Computer problems, along with health issues

Patricia R.
on 6/23/11 12:28 pm - Perry, MI
My computer's power cord/charger, keeps acting up, so my computer time is unpredicatble till I replace it. 

I need to have an endoscopy, because I think I have an ulcer, and must take care of that, as I have had bleeding ulcers in the past, and being on Coumadin that would be dangerous. 

I also have to have a rhizotomy, where they burn the nerve endings in my spine and lower back, because of chronic pain.  I have to go off the Coumadin for that and the endoscopy. 

My hematologist wants me to put two weeks between procedures, because it is a mess to get me the other blood thinner, as well as dangerous.  My endoscopy is set for July 8th, so I have to wait for two weeks after that for the rhizotomy.  In the meantime, chronic pain.  Can't take NSAIDs, and being in recovery, narcotics are dangerous.  The alternatives to narcotics are practically useless at this point. 

So, I needed to vent/whine/cry, take your pick.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

sandy L.
on 6/23/11 1:25 pm - Altoona, PA
 Oh my, you poor thing.  When you're in pain nothing else matters.  I will pray for a speady and complication free recovery.  

lynnc99
on 6/23/11 7:32 pm
Trish, this may sound silly or be very naive given all the issues you are coping with...but have you tried acupuncture?
Patricia R.
on 6/23/11 9:34 pm - Perry, MI
I have thought about acupuncture, but can't afford anything that is not covered by my medical insurance, being on retirement and Social Security Disability.  I will look into it to find out the cost when I get the money from the school district. 

Thanks for suggesting it.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 6/23/11 10:28 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hugs and prayers coming your way, Trish - I hope there'sno ulcer, and the rhizotomy helps with your chronic back pain. Take care - and whine away!! We're always here to listen. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/11 11:41 pm
Trish,

I am sorry you are going through so much at this time. I will go out on a limb and say if the pain is that bad for a short term use take a NSAID in the past for short term pain I took them I took them with food and a prilosec. I would not take them alot but if you need some kind of relief it may help.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views