NSV

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/11 11:54 am - Hatboro, PA
Hey everyone, I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying the start of summer...

I just wanted to share a NSV that happened to me tonight.  I've recently become a bit of a shopaholic, so when Kohls was having a big sale and they sent me a 30% off coupon I had to go over there tonight.  So while I was at the store tonight I saw that they were having a huge sale on Craft & Barrow polos during the night owl/early bird special, and they were only $12 each.  Since in the store they only carry up to XXL, I figured I'd buy one just to see if it fit or not.  If it didn't, no big deal I'd just return it....  

Well to my surprise I got home and tried it on, and IT FITS!  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  First of all it's a miracle to be able to buy something off the shelf of a regular department store... but then to be able to fit in a XXL shirt is just amazing considering that a year ago I was wearing 5XL shirts!!!!

Anyways, I hope that everyone has a better weekend then I am going to.  Unfortunately I'm working all weekend, YAY!
dit657
on 6/24/11 12:25 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Congrats!! That's awesome! One of my favorite 'side effects' of this surgery is buying off the rack in most stores. I could only order from catalogs for so long and it was depressing (and expensive!). Very happy for you - won't be long til you're in an XL or smaller!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lynnc99
on 6/24/11 1:40 pm
Terrific!!! What a great moment - and a great deal, too!
bvohl
on 6/24/11 8:40 pm
LIKE! LIKE! LIKE!!!

AWESOME!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 6/25/11 10:48 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Always fun to go home to "try" something on and find out it fits, even a better one for me was finding I had to return it because it was too big, something I never dreamed would happen. . . .  AWESOME!!!

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Jshivery
on 6/26/11 12:05 am
Revision on 03/10/16
David,

Congrats buddy!!  Way to go!  Its such an awesome feeling.  I have recently bought stuff from Kohls off the rack in the regular section.  Frickin LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!  I think its the best feeling ever!!! 

Congrats your doing such a great job!!

IdaMae D.
on 6/26/11 6:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
congratulations!!!!!!!  I remember my hubby and the first time he could go to the normal mens department to shop instead of the big & tall.  He was sure nothing was going to fit and everything I picked out for him was a waste of time, until he tried the stuff on, the way his eyes lite up back in 2007 is a sight I'll never forget.  Savor this!!!!!

Ida

IdaMae

Cherish F.
on 6/26/11 7:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
Awesome!!!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 9:20 am - Hatboro, PA
Thanks everyone!  I'm just hoping that the shirts still fit after I wash them and then go to wear them for the first time!  Hopefully they won't shrink too much in the dryer.. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views