on 7/5/11 12:32 am
ROFL Swede!!!! Too too funny!
Lisa H.
on 7/5/11 4:06 am - Whitehall, PA

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 7/5/11 9:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
Lynn, we were going to get the old washer repaired until we realized it was somewhere between 15 & 20 yrs. old.  I can't even begin to imagine the laundramat experience.   In my old life with my ex-husband I had to frequent the laundramat and swore I'd never set foot in another one as long as I live.  If I need to wash I can go visit my MIL, she is the bestest MIL in the whole world, I love her sooooo much.

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 7/4/11 11:26 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida and PA,
I am home, recovering from a trip to Sesame Place, and some kind of stomach bug.  The kids had so much fun at Sesame Place, and they were so well behaved.  We got to see the parade and the fireworks show. 

I am doing research for a mindfulness meditation group, and coming up frustrated.  I need to e-mail University of Pennsylvania to ask some questions about their group.  It sounds interesting and promising, but I need my questions answered. 

Tonight I have therapy.  I hope I can make it there with no hitches.  Last time I tried to drive there, I ended up turning around and canceling it. 

Hope everyone is as blessed as I am.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 7/5/11 7:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Trish;
Gene taught this in one of his courses, he said his students hated it though.  He has tapes as soon as he figures out where they are I'll send you the guys name that is the founding authority on this.
Ida

IdaMae

IdaMae D.
on 7/5/11 7:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
Look up Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD
Mindful for Beginners
Guided Mindfulness Meditation

Jon Kattat-Zinn is the founding director of the stress Reduction Clinic and the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusets Medical Center. 

IdaMae

steffihope
on 7/4/11 11:48 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning everyone.  I am back in the Philly area.  I am hanging with the fb hubby's kids as he and his wife need go to a doctor appointment for some sort of crazy lump he has in his arm.  We are not really alarmed, but I am MAKING her go with him.  So, I am hanging with the girls.  I will head home at some point later today, going to try to make it to the pool, had some eye opening relavations this weekend and need to get by ass back in to the pool which is an exercise that I love!.

The rest of the day is up in the air.  Write Emily a letter, do some work around the house, nap I am sure, I need to talk with the Psychiatrist, I can't be napping three times a day.  We shall see.  Will call him tomorrow.  Tonight, Phillies game is on TV, hoping to meet up with a friend!

That is all on my agenda!  five days til camp!  YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laureen S.
on 7/5/11 12:39 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Ida,

I remember when my home was in renovations, it seemed like it was never going to be done, but once it was, it was so worth it, I loved my home before, but now love it more, just wi**** were in a state where I was not being choked from the taxes I have to pay to live in it, which will force me to sell over time.

I am home from my mini vacation, though it was more about being there for moral support for my older daughter who is going through some tough times right now, we did manage to enjoy our time spent together and last night, when I got to the airport, found that my flight was delayed which got me into Philadelia an hour and some later than originally scheduled and when you are taking a late flight home, is not a good thing.  When I arrived home, I was greeted by my sweet Roxie girl, who my roommates told me while I was gone she was just a big mope, so as I walked up my steps with suitcase in hand, there was her head leaning on the widowsill watching me come up the stairs, was she ever happy to see me, so by the time I gave her her fair share of affection and went to bed it was about 1 a.m. and then I had to get up at 6 for work, aah reality, such a wonderful thing. . .it will probably be a very quiet week here and thankfully short to boot, today I will go to a noon AA meeting and then home for a quiet evening, as I am tired and need to rest so I can get up early tomorrow and back to the gym. . .

Wishing you all a wonderful day and the peace and strength you need to get through the rough spots of living.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 7/5/11 9:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
Laureen;
I feel the same way about our house.  When we came here checking out the neighborhood and sat in the backyard on July 4th, 2003 I knew I was home.  I already love our new bedroom and the great room.  We have no A/C for the time being until the HVAC guys get everything in place and hooked up.  The great room is so bright and airy, I can't wait to be able to bring my rocking chair in the hosue and just sit out there.  I know that is going to become my favorite room in the house.

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views