Combating Regain. . . How You All Doing?

Laureen S.
on 7/22/11 12:49 am - Maple Shade, NJ
TGIF Everyone. . .

Because I was off on Monday past and had no computer access until Monday evening I did not bother with the post, but this is how I am combating my regain. . .

By making healthy food choices
Taking all my vitamin supplements
Drinking all my fluids
Spending a total of 165 minutes in the gym so far this week
Participating in support

I am feeling good, while the scale seems stalled, I have seen some difference in my clothes and my blood pressure was a cool 110 over 80, so I am feeling optimistic and will continue to fight the good fight.

Looking forward to my weekend, hope you are doing and living well.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 7/22/11 3:57 am - Croydon, PA
Honestly?  I really suck at this.  Had a plan every day but always went off it.  Ran out of certain vitamins.  Fluids -- ha!  Haven't exercised.  Did go to OA and stayed in contact with my OA sponsor this week, but that's about it.

I just finished lunch.  It was 1/2 a sandwich and a little potato salad.  Since my surgery, I have a "full signal."  I know my pouch is full when I burp.  Does that stop me?  No.  Should it?  Absolutely.  Why is it so hard to put the food down?????????

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 7/22/11 4:08 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Jill,

Put down the bat and realize that you are simply a food addict, accept that, embrace it and own it. . .  the problem with food, unlike many other addictions, is that we have to eat to live and for those of us who are addicted to food, we live to eat. 

Food affects the same pleasure centers as drugs, alcohol and sex, so you find pleasure in eating and I guess therein lies a part of the addiction, the other part is our emotions are tied to food in a way that is hard to unwire and we kind of have to first figure out the connection in order to rewire things.  We need to pause, we need to question our motives and reasons for eating, then we can choose, easier said than done, but we just have to give up the perfection and seek the progress.  Awareness is one third of the equation, the other 2 are acceptance and action. . .  you are aware, you are lacking acceptance of the issue and so I think you stumble when the action component comes into play. . .

You are not alone, I start out with plans and often don't do all I set about to do, but some change is better than no change.  So get your vitamins and drink you fluids, the lack of fluids can contribute to overeating or "hunger", so don't beat yourself up, work on accepting and changing one thing at a time. . .

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 7/22/11 4:16 am
I got back to the gym today after my FL trip. I had promised myself I would exercise on my own daily while down there - HA! The truth is, I strained my knee and could barely walk for a couple of days, then when I got home I was moving some books and ended up needing ice and heat on my back....so that was my excuse for a few days at least.

But anyway, I'll be back in the gym tomorrow. Sunday is my day off from working out, but no excuses after that!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views