Combating Regain. . .How You Doing It?

Laureen S.
on 7/11/11 1:36 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Happy Monday. . .

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, the weather sure was great for outdoor activities, though Friday night was really horrible for commuting, took me 2.5 hours to get home and when I got there instead of going to Pei Wei to meet with a friend of mine, I wound up going and getting a grilled chicken ceasar salad and taking that home, it was yummo and they don't put the dressing on, so that made it even better. . .

I did go to Pei Wei's on Saturday to meet that friend of mine and for anyone not familiar with Pei Wei, they are the fast food version of PF Chang's and have pretty much the same menu, just you order, get your own utensils, put your number on the table and they bring you the food when it is ready and did you know that Pei Wei offers their food "velvetized" which means instead of fried, it is made with broth and really cuts down on the caloric, fat content. . .  anyway, I enjoyed my lunch, then home to do things around the house and had the other half of my lunch for dinner. 

I did not make it to the gym this weekend, so this morning I was up at 4:15 so that I could get to the gym before work, as they needed me to arrive at 7:30 this morning, spent 30 minutes on the ARC and then 25 minutes on the treadmill for a total burn of 510 calories.  Working it, working it and I will keep working at it. . .

Have a great week, remember to plan and when you have to wing it for one reason or another, go for what you know is in your best interests.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 7/11/11 5:06 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Laureen - sounds like you had a good weekend except for the commute home Friday night. I luckily dodged the storms.

I had a decent weekend food-wise until last night when we had crabs and shrimp, which were fine, until I added the Miller Lite! But I was very active most of the weekend and didn't over-indulge on the beer.

I did pick up some healthier choices for lunch and snacks at work this week - made a huge fresh melon/fruit salad - got greek yogurt - small whole wheat tortilla shells for wraps, etc. So it's a start.

No formal exercise again - hoping to get on the bike tonight or at least take a long walk.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
spirit56
on 7/11/11 10:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Laureen,

I'm sort of late to the party but the important thing is that I am posting.  Ate a lot of carbs this weekend and too much sugar.  Paid the price by dumping twice.  Tonight I am having some hot roast beef, veggies and a spoonful of potatoes.  Will be going to Zumba class tomorrow AM for the first time in 2 weeks.  Heading down Cape May where my eating will be much healthier because someone is cooking nutritously for me  Need to get back on the horse and start holding myself accountable for what I put in my mouth.  Just taking it one day at a time.

Donna
Laureen S.
on 7/11/11 10:15 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
yup, always nice to have someone cook nutritiously for us, can't say anyone does that for me, but me (lol) and this post is for you to post to anytime. . .  hope that you can be at Barix soon. . .enjoy the Cape

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views