Happy 4th - Roll Call

sandy L.
on 7/3/11 9:01 pm - Altoona, PA
 Hello PA and fellow OH friends,

Today is a wonderful day.  I was shocked to see there wasn't a roll call this morning and I'm up very early.  Hope no one minds that I started on, am I doing this correctly?  I'm walking in my first Hollidaysburg YMCA 2 mile walk (I'll work on the 5K run), today is my 4 month surgiversary and I"m down a total of 107 lbs since I started my journey.  I'm feeling great today.

Happy 4th of July to everyone and please be safe.

Sandy

steffihope
on 7/3/11 9:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Sandy - there is NO wrong way to start a roll call thread!  And we love when others feel they can just jump in - it means there is a comfort level, and we are all about making others feel comfortable!  Happy posting! :)

I am in a particularly amazing mood for 6:50 in the morning.  I physically spoke to Joshua last night as he arrived in Israel.  He sounded animated, excited and generally proud to be a Jewish American in Israel. I, on the other hand, am so beside myself with pride.  There is that feeing of kvelling.  Anyway - I am still in Bringantine with the fb Hubby and his family.  Having an amazing time. Ran errands with hubby yesterday - got to the beach for about an hour and proceeded to completely fall asleep.  I am GREAT company these days! HA HA HA!

Today, not totally sure, hoping to get to the beach early so that Larry has some time before he has to go to sleep as he has to work tonight.  I am staying here with the Eisenmans and heading home with them tomorrow.  Tonight wil be fireworks in Atlantic City and a late night with friends.

That is all.  Hope your Fourth is FABULOUS and FUN!
Lois G.
on 7/3/11 9:46 pm - Ashland, PA
Hope everyone has a great holiday and a safe one.......off to Phila for a birthday party and then back to the old grin for two and half weeks of staying home......lol....then off to Reno for five days....with mum................holding my eating right, doing the right things and will continue today to follow the rules.......there will be sugar free stuff there so I can enjoy ..........see my nutriontist this thursday and will find out whats up with my levels,....I feel fine.....hope all you PA'ers have a wonderful day .............................................
lynnc99
on 7/3/11 10:43 pm
Hi everyone! I was up and out early to get Mike to the airport. Yeah, he had to go home today but we had a wonderful weekend together so I am not complaining.

After a little check in here I am headed to the beach - it's beautiful!- hopefully before the rains come later on. Tonight there are local fireworks and I may wander downtown to check them out. It would be a great way to get a walk in since I am sure to have to park in the back 40!

Happy 4th to all!
bethmal
on 7/3/11 10:44 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
Good Morning Pa -
Bob and I are picnicking with friends this afternoon and then we will watch the fireworks in the park.  Happy 4th to all!
Beth

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

dit657
on 7/3/11 11:12 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all and Happy Independence Day!

A little furball woke me at 7 for a walk so we took a nice long one before it got too hot. Cleaning and laundry on my agenda today.

We've had two busy days - the big family party went well after a rough start and yesterday we were at a friends house. Tired today.

Enjoy the holiday everyone.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 7/3/11 11:20 pm, edited 7/3/11 11:20 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning my dear friends..  I have had a fabulous weekend.  
Dinner with friends Friday night.  
Great first date-dinner-Saturday night (with a stock broker...), followed by karaoke with Cherish and relaxing girl time at the pool yesterday.

Then, Neil came by yesterday afternoon so he could meet Cherish outside of the party scene and spend some time with both of us.  After she left, he took me to dinner and then to Walgreen's and CVS where we went for soda for today's BBQ, but he also ended up getting me a few things I had great coupons for, not to mention providing Skecher with some new tastes.. he seems to not care for anything but fish, but we'll see what  happens with Neil's choices. 

Today is the BBQ with Neil and some of his friends.  So, this morning I am going to run to Target to pick up a few things and then head to NJ to his place so we can continue on to the BBQ.  I am sure I will leave NJ before it gets too late so I am not fighting tiredness or traffic getting home.  I will probably not bother trying to find fireworks around here b/c it's just not the same watching them alone.  

Tomorrow is back to the reality of work, but I also have some fun evening plans scheduled this week.  This single and dating thing is kinda fun!!  

Hope everyone is safe today and enjoys time spent with their families and friends.  Don't forget to stop and remember the true meaning of the holiday and thank a soldier if you see one.  

My tracker

hers 

Laureen S.
on 7/4/11 12:00 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning from Sunny Florida,

Happy Birthday to the United States of America, while not perfect, sort of like me, we live in a wonderful country. . .

Today is my last day here in Florida, been a good trip overall, usually is a nice time when I am with my girls, being a Mom is a lifetime thing, even when they grow up and have children of their own, they still need us when things are challenging and I always hate leaving, yet I miss my Roxie girl and a few others back home, but more and more I'm thinking I will retire here in about 10 years, hoping the real estate market here stays depressed for another 3.5 years then I can take money from my 401k and buy something for retirement days, this way I won't have any mortgage, planning for the future is good, but life will play out in the way it is meant. Anyway, going to see my children's stepmom today as we are going to drive my younger daughter's corolla over to her stepmom's, she bought a nice new car yesterday and so we are making sure Trudi has the old one, it will be nice to see her. I will be leaving for the airport around 5:30 as I have an 7:57 p.m. flight home and then tomorrow it is back to my reality (sigh). . .

Hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July, wishing peace and strength to those who are dealing with life challenges.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 7/4/11 12:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Sandy & PA:

I've been up since about 6am or so.  Laid around relaxing which is not normal in my life at the moment.  Yesterday after church we went to Lowes and Sears power tool shopping all Gene's are packed away in the shed, and the GC took his truck so we had to pick up what Gene needed to work on the summer kitchen.  We had to take down a portion of the wall that we'd built so the fridge could be moved in order to be able to put a utility closet beside the fridge.

Today we are trying to figue out when to have the new washer delivered since the old one broke,  I'm trying to figure out how long my clothing will last before I need to have a washer in the house.  I think I can go another week.

Today Gene is reading his students final papers so he can grade them I'm not sure at this point what I can do.  There is no washing to be done, cooking is minimal due to everything being paced away since January.  No cleaning to do, Gene and I cleaned the dust off everything yesterday when we got home from church, then he got dust all over the house again by cutting down the wall so 10pm last night we were wiping down the house again.  

The joys of renovations and remodel.

Hope everyone has a great day.  I'm hoping Chick Fil A is open today, I've had a craving for the chicken nuggets so that just might be our dinner, a small chicken nuggets for Gene and I to share.  

Happy 4th of July and be safe....

Ida

IdaMae

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/11 1:35 am
Happy 4th of July!

Slept in till around 9:30 today then got up watched the rest of the closing argument's in the Casey Anthony trail. Watching the judge as I type. Personally I think she is guilty along with being cold hearted.

We had some good times with friends this weekend and today is 2 additional BBQ's one with friends then off to see family.

I am looking forward to just vegging tomorrow.

Life is Good.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views