Wayward Wednesday Roll Call

steffihope
on 6/28/11 4:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi all.....yes - I am up again....however, this time I slept for about 4 hours straight.....its a start!  I started taking a new medication and got rid of the other ones that were most likely giving me headaches and keeping me from sleeping soundly.  I am hopeful that once it is completely out of my system, sleep will be my friend again.

So, today is the day....sending child #3 off to camp.  Firstly, I love this place, so being there will no doubt bring me joy.  Secondly, seeing my daughter sooooo excited about being there, those of us that are parents, there is nothing like it in the world, and there is no amount of money that is too much to give this joy to a child.  I have to finish packing her - looks like that will be done momentarily.  She is really done, just need to find one more bag to put the rest of her stuff in.  A trash bag will do as it gets put in a shelf once we get there anyway.

Hoping to leave by 8ish.  Dependant upon the time we leave, Larry and I will hopefully stop for lunch at one of our favorite restaurants we go to when we are at camp.  I am sure we will run into a zillion friends while there.  Then home for the afternoon.  Dependant on my sleepiness, I will either take a nap, (I am sure there will be napping on the ride to and from the pocono's)  I will call the swim club and see what the cost would be for a membership on my own.  Tonight, Larry is getting an award from the senator in the area in which he is working and they are providing a dinner for us as well.  Then after the dinner, back home I will come to a blissfully quiet house.  Me and the dog.  

I hope your Wednesday is wonderful and not so wayward!
bvohl
on 6/28/11 9:07 pm
Good Morning Steffi and PA!

Steffi-If you get too lonely I could send over a really cute 8 year old to keep you company!!

I am up yet again and the butt crack of dawn to get the child ready for summer school. I have two doctor appointments today. One with the GP and one with the podiatrist, both follow ups. One of my coworkers is going to Barix for a consultation and I will be accompanying her for moral support!

Gonna try my best to keep up the exercise routine I have been doing....one day at a time!!

Busy day, don't know if I will have anytime to organize, oh well?!?

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lynnc99
on 6/28/11 9:21 pm
Steffi, your house is going to be really quiet!

It's a work day for me - lots of e mail to catch up on. Yesterday I made some decent progress on a couple of things. Picked up the car from its repairs too.

Last night I attended a support group meeting here in FL. Very good meeting - I got a good recipe for a baked cheese/egg side dish that I cam straight home and made. 4 ingredients - my kind of recipe. All protein - a 2nd check in the "plus" column! I'll post it later for you all.

My knee is still not back to 100% so I am taking it easy on exercise for another couple of days, and icing it regularly which seems to help. It's not the joint, I have decided, but more like a muscle strain from overdoing it the other day.

Have a good one!
Lisa H.
on 6/28/11 10:29 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Mazel Tov to Larry on the award!! He deserves it for all the hard work he does!!  Sending #3 away.. whatever will you do with yourselves?? 

Today has me working til 3:30 per usual.  I have to go to the post office and mail off some Tastefully Simple stuff.  

I am thinking of hanging at the pool for a bit after work and then heading to the gym for Body Combat.  OR, I will go over earlier for the treadmill class followed by combat.   Either way, I WILL get to the gym tonight.  

Other than that, nothing special going on today.  Hoping to get a better night's rest as well.  I have not been sleeping that great either.  I may have to try the melatonin and see what that does for me. 

Have a great day all.. looks like it's going to be a nice one. 

My tracker

hers 

gmom62
on 6/28/11 11:07 pm - Clifton Heights, PA
Good morning Steffi and PA,

Steffi, I'm truly sorry your not getting the rest you want and need.  Enjoy the peace and quiet in your house.  they'll all be home before you know it.

I'm at work till 5, as usual.  I've already done my 3 mile walk this morning.  It was pretty humid this morning when I walked.  It wasn't as humid by the time I left for work.  I love these kind of days.  Makes riding my scooter to work even more fun! 

I've been packing a little each day for our cruise.  We will be leaving early Saturday morning to drive to Bayonne, NJ.  Five nights to Bermuda.  Can't wait!!! 

Tonight, I plan on going over my packing list to be sure I have everything needed.   I know I need to get extra batteries for my camera, just in case.  I might need to see if Walmart or Target has garment bags.  Cherish let me borrow her's.  My husbands two suits and his shirts fit in it.  I need to find another one for my dresses.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Cyd

dit657
on 6/28/11 11:49 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Have a wonderful time on your cruise to Bermuda, Cyd - it's one of our favorite places to cruise to! Are you spending the entire time docked at Kings Wharf? That's what our ship did the last time and it was so great - we bought a 3-day island pass for the buses and ferries and went everywhere!! I envy you - enjoy!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
gmom62
on 6/29/11 12:35 am - Clifton Heights, PA
We are staying in Kings Wharf. That's the dock they use for the bigger ships.  This will be our 3rd time in Bermuda.  We just love it!!  We were thinking of renting a scooter for a day.  Taking it out to St. George and work our way back.  Stopping along the way at different sights and shops.  If the scooter is too expensive we will probably do the bus/ferry pass as well.

Saturday can't get here soon enough for me!!!

dit657
on 6/29/11 12:41 am - Boothwyn, PA
Be careful on those scooters!! I've seem more tourists in accidents down there because of driving on the wrong side of the road - and their roads are really narrow and have lots of blind curves on them. The buses run constantly and take you everywhere.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
gmom62
on 6/29/11 3:56 am - Clifton Heights, PA
I ride a scooter every day to work and around town so I know how to ride them.  The kind I have is probably bigger than the ones they rent too. Driving on the other side of the road might be a challenge.  Our very first trip to Bermuda, we rented scooters.  that was 16-17 years ago though.

It's all good!

lynnc99
on 6/28/11 11:52 pm
I got to go to Bermuda several years ago. The water was SOOOO blue - unbelievable!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views