*** FINALLY FRIDAY ROLL-CALL - WHERE IS EVERYBODY?? ***

swedeville1
on 6/24/11 11:50 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
OK, how about this.  What if at Giant Eagle you could get your nails done and for a small fee you could have someone take your shopping list and get your groceries for you?  I think we are talking now. 

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/11 11:59 pm, edited 6/24/11 12:00 am

I am up after a fun night at Jimmy Buffet with both old and new friends. Cherish joined us and we had a ball. She fit right in with my friends and we danced the night away.

I am watching QVC it is a sad show cause it is a tribute to a guest that died so they are doing salutes to her. I have cried a bunch of times. Quack Quack

My plans for today got canceled but I will then go to plan b do some errands and thuink I will hit up Chilpote for lunch. I have returns to make at Kohl's plus need to hot the post office and Bank. Got my final paychecks from my job and can I say I hate taxes the check was taxed to death.

Tonight we will veg at home cause Den had a long week we got home at midnight he had to be up at 3:30 am to go to work and trains were down so hehad to drive. Tomorrow we have a friends summer kick off bbq /birthday party. Which is always a fun time I need some hugs from my friends to that I have been missing.

Kathy...Prayers go out to your family and you.

Life is Good

dit657
on 6/24/11 12:11 am - Boothwyn, PA
OMG Beth - did the Quacker Factory lady die? The one who always wore the headbands?? I never bought her stuff on line but did buy a few things at the outlet in West Chester. Always loved her spirit on the show - she was such an upbeat person!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/11 12:52 am
Kathy .Yes Jeanne Bice the Quaker Lady died suddenly about 2 weeks ago. She had uterine cancer and they thought she was doing better. She had been off the air for a few monthsw but would call in. The host have all been sharing memories and it has been happy yet sad.

I loved her spirit in living life and was all ways so grateful.
dit657
on 6/24/11 12:57 am - Boothwyn, PA
Thanks Beth - I used to watch all the time and would catch her on fashion days - don't want much at all anymore but she always had cute stuff and such a great outlook on life. That is very sad indeed.

Laureen S.
on 6/24/11 4:03 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Aww I loved Jeanne Bice, she was such a sweet lady and you're right her spirit was one of complete gratitude, I would watch her shows all the time. . .  RIP Jeanne. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Cherish F.
on 6/24/11 12:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Morning all!
My old ass is dragging today. I had an amazing day yesterday at the Jimmy Buffett concert. Got to see an old friend from high school, and meet some of Beth and Dennis' friends, who were soooo much fun! My cup truly runneth over. Thanks Beth & Den!

On the up side, with the jumping around and dancing and walking I did, I definitely got my exercise in for the day.
On the down side, my knees aren't very happy. I always blamed my knee pain on my weight, but am re thinking that now. Might be making an appointment to get them checked out. I'm sure it's just arthritis, but may check any way.

Tonight, Cyd & I are going to hear a Jimmy Buffett cover band at Rose Tree park. These free concerts are a lot of fun. We'll grab something and picnic before hand.

The rest of the weekend I don't have a darn thing planned. Halfway excited by that, halfway sad.

Kathy - keeping you and your brother in my thoughts today.
Stef - enjoy the ride to the shore.

Love you's!
~ Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

dit657
on 6/24/11 12:50 am - Boothwyn, PA
Get those knees checked out, Cherish - when I started having problems I felt the same way - it's my weight - but my family doctor said skinny people get arthritis, too. Don't wait too long because there are a lot of good alternatives/medicines out there to help with joint pain - it's not fun being immobile, especially since you've lost weight now and want to be more active. Kathy

Sara E.
on 6/24/11 12:47 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Morning all!
I had a great pre-op dr appt yesterday in Danville.  I got to see Tonya, who gave me lots of words of wisdom.  She, by the way, looks fan-freaking-tastic.  I also saw Lois there.  She too looks awesome and shared advice with me.  They both had the same surgeon as I will have for the 2 plastics surgeries.  I am really getting psyched for next week.
As for today....I wor****il 3:30 then we have a department dinner, then I am going shopping for a body shaper for after surgery.  I was told to get the shorts style that goes from the waist to just above the knees and has extra oomph at the lower abdominal section.  Hope I can find a nice one today, I am busy all weekend.
Later...
Sara

lynnc99
on 6/24/11 2:24 am
Kathy, please keep us posted on your brother. He is in my prayers!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views