Wednesday Roll Call

dit657
on 7/13/11 4:47 am - Boothwyn, PA
The development you're probably thinking about is Winterset Farms on the PA side - they've just opened Phase II and the houses start around $125,000 - BUT they are double-wides (very, very nice homes) but unfortunately you don't own the land there and their lot rent is very high - we looked at them - loved the layout of the model homes, but the lot rent is almost $600 a month and that covers basically nothing - no lawn care, no taxes, no utilities! So we crossed that off our list of possible retirement places - it would be different if you owned the lot or it included taxes, but we're in Garnet Valley and our school taxes are high, and so are property taxes, so you have to pay that on top of the lot rent.

I'm right next to Winterset in Belmont - we have single homes, twins (carriage homes) and quads or villas - I live in one of those - I do love it there but again, our taxes are really high. Our HOA fees are relatively low because we only have a clubhouse - no pool or golf course - and all of our lawncare is included along with snow removal up to your garage and front door. I hate leaving there because I love my home, the location and my neighbors, but there's no way we can afford to stay in it once my husband retires. I'm just hoping and praying when we go to sell we can get some equity out of it to put on another home in Florida.

Where in Florida do your kids live? We're heading for the Daytona Beach area - my brother and older sister are already there (Port Orange) and my younger sister and her husband are in the process of buying a house. Housing there is extremely affordable and we love being that close to the beach.

If you ever have a free evening and want to meet for dinner at Anthony's give me a shout out - I'd love to meet you there for some of that awesome pizza!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 7/13/11 8:15 am - Maple Shade, NJ

My daughters are in the Orlando area, off of Interstate 4, they live in Longwood, Florida, very nice, taxes there are a joke compared to what I pay, my daughter had a bid on a short sale, the taxes on that house were $1800 per year, mine are $5200, smaller house too.  Time will tell and Daytona Beach has some nice areas.  I would love something near to the water, but probably won't buy there as I will want to be near my girls, there are places now that can be bought for less than $50k, 2 bdrm, 2 bath.  Like I said, good to plan, but who knows where life will lead.

We'll make an evening sometime soon, let me know what is a good night of week for you and we'll make it happen.

Have a great night.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views