
Good Morning Nicole and PA!

YES, it is gonna be NASTY today!! I am going to be hybernating in my nice air conditioned house with the kitties. I am debating on if I feel up to start tackling the rest of the basement project or not? It is nice and cool down there so today would be a good day to do it!

Nicole- I was at my therapist yesterday and she is interested in adopting one of the kitties from the hoarding house. I gave her Joyce's email address and let Joyce know that she would be contacting her. YEAH for another kitty!!!

I wound up last night stopping off for the ladies night out thing and couldn't find it, so I went to support instead. I am so glad I did! I listened more than spoke which is kind of unusual for me. I guess that is what I needed to do!!

Have a great day and stay cool and hydrated!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Nicole0216
on 7/20/11 11:38 pm - Lancaster, PA
Yay thanks Beth. Jen said that they are getting another 10-15 fixed this week.

Poor babies she posted updated pics as well. They are so sad looking.
dit657
on 7/20/11 10:00 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good muggy morning all - I woke up with a raging headache this morning. Hubby drove to work but I needed the car to meet a friend for lunch so I dropped him off then came to work.

Not sure how much I'll be functioning until this headache is gone - honestly all I want to do is crawl back to my bed and lock the door. But i'm here now - hopefully it won't be a painfully long day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lauraanne715
on 7/20/11 10:39 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good Morning Nicole and PA!

This has been a terrible terrible week...the Hubby and I have both been sick as dogs all week. I didn't even make it to summer school once this week to teach--although they cancelled it on Tuesday because 3 of us teachers (out of four) were sick.  Due to the pregnancy I was advised to only take 1 acetominophen every 4 hours for the aches and to keep the fever at bay. Not very helpful...Hubby was worse off then me though...but the Dr. told us it is going around and his office was jammed packed with everyone pretty much exhibiting the same symptoms..its like a really terrible summer flu. Uggg..but today the Hubby feels better but I am still headachy ...just going to stay inside and take it easy today.

We got our new (ginormous lol) flat screen yesterday...Hubby ventured out for a quick bit to go pick it up from the store since the model we wanted had to be ordered. It came yesterday...Hubby wasn't gonna let the flu stop him from getting his new TV..lol. I have to say it is pretty impressive and the picture is omg amazing...so I think that made the Hubby feel better too...lol

Nothing on my agenda today..just going to veg out here and do some cross stitch for the baby and try not to feel so crappy--have I mentioned I hate being sick??

STAY COOL AND HYDRATED TODAY EVERYONE!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Laureen S.
on 7/20/11 10:44 pm, edited 7/20/11 10:45 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Nicole, PA Posters,

Unfortunately, my alarm is set for 4:45 these days and I drag my BFA outta bed, wash my face, brush my teeth, don my gym clothes and out I go and boy what a dose of reality that is these days, the heat is palpable and makes me want to go back inside and slip back under the covers where I am all cozy, unfortunately, that is not a possibility if I want to combat this dreaded disease, obesity, so off to the gym I went and I did give myself a little slack in that I only worked out for 43 minutes, as opposed to my normal 50 to 60. My goal each day is a 5k and sometimes I push myself to go further, but today was not one of those days, I can say that it's been a busy week, with something to do each night after work, so I'm short on sleep and hope that tonight I can get to bed by 10 and sleep until 5:45 as tomorrow I work 9 to 5 instead of my usual 8 to 4.

If I were not allergic, I would love to adopt a couple of kitties, however, I can't :( and not sure I know anyone who can, as most of my friends already have their share of kitties and the like, but will ask around. . .

I hear you on the issues related to this disease of obesity, which is simply another form of "addiction" and that is considered a mental illness (at least alcoholism, which is another form of addiction, is considered to be a mental illness). Some of our discussions in support group were about that point after which we lose considerable weight and we hit a wall, the wall for many is now that I've lost this weight, why isn't everything in my life the way I imagined it would be and that is when we have to work at the things that got us obese in the first place and you are blessed in knowing you have work to do and by doing it.

Anyway, I hope that everyone can stay cool today and please drink lots of water!!!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/11 11:05 pm - Eastern, PA
Right there with you Laureen, I'm getting my exercise in every day come hell or high water.
gmom62
on 7/21/11 12:54 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Ditto on the exercise come hell or high water.  I've been going to the gym in the morning instead of my morning walks outside.  It's just too unbarable out there.  I've been doing an hour on the elliptical each day with the exception of yesterday.  For whatever reason, that alarm went off.  I got up went to the bathroom.  Came back to get changed for the gym but climbed right back into bed and slept for another 45 mintues. 

cyd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views