Monday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 7/11/11 10:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
Once Sketcher gets used to Dexter you'll find they will be inspeparable.  When I lived in NJ, my daughters were always finding kittens to bring home.  I had my old kitty and after she got all her hissing and letting the new guys know who was the boss they were all inseparable.  It was amazing to see them go through all their theatrics to become so close with each other.  We had 4 cats at one time.  Having only 1 kitty is very unusual for me.  Once the house is done I'm planning to rescue some kittens, our vet told us that Hider needs kittens that she can train her way.  She will not adapt to an older cat that is set in it's ways already.

IdaMae

dit657
on 7/10/11 10:36 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Ida you have the perfect excuse for not taking brownies - no kitchen!! Enjoy your picnic - hope you and Gene got out on the bike sometime this weekend - it was definitely too beautiful to be inside.

I had a nice weekend - yesterday I pulled my wicker rockers out onto the lawn and sunned myself for a while - listened to music - spritzed when I got too hot. Just couldn't stand being locked inside the house another full day, and with no pool close by to enjoy it was the best I could do.

Last night I ran out and bought crabs and shrimp for hubby and I for dinner - first of the year and I was jonesing big time for crabs. They were yummy!!

Today it's back to work for me - woo-hoo. It is getting harder and harder to come in here, but I know I have at least a year left before I can leave. I did tell hubby that I do want a pool in Florida, tho - even though my sister has one I want one of my own just for days like yesterday when I just want to go out and float around and not think about sh*t.

Stay cool and hydrated folks....Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lynnc99
on 7/10/11 11:00 pm
Hi everyone! Ida, all I can say is "this too shall pass." but do take a moment or two to catch your breath this week. You didn't get much of a weekend!

Lisa, you are right. Cats don't need milk, jus****er. They like moving water, so be sure that you don't have a dripping faucet or he will be in the sink or tub!

Just working away today for my last Monday in Florida. I want to get some time by the water later this afternoon so will build that in for the end of the day. Also need to food shop a bit - I felt a little icky in the pouch this weekend so didn't buy or eat much normal food, then probably overate on hummus yesterday because it seemed to agree with me after taking a Zantac.

Can hardly wait to hear about the exciting days ahead in PA! By the way, I think it's hotter there than in FL.
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 1:17 am
Good Morning ....

Survived the weekend it was action packed for sure from Friday through Sunday. It was great celebrating Lisa's birthday in Philly with great friends. It was a good time with great friends and a fun band. Many good laughs and good times.

Saturday found us sleeping in then up headed out to see Rascal Flatts with our concert crew and Cherish joined us. Good times then we left during the encore made our way back to Curran's to see the last set of the Soul Cruisers. More fun!

Sunday found us up early learned of a death in a friends family then after some emails we headed to the Phillies game with the our friends the Gukin family so there was around 40 of us at the game. It was hot I drank so many waters and powerades. I got sunburn so we got home we vegged last nigh****ched some TV did laundry then went to bed.

Today has us up getting ready to go away for a mini vaction away to Atlantic City for a few days. We are going to spend some time with Cherish and her mom plus Kim and Shawn. Can not wait to lay my ass by the pool all day long. I need to pack and want to be out of the3 house when ever no schedule just slow and easy.

Life is Good!
IdaMae D.
on 7/11/11 12:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
A group of my co-workers were talking about the Soul Cruisers today at lunch.  They love the group and go often, when the band is playing out around the Media/Springfield area.  I was telling them I know another group of people that are also Soul Cruiser fans.....

IdaMae

enasangels
on 7/11/11 1:29 am - PA
Good Morning Pa.,
Ida, you are making me tired just reading all you have been doing in the past few weeks.  Please take care of yourself, a few deep breaths, and just muddle thru the best you can till this weekend. 
Lisa your little Dexter is cute, but no milk please, his insides will thank you for not giving it to him.  I have people at my  Pa. residence (husband and sister in law) who think they know better, and insisted on putting milk out for my cat when I got him about 5 yrs ago, he didn't drink it the dog did, so they continued to give it to her.  Now she drinks only the milk, won't eat canned or dry food.  I have to have her put under to have her teeth cleaned cause she won't eat the hard crunchies.  After I spend about $500.00 to correct their mistake of giving her this, I will have to threaten to hurt the first one who gives her milk, and will have to search out a dry dog food that will appeal to her.  I don't mind spending the money on good dog food if she will eat it.  My only other consolation is they won't feed her people food, as she won;t eat that either.  She is a rescue dog and is so backwards and afraid of everything, but I guess she needed someone to love and take care of her.  I worry about what will happen once I move to Tn. for good as she won't potty while on a leash.  She has an  enclosed yard which we don't have in Tn., although it is on 2 acres, it is mostly wooded.   I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens with her.  Moses, my cat, was a rescue also, and was an indoor cat only, and the two knuckle heads in their infinite wisdom decided he needed to be let out.  I fear for him down there to as we have all kind of wild animals out  where we live, I know that we have a bear in the area to has I have see evidence of it in the yard.  Isn't it great to have people in your life who are all knowing about animals.
Sorry for the ramble.
Today finds me going to Salvation Army to look around as everything is 50% off at the local store.   I guess the rest of the day will be spent looking for something to do to keep me out of the house for a while as my son in law is working from home.  If I had only known, there would have been no need for me to be here till Tues. nite.  Oh will, maybe the beach tomorrow.  I guess there will be an opportunity for laundry and dishes, and to make dinner.  I did have a special request for Hamburger Pie for dinner.  I need to make two as my daughter and I do not like onions and sil does.  Other than that a very dull day.  No need to be jealous here.
Have a Good Day All, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views