"terrific" Tuesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 7/18/11 8:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning;

Had an awesome class last night, one of my Prof's from my undergrad degree substituted and the class absolutely loved him.  He is an amazing prof!!!!

Came home to the plumbers still at the house at 10pm.  When they finally left and I was able to get upstairs to use the bathroom, no ho****er.  Gene checked all the pipes there should be ho****er, then came downstairs this morning and a portion of the basement is flooded from where the plumbers were working.  Needless to say Gene is not a happy camper this morning.  I feel bad becasue I have to get my arse off to work...

Today is working till 4, then  home to a new washer - woo hoo!!!!!!!!

Pretty sad that my life is excited by the thought of a new washer :-)

Hope everyone has a great day - stay hydrated...

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 7/18/11 9:48 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all... woke up to happy and alert kitties... cleaned out the litter boxes and hoping that Jasper has "gotten it" now.  He seems to have... although his freakin' tail, as cute as it is, is so freakin' fluffy.. I was cleaning poop out of it last night.. fun stuff I tell ya..

Anyway, working my full time job til 3:30.  During the course of the day, I will hop into the shower and get dressed in REAL clothes.  After work I have a routine dentist appointment and then I start my job at Dress Barn tonight.  It will be 3 hours of paperwork and training, but at least I'm starting and will get paid to watch videos.  I'm really looking forward to having this job.  Retail will give me the opportunity to break out of my shyness and be around people.. wait, what?!  
I mean, retail will give me a chance to be around people so I'm not just talking to cats all day.  It will be good for me to get out of the house and be with other adults.  

That's about it for me.  I assume I'll get my schedule for the rest of the week when I am there tonight so we'll see how many hours I get.  

Stay hydrated.. it's going to be a hot couple of days coming up. 

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 7/18/11 10:35 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good luck with the new job and so happy jasper is figuring things out. Gross as it sounds he will get the tail himself. And if his stool is runny he may need less wet and more dry
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 10:54 pm - Eastern, PA
Even short hair cats get a bad case of poopa doopa every now and again.

Trixie goes bat**** insne when I have to clean her butt.
lynnc99
on 7/18/11 9:49 pm
Ida, this remodeling project is certainly a "character building" experience! Hope that today is a better day and yes, I can imagine being excited over the new washer!

Just a work day for me. I would like to get a massage appt. but that's not likey. Yesterday I was cleaning/unpacking/puttering and ended up with some lower back pain that just won't quit. I have iced it, heated it, and moved very gently, but...

If I get to the gym this afternoon, I think it will be just for some walking/jogging in the pool to keep the stress off the back. And yes, I probably will call for a massage appt. but not till later in the week.

Good to be home!
dit657
on 7/18/11 10:01 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - woke up at 4:30 with a raging headache - took some tylenol and went back to bed - could have slept in but forced myself up and moving. Headache was gone so that was a bonus. I also turned the A/C back when I took the tylenol - house was very stuffy so not sure if that brought it on or what.

Huge problem with our on-line filing system yesterday and as much as I hate filing this is NOT helping! It appears those of us that use the system have LOST everything we've done since the new program was put in place about a month and a half ago. We'll see what today brings.

This heat is draining even though I'm not out in it - did go out after 8:00 last night and watered my flowers - actually wasn't too bad then - breeze was blowing and the sun was down. Need to get moving indoors a little more, tho.

Be sure to be careful working out in this heat - stay hydrated - stay cool.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 7/18/11 10:01 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!!

Sounds like the saga of the house is NEVER ending!! YEAH for the new washer!! That is always exciting!

Today I will be going out to the store in a few minutes to pick up some things that we need. I want to do it before it gets too hot. The new kitty has an appointment with the vet today at 11am. Hopefully she will get a clean bill of health!! She is very sweet although not comfortable with being held, at least not yet! The rest of the day I guess will be spent doing laundry and keeping cool inside!

Stay hydrated and cool!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 7/18/11 11:16 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida and PA,
I am finally home and using my new laptop.  It did not work while I was away.  My sis-in-law's wedding was lovely.  I posted some pics on Facebook.  I also included some pics of my Munchkins bowling.

Today has me tidying around here, then heading to the hospital to work a few hours.

Tonight, I will hit an AA meeting down the street, and then watch my Phillies against the Cubs.  They lost last night.  Halladay was not feeling well due to the heat.  They said it was like a heat index of 104 on the field at Wrigley last night.

My Munchkins are back in Michigan now.    I did get to go swimming with them while in Maryland.

Have a safe day...stay hydrated.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 7/19/11 1:27 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Ida, PA Posters,

I truly can understand how you feel about a new washer, I actually got a new frontloader back in January and was excited to get it and love it, as when I did my house renovation 3 years ago, I made sure that there was a place for a full size stackable washer on the main floor, thinking that if I were to age and stay where I live, everything would be accessible on the main floor, as my old washer/dryer, which was one of those stackables of the older variety, meaning I had to go to the laundromat whenever I needed to do comforters or bigger items, so sometimes it really is exciting to get a new washer (lol). . .

Anyway, I was not on my computer for 3 whole days, as where I was there was no internet service and I actually survived without it. . .  Saturday I got up at 6:30 and was out the door by 7:09 headed to my son's Shore House, where my oldest daughter, Marlene, was hanging out with my granchildren and her brother and SIL.  I arrived at 8:30 and it was wonderful to see everyone, we hung at the beach for about 4 hours, then relaxed at home, had dinner, played with the kids and when the kids went to bed, including the big kid (my son), us girls sat around talking until 2:30 in the morning, I went to bed, we got up had breakfast, hit the beach for a couple of hours, then I said my goodbyes, as my son was taking my daughter to the airport, so she could head home to her family in Florida and I headed on to my next Shore destination, Cape May Courthouse, where I met up with two of my friends.  So I met them on a different beach, where I spent another 2 hours and then we went back to the one whose house we were staying at, took showers and went to dinner and then drove to Cape May, where we walked around and checked out the little shops, one of which was a fabulous jewelry shop, where I saw some things that were absolutely beautiful and decided that Tony is about to get hit up for a piece of jewelry, which I think after 3.5 years I'm deserving of (lol). . .  and he said MAYBE, so I see something nice and a little sparkly in my future (lol). . .  we went back to my friend's house and gabbed a bit before we went to bed, got up yesterday and went to breakfast, the beach, back to her place, closed up the place and headed to Atlantic City to a place that is famous for their cheese steaks and we stood in line, which was not too bad for a Monday and 3:00 p.m. time, had our cheese steaks, which I must admit were the best I've ever had (we each ordered halves and took home half of that) and then onto one last place where hugged said our goodbyes and home we all went. . .  it was such a packed weekend, that I feel like I was gone for an entire week, when I went home, I did laundry, packed clothes and food and today I went back to my reality, which was getting up to go to the gym and coming to work. . .  tonight I will attend an AA meeting at a friend's house and then home to hang with the Roxie girl before going to bed. . .

Oh and I did make myself a nice egg beaters omlet this morning with a zucchini from my garden that I packed for breakfast after the gym, it was very yummy. . .  tomatoes and eggplants, peppers, basil and zucchini are going to be feeding us for the next month or so. . .

I want to wish you all a wonderful day, for those of us dealing with the latest heatwave, stay as cool as you can and drink lots of decaf fluids. . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views