Food is Fuel

jastypes
on 7/21/11 2:53 am - Croydon, PA
I just started an OA Daily Journal (yesterday) and it asks the question daily:  Something it says in the morning meditation is:  Something to keep in mind today.  Today I wrote:  Food is fuel.  And as I sit here thinking about what I want to eat and why, I have to remind myself what food is not.

Food is not a pain killer.
Food is not entertainment.
Food is not my best friend.
Food is not an activity to do when you are bored.
Food is not a gift I give myself.
Food is not a reward.
Food is not a punishment.
Food is not a stress reliever.
Food is not a cure for financial insecurity.

Oh, the many roles I have let food play in my life over the years.  It is amazing.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

spirit56
on 7/21/11 3:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
Jill,

You are not alone on your list.  For me food is not love that I need to give myself.  I have to remember just to stay focused on the moment and not let my head get me stuck back in the past or too far into the future.  I admire all the honesty and hard work that you have been doing.  This journey is worth it but God is it difficult.  It doesn't help that I make it more difficult some days.  Stay cool and well hydrated today.  Take good care.

Donna
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 3:56 am - Eastern, PA
Fish are freinds, not food!
jastypes
on 7/21/11 4:24 am - Croydon, PA
In my world, fish is food!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 7/21/11 4:26 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Jill you are so right about the list of things that food used to be, sometimes still is, but I don't know about you, but what I can note here is that I am still a work in progress and as Maya Angelou says, When you know better, you do better. . .  that is my aim today, knowing and doing what is better. . .

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views