Combating Regain. . . How and what are you doing?

Laureen S.
on 7/8/11 12:31 am - Maple Shade, NJ
TGIF!  Hope you all had a successful week in combating regain. . .  this is how I've been doing it. . .

mostly making good food choices, protein, good carbs (ie, vegetables/fruit), have had some of the lesser quality carbs, ie, a cinnamon raisin bagel with goat cheese this morning, half at a time, piece of italian bread with my chicken parm both nights I had chicken parm (half one night, half the other), otherwise my snacks have consisted of yogurt, cheese with fruit and 2x this week I had single portion size ice cream (s/f).  I made it to the gym 2x this week, so far, with a commitment to go again either tomorrow or Sunday and so that is what I've done, as you can see I am not perfect and am seeking to do better, but this is about honesty and what I am doing.  I have logged every piece of food I put into my mouth and on most days my caloric intake was within 1400 calories, I am meeting with a doctor and the nutritionist next Thursday and will bring my food logs to have them help me do better at this. 

Hoping that any of you struggling out there are doing well and encouraged that you are not alone in this and that this is one battle field we can come out victorious on. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 7/8/11 1:16 am - Croydon, PA
I am continuing to work my OA program of abstinence to the best of my ability.  I've decided to give up guilt and perfectionism this week.  LOL.  Those seem to leave a bitter taste in my mouth.  I've had a food plan every day and mostly stuck to it.  I have not eaten any of my DO NOT EAT foods. 

I am doing a lot of "head" work this week, which is where my eating decisions seem to stem from.

Off to the beach for a 4 day weekend tomorrow.  I have an OA friend down there that is going to go with me to a meeting on Monday night.  I plan some long beach walks and will keep my abstinence.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/11 1:20 am - Eastern, PA
This has been a great week for me.

I still eat some carbs, but I've cut them back. Really concentrated on my proteins.

I've been working out like a fiend lately, and reaping the rewards of feeling better and lost weight.

I'm working my way back down through some regained pounds.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views