ok...now what do i eat....

Nicole S.
on 7/13/11 2:35 am - York Haven, PA
Well today I start soft foods...tried an egg this am w/ some unflavored unjury....yuck

Then at lunch time tired a 100 calorie 4oz Breakstone cottage cheese w/ pineapples.....yuck  couldnt stand the texture

Anybody have any suggestions that they loved to eat at this stage....thanks in advance...gonna go enjoy my protein hot chocolate

Was so looking forward to soft foods....bummmed :)

Surgery 355  / Current 246 / Goal 199.9

Jayne
on 7/13/11 4:40 am, edited 7/14/11 5:24 am - Swiftwater, PA
I started soft foods with really simple uncomplicated stuff..... first meal was soft boiled egg .....little bit of black pepper.

When I first tried cottage cheese -- I opted to plain, no fruit.   Wasn't a problem.

Ricotta cheese has a different texture and flavor.  You can try adding a little vanilla extract to it.

Greek yogurt  (plain, fat free) with a little extract....

Good luck!
Maura M.
on 7/13/11 9:59 pm - Yardley, PA
I liked ricotta cheese, greek yogurt with nsa jam in it, and as gross as it may sound, I did tuna in a blender with a bit of mayo.  I think the unflavored unjury is icky too..  I'd give eggs another try.  I also pureed lentil soup and white bean soups - you can take pretty much any soup and throw it in a blender - I used the chunky beef as I was craving meat at that point.... hope this helps!
Maura

Dennis Belk
on 7/14/11 2:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hello Nicole,

Jayne and Maura have given you some ideas but also understand that eating at this stage is more chore than delight. Your taste has been altered and won't return for months so what tastes strange today may be better later. What's important is getting in your protein goals (as best you can), your liquid goals and your exercise. If this soft food stage becomes difficult, there's nothing wrong with going back a stage. I liked blending my soups (as Maura mentioned) the best, adding broth, spices, and garlic for flavor or even adding more meat to up the protein. Also stay simple (as Jayne mentioned), and stick with the meal that works for a while. Trying too many different foods may cause problems if you don't tolerate them, especially determining which food is the culprit.

Hang in there. Stick to the rules, be patient and good results will follow.

Dennis 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views