Post op Therapy?

IdaMae D.
on 7/21/11 11:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Liz;

My husband and I have both had WLS.  Prior to WLS I spent time with a private therapist so that I would not have the same things going on post and I had pre.  In addition to the pre op therapy when I need to see my therapist I just call, we are not every week as it was at one time but she is there when I need her. 

My husband is a therpist that works with pre and post op WLS clients.  We've both found that therapy pre and post is extremely important to seek out a good therapist.

I'm fortunate that I have my husband to bounce things off of, however, I still need my own personal therapist.

Ida

IdaMae

liz52408
on 7/22/11 1:10 am
On July 22, 2011 at 6:18 AM Pacific Time, HarleyandHisAngel wrote:
Hi Liz;

My husband and I have both had WLS.  Prior to WLS I spent time with a private therapist so that I would not have the same things going on post and I had pre.  In addition to the pre op therapy when I need to see my therapist I just call, we are not every week as it was at one time but she is there when I need her. 

My husband is a therpist that works with pre and post op WLS clients.  We've both found that therapy pre and post is extremely important to seek out a good therapist.

I'm fortunate that I have my husband to bounce things off of, however, I still need my own personal therapist.

Ida
Hi Ida,
Oh wow did you both have your surgeries around the same time?  After talking with some post-ops usually only a couple therapy sessions are needed to get the help we need- I have my first appt next week, so we will see from there.

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it... I guess I thought I would feel a little ashamed to see a therapist about this, but I am glad to know its not just me having these feelings.

Liz

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views