Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 7/13/11 8:08 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning!

Beautiful nice cool morning.  Got cold sleeping last night had to pull the two comforters up to stay warm.  Without a/c the house is still nice and cool for sleeping at night.  We just might make it through this summer without using the a/c at all. 

I was finally able to get to bed early last night, 9pm.  I had planned to go earlier, but I had a bit of a mess in the oven that I had to clean out.  With the house ripped apart, the oven has been one of the places where we are storing stuff.  I pulled everything out, double checked then started to pre-heat the oven.  Went upstairs, after a bit smelled something funny, went back down, I ended up melting a plastic lid all over the oven - what a mess to clean up.  Lesson learned when tired do not use the oven.

Today I'm working till 4, then home.  I might have to run out to the store to pick up some stuff due to not have a washer, my summer clothing was sparce to begin with and is getting to be slim to none.  The new washer is being delivered this coming Tuesday, no more delay's on it.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

enasangels
on 7/13/11 8:45 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa,
Oh Ida, it sounds like most days you hit the ground running, I hope you are able to schedule some down time soon so you can get some rest.
Today I am going with my oldest granddaughter on a pirate ship adventure with her day camp kids and teachers.  My daughter tells me last night that the dress code for the day is a "bathing suit", what ????.  This is sure out of my comfort zone, I'm guess I will have to suck it up as it's to late to back out now, but there will be a pair of shorts involved that won't get removed no matter what.  On top of that, I bought all this stuff for lunches and I was told only non perishables are to be packed.  (really limits me, but I may have to cheat and take a small bag with an ice pack)  Other than that I am sure we will have a good time.  Lunch is on the beach, and they do not allow the children to go swimming, only able to get their feet wet, I am wondering how this works with a bunch of 8 to 9 year olds.  It's supposed to be another hot one, keep hydrated and try to stay cool.
Hugs, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Liz R.
on 7/13/11 8:47 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Ida and PA -

I am here at work, been here since 6. Working until 4 then I am officially on vacation!!! Stopping to pick up 3 birthday presents and home to work on packing! Leaving saturday morning for a week down the shore - can't wait! Work is going to be crazy today I know it, everyone is in a panic because I am going to be gone for 6 days. Have to run over at some point and get the oil changed in my car, luckily there is a place in the next building so I can just run over quick then go back and get it at lunch time.

have a great day all and a great week - I'll be able to update on facebook but not here. Liz Radlbeck if anyone wants to add me :)
Lisa H.
on 7/13/11 9:08 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.. it was a wonderfully cool night for sleeping.  I slept straight through the night.  

Today has me working til 3:30.  I am taking Dexter to the vet on my lunch break where hopefully he will get a clean bill of health so I can get him out of the tiny bathroom for good.   He IS using the litter box for poop.  I think he peed in the tub, though, so he will not be getting complete escape until I know he's peeing in the box, too.  

I also have to get to the drug store to pick up my meds today.  After work I thought I was starting at Dress Barn today, but the boss said that she hasn't gotten my ID# yet and she will let me know when I'll be starting as soon as she knows.  I'm disappointed about that, but it will happen and I'm going to stay positive.  

Tonight, I really think I just want to hang at the pool.  BUT, I KNOW that I should be going to the gym. I will make the effort to do both since I have been slacking on the gym.  BUT, when I DO go to the pool, I've been doing a few laps so it's not all a waste.  

Hope everyone has a great day. 

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 7/14/11 7:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yeah Dexter!!!!  Half the battle!!!!!!

IdaMae

bvohl
on 7/13/11 9:52 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Ida, sounds like you learned an important lesson about the oven! I say just go out and get something so you just don't have to bother with the oven until your house is done!!

Today I have a lot of little things to do. Phone calls, errands, post office, dropping off of booster seats that Dee no longer needs. I want to take some time today to sit and watch one of my DVR'ed movies that I just haven't been able to get to!! I feel like I am trying to keep busy and on top of things but then I feel like I am not enjoying my vacation! Have to get some exercise in today too!!!

I posted this on FB, but I will post it here as well. The Wii Zumba game will be on sale for $27 at Target I believe starting on Sunday. I bought it (at full price) and LOVE IT!! At least some of my peeps can save money....I do that and then I play some Wii Tennis for fun!

Today is my Mom's 80th birthday! Tomorrow is my parents 44th Wedding Anniversary. We will visit them tomorrow to celebrate both! They are both in a nursing home suffering with Alzheimers and Parkinsons. My dad is still pretty with it, my mom not so much....it is what it is!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Maura M.
on 7/13/11 10:00 pm - Yardley, PA
Heading off to State College today!  YAY!  Just got back from a bike ride - I got a new bike this past weekend and just love it.  Have been working like a dog.. am so glad to get away to happy valley for the weekend for Arts fest!

Just wanted to check in,

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

dit657
on 7/13/11 10:00 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everyone - gee, compared to the rest of you guys I feel like a real slug these days - I really don't have much going on - work and that's about it. We are taking tomorrow off and heading down to the beach for a long weekend - looking forward to that.

Not much else going on here - hope everyone gets a chance to get out and enjoy this awesome weather!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/11 12:38 am
Back to the real world after 3 days in Atlantic City ...Den & I joined Cherish and her Momma along with Kim and Shawn for a get away. We did things together then things on our own it was fun to get away. As we laid by the pool all day we kept saying what a horrid life it was to lay there with ****tails all day.

Den & I had a really nice lunch yesterday then went outlet shopping of course I hit up Coach and then Dress Barn. If money was not so limited I really could have went crazy in Coach . Sue me I 'm a label ***** haha

Today we do not have much on the agenda I need to make a few phone calls then not much else going on. It is the last of Den's 2 week vacation winding down. I thought maybe a walk around Peddlers Village we will see. He is still sleeping so we will see what happens. 

I do need to get things in for operation declutter. I was given a list of things to get and will do that over the weekend I am looking forward to this project and not doing it alone so that will help looking forward to this to lift  a weight on my mind. 

Life is good  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views