Saturday Roll Call

bvohl
on 6/24/11 8:51 pm
Good Morning PA!!

I am up early preparing for our trip to NY today to see Steven's family. This is my first full day of summer vacation and I am LOVING IT!!! I am so glad to be away from work for awhile, although I will miss some of my work friends. Hopefully we will get together this summer for some fun!

Now, it is time to focus on ME! Gotta get back in the game!

What are you up to today???

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 6/24/11 9:16 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Beth.. have fun in NY today!  I woke up at 6:30.. of course, I don't HAVE to be up until at least 8 for synagogue and did not set my clock last night thinking that if I slept late, then I needed the rest.  Guess I don't need it?!?!  WRONG, but oh well here I sit.  I've started to fold the mountain of laundry that Siehara seemed to accumulate after cleaning her room.  I'm just putting it in her room on her bed for now.  I'm going to go through her drawers and get rid of the crappy and non-fitting stuff that she left behind.  

I'll be going to synagogue and then coming home to relax.  If the sun is out, I'll nap by the pool.  Otherwise, I'll come here and let the TV watch me sleep.    Tonight, I am heading to Reading to a party with some friends.  It should be a lot of fun! 

That's about it for me.. everyone have a great day/weekend!

My tracker

hers 

Patricia R.
on 6/24/11 9:57 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Beth and PA,
I was up around 5:00, and took Utley for his walk and came back and fell asleep in my rocking chair.  I did not have to be up till 8:00, but keep getting up early. 

This morning, I am heading to my AA meeting, and then to my therapist appointment.  Not sure I will be able to drive to therapy, because my back is bothering me, and I am afraid I will fall asleep at the wheel. 

Tonight, I will watch the Phillies game, which should be good, because last night's game was awesome, and the pitcher was a rookie.  Tonight it's Halladay, who is the Phillies top ace. 

Oh, I almost forgot, I have to go to the post office to mail a package for my daughter-in-law.  Her birthday is in a couple of weeks, and I want to mail her part of her gift.  She is in L.A. with the Les Mis tour.  I will give my son the other part of her gift to take back to New York with him when I see him next weekend. 

Have a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 6/24/11 10:17 pm
I am LOVING summer!

This morning I am meeting a friend to go to the farmer's market. We are making plans to see a local production of 42nd St. in a week or so and have to set a date.

Then I may venture up to Fort Myers to find a natural food store that has....wait for it....Asian black bean pasta. The ingredients are: Black beans and Water. I have not had pasta AT ALL in 2 years so this might be worth the trip! If it's good I'll let y'all know.

I've already taken a 3 mile walk before the humidity sets in.

Last night I spent 2 hours just sitting on the beach as the sun went down. It's the "thing to do" in SW Florida and was exactly the peaceful thing I needed.

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/11 10:51 pm, edited 6/24/11 10:52 pm
Sunny Saturday out there is a good thing as we have a BBQ/Birthday party to go to today and I am looking forward to it. Been missing my friends and need some hugs.

Yesterday my plans changed so I got my hair done and took Aja with me to get her hair done too she then stayed with us over night, She could wait for Dennis to get home from work and he makes such a fuss over her. She is with him now doing dishes so of course when she wanted pizza for dinner that is what Dennis got her. She is the light of of our lives.

Today has me running some errands then vegging till time to go to above mentioned BBQ.

Life is Good
IdaMae D.
on 6/24/11 11:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning!

I actually slept in today.  Was up late last night completing an assignment for class that had to be posted to blackboard prior to midnight.  Tried to get to said assignment all week but things just kept pushing it aside. 

The meeting on Thursday at Dad's nursing home went well after I arrived.  Upon my arrival I walked in to my dad and my brother yelling at the physical and occupational therapists.  Was so not wanting to stay, I left my old life to get away from that crazy behavior sure don't want to invite it back in.  I ended up telling both of them to be quiet so I could speak with the two therapists.  They insisted on yelling so I finally told them to put their listening ears on and keep their lips locked until I heard everything.  It turns out they were trying to figure out how to get dad into his bed at home and teach him to position himself so he can breath and not get short of breath at night.  Of course my next question was "does dad qualify for a medical bed in the homw?"  Was the logical question that needed to be asked.  They directed me to the social worker, in the mean time had to tell my brother to be quite again, spoke to the social worker and she said that it looks like dad will qualify for one, but first she needed to fill out paperwork for Medicare and then we'd talk.  If only people would listen....

Today I am on a mission to find a small piece of granite for the master bath shower, apparently we have to tile that area because of the rubber that has been put in there for the water proofing.  So I was able to find tile and floor for the shower that I really love, much cheaper than the interior designer was charging so all I have left to find is a pretty piece of granite for the shower seat and we are good to go in there.  We are going to complete the master bath up to the cabinets - the cabinets are the large dollar item in there so that will wait for another time.

After I find the granite I want, then home to write a SWOT analysis and another paper that is due Monday.  I also have to write my prayers and get my stuff together for tomorrow as I am taking the role of worship leader in church tomorrow.

Gene is seeing clients today so I'm on my own today.

Hope everyone has a great day.....

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views