Combatting Regain - how you doing it?

Laureen S.
on 7/5/11 12:32 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Tuesday Morning,

Had a wonderful mini-vacation with my daughters and the older grandchildren that live in Florida, mostly we just hung out as my reason for being there was mostly about lending moral support for my older daughter who is going through some tough times, and while I wanted to take them away for the weekend, it was more important to make sure my older daughter's vehicle was safe and stays in good condition, via new tires, brakes, belts and wheel alignment and then we shopped for a new vehicle for my younger daughter so she could give her stepmom her 2004 car.  We did go to the beach one day, where I played in the surf with my grandson and the rest of the time we just vegged ou****ching the big news down in the area of where she lives, the Casey Anthony trial, such a sad situation. . . 

So while I did not get to the gym, I did a lot of walking, played in the surf and on most days I ate the way I'm supposed to and when I got on the scale this morning the truth was there, no gain, no loss and since I got home so late last night, not able to fit the gym in today, way too tired, but tomorrow I will get myself back in there and doing what I know to work.

That's how I'm combatting my regain, by making healthy choices, logging everything I eat, getting in my decaf fluids, vitamins and incorporating some form of physical activity as part of my everyday life.

Have a good day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 7/5/11 5:16 am - Croydon, PA
I went to Saturday's Barix support group meeting, which was wonderful.  Just for today, I have a plan of eating that includes nutritious foods and none of my "binge" foods.  OA meeting tonight.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

dit657
on 7/5/11 5:30 am - Boothwyn, PA
Saturday was a very busy day with the family party and I didn't over-eat that day - tried to make good choices which wasn't easy considering the food that was around. Had one small sf brownie for dessert - everything else was eaten or taken.

Sunday not as good - at a friends house all day - munchies and beer - lethal combo for me.

Yesterday was much better - long walk early in the morning with the dog - cleaned the house thoroughly and did 4 loads of laundry, took a quick nap then actually rode my exercise bike, so I was happy about that. Took a quick shower and had a small dinner, then later was really looking for something indulgent so made hubby and I sf root beer floats.

Today hasn't been too bad - but I need to get to the store for lunch supplies for work. Tonight will be dinner, then another bike ride.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 7/5/11 11:51 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Shopped and prepared for successful eating, spent $23 at Produce Junction, came home, made healthy salads of cucumber, tomato, scallion, dill, with seasonings, olive oil and lemon juice, that I will take and eat with some cheese, also made a tomato and red onion salad, cut up strawberries for snacks and blueberries.  Other items I purchased were a big bag of spinach, red peppers, figs, all good carbs to go with my protein selections over the next few days.

Going to sleep so I can get up and out the door for the gym in the morning, back on track. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views