Combatting regain. . . what's your plan?

Laureen S.
on 7/14/11 9:43 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
TGIF!!!

Well how you all doing today? Have you stuck to your plans this week? Incorporated physical activity of some kind? If your struggling with this maintenance of weight loss, you are not alone and after meeting with my new WLS doctor yesterday I am happy to know that while it will not be easy, I can, if I stay active and make the right choices more often than not, continue to combat the weight gain.

Basically I was told, not really news, that the further we get from surgery the harder it gets and then a meeting with the nutrionist confirmed something I knew already, but was reminded of. . . fat cells never die and for those of us who were obese, these fat cells almost without fail will try to plump themselves back up and will fight for their wants, so it comes down to us fighting for what we want and there is no easy way out, it's about limiting carbs to high fiber, vegetables and fruit, getting in the proper amount of protein and keeping the fats under control, getting in the water and EXERCISE. 3/6 small meals a day (3 of which can be snack type, yogurt, cheese and fruit, etc.), I was told that when choosing a fruit or carb type food, it should be had with protein, as the carbs burn off quickly and so hunger returns quickly, whereby the protein keeps the hunger at bay longer.

So 4 days this week I went to the gym, burned over 500 calories per visit and now will try to use the knowledge given me yesterday to combat my fat cells desires. ..

Wishing you all a successful battle, one that can be won, one day at a time

Have a great weekend,the weather is delightful.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 7/14/11 10:01 pm
I have been way off my exercise routines for a couple of weeks. Lets chalk it up to being in FL and away from my normal schedule. But come Monday, I will be back to the gym!

The good news is that I am eating simple, high protein foods. Nothing fancy about it, but I don't think there is a risky carb anywhere in the house!
Laureen S.
on 7/15/11 12:01 am - Maple Shade, NJ
That's good Lynn sounds like you are doing things you need to or preparing to (lol), and as you can see we flushed out our Trish, thanks to the help of Beth, who put me in touch with Katie, who had someone text her, now I have her numbers safely, but amazing what being without a computer can do (lol). . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 7/15/11 12:27 am - Croydon, PA
thanks for sharing the information.  I love the term "risky carb."  I've got way too many of those around and even in my plan!  Well, at least I have a plan.  It's a one day at a time thing for me, where most of the battle is in my head.  Work with my OA sponsor continues.  I am still way behind on my even thinking about adding exercise.  I have no willingness in that regard at this point.  I was walking home a few days a week, but the heat is killing me when I even think about doing it! 

I am feeling good about where I am today, and that's a real plus.  I love having peace and space in my head to think about things other than food.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views