It's been two years...

lynnc99
on 7/15/11 10:09 pm
Katie, I remember too. Those first few pre op meetings, I wrote down EVERYTHING and learned so much! It will be such fun to see you become a mom - and I truly believe that support is one of the "must do" things for the long haul!

Thank you for everything!
enasangels
on 7/15/11 12:26 pm - PA
Lynn,
Congrats on your two year surgiversary.  You have done wonderful.  (and your writing is great too!!!)
Hugs, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

lynnc99
on 7/15/11 10:09 pm
Thank you Ena for your kind words!
sandy L.
on 7/15/11 2:00 pm - Altoona, PA
 Happy Surgiversary.  Love the poem also.

lynnc99
on 7/15/11 10:10 pm
Thank you Sandy!!!
Decolady
on 7/15/11 9:16 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Lynn, thank you for sharing this!  I had surgery just about a year ago at 52, not at my goal yet and I have been starting to feel down about that.  Your poem and your story reminded me to be grateful for where I am in this process!
Thank you,
Deb
lynnc99
on 7/15/11 10:00 pm
Deb, I think that "goal" is a relative term. To be at the mid range of a normal BMI - I would need to weigh about 130 lbs. I haven't weighed 130 lbs. since about 1980, and then it lasted for about 10 minutes. I'm not sure I WANT to weigh 130. My metabolism has to be different now - I've had children, grown older, messed things up with dieting and obesity, been through menopause....I mean, that "goal" seems sort of arbitrary, all things considered.

I do see people around who have made it to the 120's or 130's, and I just think "good for her." Me? I'm glad not to outweigh most of the Big Ten Defensive Line.
IdaMae D.
on 7/16/11 5:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
Lynn;

Congratulations on two years.  Beautiful poem!!!  Says a lot of how those who have had WLS, see this surgery and life after.

Ida

IdaMae

Maura M.
on 7/18/11 12:38 pm - Yardley, PA
Lynn,

Congratulations on the amazing success of two years and thank you for sharing your poem.  I truly feel like I am thriving and not just surviving as well -  your words perfectly describe this incredible change in the way we approach life now. 

Thank you for sharing!

Maura
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views