Thoughts on my 2 year surgiversary (long)

Laureen S.
on 6/25/11 3:12 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Donna,

First of all congratulations on your surgiversary!  You have every reason to be proud and just because you are struggling with the maintenance of the thinner you, does not mean you are a failure. . .  if that were the case, then there are many failures around and I would be considered one of them. . .  I AM NOT and YOU ARE NOT. . .

I wrote a post the day after the 3rd Wednesday meeting about battling regain and I have started doing it 2x a week on Monday and Friday, post as often or not at all, but that word, regain, is the purpose because there are too many of us lurking with a sense of failure because we have or are facing a regain.  In my original post, which came after Dennis' last meeting as a leader, a meeting that was full of love, as well as support and which turned out to be one of the best meetings ever, that topic was a part of it and we need to do more about supporting those of us who are further out and struggling, if you can look for that post and read what I wrote, part of it is about the sense that I thought I would be able to maintain if I ever got to goal, sheesh Donna, how many times have we heard they operated on our stomachs, not our heads, so the same damn reasons we never did maintenance well before still exist, after the compliments stop and the honeymoon is over, the life long work begins and that my dear friend is where we need to support one another even more and that is my intention with the posting of "Combating regain and what are you doing about it", as well as the idea of how we had so many WOW moments in the early days and now we have create our own.

So please don't beat up on yourself for not knowing how to do something we never did well, let us join together and learn how to do it for a lifelong adventure.  You have suffered a setback, well dust yourself off and move forward, take lessons from what did not work well and use that for what can work better.

Enjoy your week in Cape May doing your volunteer stuff and please let's talk soon, for some reason I think I gave you my number, but if you want it, just PM me and I will give it to you!!!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

spirit56
on 6/25/11 10:33 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Laureen,

What can I say - you are a rock for me and have been since day 1 with your honesty.  I have been reading the regain posts and look forward to posting on there.  I agree that those of us who are further out need to be even more supportive of one another because the wows just aren't there much any more.  I will be at the Wed. night Barix meeting in July so I look forward to seeing a lot of people that know where I am.  Take care.
Laureen S.
on 6/25/11 3:13 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
PS

You were and have been missed. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Arlene E.
on 6/25/11 9:00 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Donna

Congratulations on 2 years!  This is a continuous battle for all of us.  Many are struggling with similar issues and with regain.  Do not stay away from Barix.  This is one place where you can feel safe.  We are the ones who understand and are right there with you.

Enjoy your time in Cape May.  Come back to us soon. You are missed.

Arlene 

spirit56
on 6/25/11 10:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Arlene,

I appreciate your support and kind words.  I will be at Barix for the Wed. night support group in July.  Hope to see you then.  Take care.
IdaMae D.
on 6/26/11 6:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
Donna;

First let me congragulate you on two years of SUCCESSING!!!!!!  Think about it, is your health where it was the day you had this surgery? 

Is re-gain a possibility - acutually it is more of a probability.  If your nose itches that usually means your going to sneeze, as my husband and surgeon have told me.  I went into this knowing from both my surgeon and my PCP that yes, I was going to hit a low and I would more than likely have re-gain.  Have I re-gained weight yes, has Gene re-gained weight yes.  One of the fears I had going back to grad school was my limited time for exercise - that has come to be.  With working full time, going to school full time, there is absolutely no time in the day to exercise.  I'll be done school May 2012, will I have time to exercise then - absolutely, will I still have my tool absolutely, will I loose weight - only God can tell me what he/she has in store for me.

With all that said please do not be so hard on yourself, believe me I know we are usually our own worst enemies when it comes to being hard on ourselves.  Stick around for support.  I'm not as active as I once was, I have no time for myself.  But I'm always on here reading, listening, absorbing from all of you that have come before me.  You being one of those that came before me, I remember learning so much from you at the beginning of my journey and want to thank you for all your insights and words of wisdom!!! 

Take care and rejoice in your successing!!!!!!

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views