Wonderful Wednesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 7/19/11 8:57 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning;

We have ho****er and A/C - woo-hoo and the best news is the washer is installed and is working.  I was able to stay awake last night to wash a couple loads of wash.  It is one of those front loader washers, hardlly uses any water, an interesting machine to watch the first time used.  I said to Gene last night I looking forward to the dryer breaking so we can replace that with a dryer that matches the washer.  We also have a laundry area on the main floor of the house for when Gene and I get old and can no longer run clothes baskets up and down the stairs.

Today I have work till 4, then home to work on a paper and PP presentation that is due Monday.

Gene is teaching tonight, it is his last summer class then he goes back Sept. 1 for the fall/winter semester.

Hope everyone has a great day....stay cool and hydrated....

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 7/19/11 9:36 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Soooo glad you have A/C! It is supposed to be really brutal the next four or five days!! Glad the washer is connected and working! You don't realize how much you depend on it until you don't have it!!

Today I have an appointment with my therapist. I am glad because there are many things that are bothering me right now. I kinda feel out of control. Hopefully the therapist will get my head on straight!
I am supposed to meet one of my friends because she has something for Dee. She spoils her so, but that is her job!! The rest of the day I will chill in the A/C.

This evening I am busy with a couple of things. There is a ladies night out at the Buck where there will be many things to look at. No buying for me, no $$$! Especially since the new kitty cost us almost $200 yesterday!! But I promised one of my friends that I would stop by. I am also going to try to make it to Barix, albeit late, but I will try and make an appearance!!

Have a great day and stay hydrated and cool!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Nicole0216
on 7/19/11 10:04 pm - Lancaster, PA
Dear Lord what vet do you use? That is crazy.
Good luck with the therapist and have fun tonight
bvohl
on 7/19/11 10:12 pm
Bridgewater Vet near our house. It was a new patient fee, shots, bloodwork and fecal exam...

At least we didn't have to pay for the spaying!

Thanks Nicole!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 7/19/11 9:50 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all... glad to hear things are coming together if even just a little bit, Ida.  Like Beth said, it's going to be a scorcher for the next few days so that AC will be needed for sure.  

First night of work at Dress Barn went well.. kinda boring watching videos, but the manager and associate working were both very cool and down to earth.  I'm sure I'm going to like working there.  

Working til 3:30 per usual.  Tonight's plans are up in the air.  I MAY be going to dinner with a friend and then hanging ou****ching a baseball game that I am recording for him this afternoon.  OR if he cannot meet me, then I will go to Quakertown to hang with some other friends for dinner and whatever.  

I'm sure I will hit the pool right after work and before whatever the evening holds for me. 

Stay cool and hydrated people.. it's going to be hot for sure!

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 7/19/11 10:10 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning everyone - Ida, so happy to hear your A/C has been hooked up - you definitely need it this week. Hate to think of anyone out there without it. And hey, if you're having that much fun using your new washer I'll be glad to bring mine by?! LOL!!

I'm at work - very cool in here so I'm not minding the heat at all, and God send some much-needed rain last night so I didn't have to go out and water the flowers. It did help cool things down after the second shower passed through. The next few days are going to be ugly, tho.

Got a couple of boxes packed last night - packed up a box of my mom's stuff for my younger sister - she collects Fenton glass and mom had several pieces so I packed that for Kristi along with a few other things. She's also taking mom's curio - it's small and will fit in nicely in her new home in Florida. Then I packed some other stuff of mine up for the yard sale we're having in October. Since we're moving next year I'm really trying to downsize and get rid of 'stuff' - and trust me, I have a lot of 'stuff'. I'm going to be putting a lot of furniture out at the sale as well, so I'll let you guys know in case anyone needs furniture or things. I have tons of collectibles to put out and will also be putting out a bunch of Xmas decorations. Now you know why I'm starting now!

Enjoy the day, everyone...stay cool. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 7/19/11 10:31 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Ida, PA Posters,

Happy that you are liking your new washer, I love my front loader and think having the washer on the main floor is a great idea.  As much as I love fresh air, I would love to thank the person who invented air conditioning, but guess that is something I'll have to do in the afterlife (lol), truthfully, it is horrendous out and we have worse to look forward to. . .

I have been to the gym, stopped to pick up some yogurt and cottage cheese for the office (breakfast and snacks) and am now at work.  Today marks a special day on my calendar, my 24th sober anniversary, I never dreamed I'd be living the life I am today and it began 24 years ago and it never gets old, as I am constantly learning new things about myself and my interactions with others.  Anyway, I am going to an AA meeting at lunchtime and then after work, heading up to Barix for the support group.  Hoping to see some of you PA peeps there. . .

Have an awesome day, keep cool, stay hydrated and whatever life brings your way today, I wish you the peace and strength to get through it.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lisa H.
on 7/19/11 11:50 pm - Whitehall, PA
 WTG,  Laureen!!!

Congrats on 24 years sober!!!!!

My tracker

hers 

lynnc99
on 7/19/11 11:59 pm
Ida - when you live even for a short while without the conveniences of a washer, water, and a/c - keeps you a little humble doesn't it?  But with all you are going thru, I strongly caution you and Gene NOT to pray for patience!!!!

A busy work day for me - just about to jump into a conf call right now. Then to the gym for some time in the pool (still have this sore back so taking it a little gently) - and then my summer session of writing classes begins. Hooray! These classes are like therapy to me - they tap a whole different facet of myself and I LOVE it!!!

Enjoy your day everyone, even in the heat, and count your blessings!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views