Surgery 06/29/11 update (long)

Sara E.
on 7/22/11 3:19 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Hi all!
I had my plastics (coset trunkplasty & medial thighplasty) and a TVT bladder sling done on June 29th.  I had a lot of pain & nausea so they kept me in Geisinger for 3 nights.  I was released on Sat and on Tuesday was taken by ambulance to our ER,  I thought I was having a diabetic emergency - swaeting, fever, chills, nausea.  They said I had gas & was constipated and sent me by ambulance to Geisinger 2 hours away.  It turned out I had a severe internal hernia and a bleeding ulcer in the top of my pouch with a pulsating arterial mass behind it.  I was told either condition could have slowy killed me without warning...eekkk.  I had emergency surgery and was in recovery before my family even made it to Danville.  2 days later I was again home.  Wow...5 surgeries in 7 days...that really kicked me in the a$$.  Thank God Tim took FMLA leave to help me.  He has been great.  Caleb had 1 week at boy scout camp, but other than that he has been a trooper too.  It is really bothering him  to see me so incapacitated. 
I am now getting a little stronger and getting some range of motion back.  The pain is still really bad, but I know now I am finally on the road to recovery. 
I keep teasing my family and best friends that I am "normal" now (BMI that is)....they tease back that I will never be normal.  At least we still have our weird sence of humor.
Keep cool!
Sara

Laureen S.
on 7/22/11 3:29 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Sara,

What an experience you've been through, thank goodness you did not minimize how you were feeling and you are recuperating and once healed will be better than ever!!!  Congrats on your plastics and take good care of yourself and nice that your Tim and Caleb are both there to nurse you back to good health.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Sara E.
on 7/25/11 9:41 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
I am lucky to have my nursing staff of Tim & Caleb.  They have been great.  Tim goes back to work next Monday.  I think work will seem easy compared to tending to me 24/7.
Sara

Lisa H.
on 7/22/11 3:49 am - Whitehall, PA
 WOW Sara.. you just don't do anything the easy way, do you? 

So glad you discovered it and went back into the hospital.  I can't even imagine the thoughts going through your head.  

I can't wait to see pics as your swelling continues to go down and your normalness creeps around the rest of us crazy people.. lol... 

My tracker

hers 

Sara E.
on 7/25/11 9:45 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Lisa!
The easy way is overrated...LOL.  I can't believe my string of bad luck or good luck, since they found 2 underlying potential killers. I kept telling Tim....hey you saw how great Tayna looked & was moving....I want to be like that!  Well, I am still not looking or feeling as good as she was when I saw her on the 23rd.  She is the poster child for great results (Way to go Tanya!)....Me...I am the worst case scenario woman. 
I too can't wait for the swelling to go down.  I tried on a pair of good fitting pre-surgery shorts and could even button them....damn.
Sara

lynnc99
on 7/22/11 4:12 am
Wow Sara! So sorry you had this complication but VERY happy that you got a correct diagnosis and hope you are on the road to recovery.

And hey, normal is over rated!
Sara E.
on 7/25/11 9:40 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Thanks Lynne!
I thank God they sent me to Danville and they could fix me all up.
Like Lisa said...I never do stuff the easy way...LOL
Sara

Maura M.
on 7/22/11 5:11 am - Yardley, PA
Sara,

I am so sorry that you had to go through all of this and glad that they found the issue and were able to take care of it right away.  Take care of yourself!  I wondered why I didn't hear from you about arts fest!  I would have come to visit.

Be well,

Maura
Maura

Sara E.
on 7/25/11 9:34 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Arts fest?  You mean we had that already:)  I have totally lost track of time with all this crap going on.  We will have to meet next summer during arts fest.  I loved getting to meet you last summer.  Next year I will do my best to be healthy!
Sara

gmom62
on 7/22/11 8:34 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Hey Sara,

So very glad to hear and see your on the mend.  Let your family take care of you for a change. You deserve it.  Soon you'll be up riding that bike again.  You wouldn't be riding it now anyway.  Too dang hot.

Take care.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Cyd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views